Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:09:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Etheraffle - World's First Truly Decentralized Charitable Lottery!  (Read 350 times)
etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

Join the Etheraffle ICO Today!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 01:31:22 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 09:47:46 PM by etheraffle

~ WEBSITE ~ WHITEPAPER ~ FACEBOOK ~ TWITTER ~ REDDIT ~ TELEGRAM ~ GITHUB

To purchase LOT, send ETH the ICO address below
0xA4F902f57Fd9FFcedF4dE6cF7EbC86ea9F76B5d1

etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 12:34:27 AM

Welcome. The Etheraffle ANN and bounty campaign have now been live for 24 hours!

We've had some great feedback so far. If you have any questions regarding the project, we'll be more than happy to answer them!

Dont forget, Etheraffle is offering the equivalent of $1,000,000 in LOT tokens over in the bounty campaign, some of which can be earned by simply subscribing to or following our YouTube channel, subreddit and Instagram page!

Follow the link below for more information!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3126424

sjyi

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:55:59 AM

A novel concept for application that requires trustless transactions and transparent operations.  Read the whitepaper in entirety.  Looks to have done much work prior to the announcement.

World-wide lotto.  Look out Powerball!
Baltman

Activity: 280
Merit: 170

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:10:01 PM

So many lottery. I think people are a little bit cooled to this idea. But whats your proffit from this, if fee 0?

etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 01:54:39 PM

So many lottery. I think people are a little bit cooled to this idea. But whats your proffit from this, if fee 0?

We agree that people are cooled to the idea of a lottery since all the existing blockchain ones do is copy real-world models but end up being worse! They are still centralized, take larger fees and do nothing for good causes.

Instead, we are aiming for a fully decentralized lottery who does raise money for good causes. We take ZERO fee because we want Etheraffle to be owned entirely by the LOT token holders, including ourselves! We will profit in exactly the same way any other LOT token holders do - with dividends that the LOT token gives. Our incentives are aligned exactly with yours - we want this to succeed.

We have made Etheraffle not because we want to own a lottery, but because we want everyone to own a lottery.

etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 08:26:58 PM

This is why we need a decentralized lottery - You can't hack user accounts if you don't need to keep any!

- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43437097

sjyi

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:21:33 AM

We agree that people are cooled to the idea of a lottery since all the existing blockchain ones do is copy real-world models but end up being worse! They are still centralized, take larger fees and do nothing for good causes.

Instead, we are aiming for a fully decentralized lottery who does raise money for good causes. We take ZERO fee because we want Etheraffle to be owned entirely by the LOT token holders, including ourselves! We will profit in exactly the same way any other LOT token holders do - with dividends that the LOT token gives. Our incentives are aligned exactly with yours - we want this to succeed.

We have made Etheraffle not because we want to own a lottery, but because we want everyone to own a lottery.

Hello:

I purchased a couple of raffle tickets for the last Saturday's drawing.

I did not win the last week's pot which I think was above 2 eths.  I noticed the pot for the next week's pot is just less than 1 eth.  This means that someone won the pot.  Where can I see the information regarding who won and the distribution of ticket purchases?
sjyi

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:58:05 AM

Hi! This is certainly a useful project. Tell me, what bonus can I get at an early stage?

Take a look at the following ICO schedule.
https://etheraffle.com/ico#details

The earlier you obtain the LOT tokens, the more you get for your Eths.

I've missed out on the pre-ico rate, but you can still get the Tier 1 rate of 100,000 LOTs per Eth.
etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 03:48:28 PM

Hi Sjyi

I purchased a couple of raffle tickets for the last Saturday's drawing. I did not win the last week's pot which I think was above 2 eths. I noticed the pot for the next week's pot is just less than 1 eth.  This means that someone won the pot. 

Thank you for playing! Don't forget to visit again on Saturday to claim the LOT you'll have earned from your ticket purchase! With regards to the win, here's an article about it. Let us know if you have any other questions!

As for

Where can I see the information regarding who won and the distribution of ticket purchases?

Regarding the information of ticket purchases, you can look at the contract on Etherscan at any time to see the activity going on there. As for winners information, there is a leader board in current development that will eventually display the relevant information.

etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 03:54:15 PM

Hi! This is certainly a useful project. Tell me, what bonus can I get at an early stage?

Hi Bervang!

We think Sjyi answered your question but if you have any more, let us know! The current bonus amount of LOT is 90,000 per ETH so get involved here today!

robifuni

Activity: 203
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:09:02 PM

The project is unique and funny, I like the project. Projects that have many colors in the logo. I want to ask what are the advantages and advantages of this project? I hope this project is a great success Grin

INTERFINEX        Bill       ▬▬       DeFi | The future of decentralised finance
████████████████████   ▰ JOIN  NOW ▰  ████████████████████
[ SWAP TRADE ] ◼ fee of 0.1% ▐ [ LIQUIDITY POOL ]▐ ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter
sjyi

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:29:42 AM

May I request a feature (or change)?

On the "Buy Ticket" screen, can you either add a confirmation dialog when "BUY TICKET!" is clicked?

Or allow the number selection to be accomplished after clicking "BUY TICKET!"

Or change the default numbers by removing them with empty characters.
(I prefer this method since I don't have to sort through the numbers that are already included due to default selection.)

I forgot about the number selection and clicked the "BUY TICKET!" and the default numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6 was chosen.  Since there was no confirmation dialog, I bought that ticket.

sjyi

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:47:49 AM

...whats your proffit from this, if fee 0?

I don't know if Baltman's question was clearly answered.

Per the WP, each raffle's ticket sales allocation is broken down as follows:
Prize Pool: 67%
EthRelief Contract: 15%
Disbursal Contract: 15%
Overhead: 3%

So, 3% of the ticket sales goes to cover overhead.
I don't know how the LOT will be distributed, but if dev holds some LOT tockens, proportional amount of 15% of the disbursal contract should be distributed to devs as well as to other LOT token holders.  But this is my guess.  The official statement should clarify that further.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 04:55:38 AM

Internet gambling is always profitable but the problem is the field is filled with many players and blockchain-based gambling services fill a very small niche. I don't know if this ICO will be a success but the potential is there.

sjyi

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:39:49 AM

The project is unique and funny, I like the project. Projects that have many colors in the logo. I want to ask what are the advantages and advantages of this project? I hope this project is a great success Grin

Here is a graph of comparison with other lotteries:
https://imgur.com/a/uDaPj
hana gonzales

Activity: 215
Merit: 10

iLink2Music

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:42:59 AM

allocation for bounty program is 1.000.000 USD, how much token?
this project is unique for me and i want to join bounty and take part in it.

iLink2Music     ●     PRE-ICO LIVE     ●     J O I N  U S
|   THE POWER TO SHARE & CONNECT GLOBAL MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT   |
[          FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM          ]
etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 05:54:29 AM

allocation for bounty program is 1.000.000 USD, how much token?
this project is unique for me and i want to join bounty and take part in it.

Hi. Taking the average price per LOT during the ICO, $1,000,000 = ~100,000,000 LOT.

It would be great to see you in the bounty. Head over to the Bounty Thread to get signed up!

Sjyi, I have forwarded your questions to the dev team.

sjyi

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 06:54:19 AM

Devs:

In the current contract code, the winnings need to be claimed within 10 week grace period after a drawing.

With all aspects of etheraffle being automated, why not automate the winning distribution as well?
The system has the information the address of the winning ticket(s).  I'm sure someone will forget to claim within the grace timeframe, but etheraffle supporting altruistic goals, automatic payment would be a great selling point on top of the current positives.
etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 11:25:37 PM

Devs:

In the current contract code, the winnings need to be claimed within 10 week grace period after a drawing.

With all aspects of etheraffle being automated, why not automate the winning distribution as well?
The system has the information the address of the winning ticket(s).  I'm sure someone will forget to claim within the grace timeframe, but etheraffle supporting altruistic goals, automatic payment would be a great selling point on top of the current positives.

Hi Sjyi

Good question!

Our reasons for opting for a withdraw method, over a "push" method are threefold:

1) If we were to automate the sending of winnings, the contract would be open to a whole new class of re-entrancy bugs that could jeopardise its security.

2) If you look at what happens in the contract, you'll notice that any unredeemed prizes after the ten-week grace period roll back into the prize pool, so all non-winners benefit. We actually thought about maybe having this unclaimed fund going to the charity contract instead, and still might do so. What do you think?

Most importantly though:

3) It is expensive to automate, which is why our competitors, who send out winnings, do so manually, via an interaction with the contract by a centralized entity (be it human or bot), whom you have to trust to do this correctly and in a timely manner. We prefer our method whereby your prize winnings stay in the contract until you come to retrieve them.

With Etheraffle, you don't have to trust anyone in order to claim your ether!

sjyi

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:20:09 AM

Devs:

Hi Sjyi

Good question!

Our reasons for opting for a withdraw method, over a "push" method are threefold:

1) If we were to automate the sending of winnings, the contract would be open to a whole new class of re-entrancy bugs that could jeopardise its security.

2) If you look at what happens in the contract, you'll notice that any unredeemed prizes after the ten-week grace period roll back into the prize pool, so all non-winners benefit. We actually thought about maybe having this unclaimed fund going to the charity contract instead, and still might do so. What do you think?

Most importantly though:

3) It is expensive to automate, which is why our competitors, who send out winnings, do so manually, via an interaction with the contract by a centralized entity (be it human or bot), whom you have to trust to do this correctly and in a timely manner. We prefer our method whereby your prize winnings stay in the contract until you come to retrieve them.

With Etheraffle, you don't have to trust anyone in order to claim your ether!

Ah, I haven't thought about some of these issues.  Another proof that you guys are well prepared for the product.  Just curious about how expensive the automatic sends would be.  Are you talking about the fees, which I don't think it is, or the code implementation and verification effort?

When I think about it, 10 weeks should be long enough, but a person like me, would somehow forget to claim the prize.  I would feel it would be extremely unfair.  But that is life.  Leaving the current method of claiming the winning should be good. 

As far as whether to roll the unclaimed winning back into the prize pool or fund the charity, I would vote to roll it back on to the prize pool.  But then as the token holders, we can also suggest changing the behavior and vote on the issue.  This is another positive point.  The token holders control the behavior, not a central power.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: