Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Talking the Market Down  (Read 240 times)
paulmaritz (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:35:06 PM
Merited by bones261 (2), BTCforJoe (1), Shitcointalk (1)

It is shocking to see the number of market commentators who are normally pro-crypto, including well-known Youtubers (and I am not going to name them here), who are currently talking the crypto market down. Instead of choosing to place the current dip in prices in perspective, they choose to be extremely negative and create the idea that it is happening because of overvaluations of cryptos (based on what?), etc. This while many of them welcome regulations and other anti-crypto BS with open arms.

I feel they play right into the hands of the governments, corporations and bankers who are hell-bent to keep us under their control. In my analysis, what we've been seeing in recent months and are currently seeing are nothing short of a highly organized, coordinated attack on cryptos (facebook ban crypto ads, blatant market manipulation by Mt. Gox trustee, Visa 'glitch' in charges at Coinbase, IRS crackdown on cryptos, YouTube and google ban crypto ads, Poloniex sellout to Goldman Sachs backed entity, Coinbase capitulation to IRS, Visa and MasterCard making it difficult to buy cryptos, phishing attack on Binance, etc.).

I feel we have to place all in perspective, stay positive, understand what is at stake and take the steps required to move forward.

Why cryptos? Cryptos provide us with the means and opportunity to support a non-violent revolution that aims to free people from the shackles of centralized banking and governments – the primary enablers of wars, pain, poverty and chaos.

How is this possible? Through peer-to-peer trustless (bankless) transactions within peer-to-peer economies driven by decentralized blockchains.

In essence, regardless of our political, religious and other affiliations, cryptos are a way to level the playing field so that everyone gets a fair chance to participate and/or contribute. Peer-to-peer makes us equal partners when it comes to trustless, peer-to-peer transactions and peer-to-peer economies means that are no single asshole who gets to call the shots. For once, we get to contribute to something that can set all of us free - across the globe.

We need to stick to the original and/or core aim of cryptos. This for one means that we need to support decentralization.

We need to support decentralized exchanges and help to finance and build new ones. This is why I have welcomed Binance's decision to turn their exchange into a community centered, decentralized exchange and to take the fight to those who are out to discredit this space (bounty on scammers).

We need to support crypto friendly ad networks such as CoinTraffic, A-ADS, Coinzilla, CoinAd, Mellow Ads and AdBit. And the various decentralized ones in development.

We need to support decentralized video sharing platforms such as DTube.

We need to support private or anonymous cryptos.

Anyway, I could add more, but I am sure you get the idea. We either fight in a non-violent way with the tools in hand (or create better ones) or we walk into the traps set by the slave masters - where we get to suffer and slaughter each other to their benefit again. I know there are many good people out there who are not taking any of the shenanigans sitting down, but I know there are also many people who are falling for the bankster shenigans.

It is not going to be easy, but we have to stay positive and push forward with our eyes wide open. We must swing public opinion in our favor and push for mass adoption - the sooner, the better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:33:13 PM

Please do not forget we are still in early Nineties for cryptocurrency. I am interested to see where will we go after 2030 or beyond.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 08:02:35 PM

Well I don't really mind. I'm not selling at the moment, and I want to pick up a few more coins. I've just picked up a domain name ready for the rise later this year. I found resurges.com, and grabbed it for registration fee. Smiley
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:12:30 PM

This act of "influences" looking down on the market is very unhealthy to the rest of the community because by spreading these concepts people especially the newbies get worried and start selling and would only help it continue down the dip allay.
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:55:38 PM

The growth is not just a big uptrend to what we are seeing now, i might go with the flow with it but i am still Holding till the 3rd quarter.
rembad

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:06:42 PM

Do not you think that all these pessimistic discussions are played out? Usually, many people talk about the fall of the market, then we should expect its rapid rise and vice versa. The opinion of the public is usually imposed, you need to think with your head.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 07:12:15 PM

This act of "influences" looking down on the market is very unhealthy to the rest of the community because by spreading these concepts people especially the newbies get worried and start selling and would only help it continue down the dip allay.

I agree with your reply. Talking the market down especially by 'celeb' figures only makes the situation of the market worse because negativity spreads easily and it will start getting other people worried.
Thekool1s
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218

Change is in your hands

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:24:06 PM

What I am more interested in is that people who talk the market down, do they actually benefit off from it. Do we have some sort of historical proof for this? I have heard this many times before that anyone who is too negative about something has usually missed out on an opportunity to buy in low. But Do we have any sort of evidence for these kinds of manipulations? I would love to see a real-life case.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 01:37:57 PM

At the moment there is a massive spike in the number of Bitcoin short positions. This is probably a risky bet at the moment, and it could be an attempt to push the price down so that the long term holders can pick up some more coins. It will probably result in a panic correction as they unwind their positions. In my opinion, Bitcoin purchases are for the long term holders, and not for the speculators, and maybe they are the ones trying to create sales as some holders give up on Bitcoin.
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:36:05 PM

maybe this is just the beginning in the bubble market because in the next year or 2 years we will see the cryptocurrency back to its peak so that the market will change and we must be able to think long term for this, because it took four years for the bubble in the last year
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: