Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:37:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Etheraffle - World's First Truly Decentralized Charitable Lottery!  (Read 350 times)
sjyi

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 01:23:43 AM

Devs:

Since I have purchased the raffle tickets, I have checked the results screen, but I don't see any "claims" for the LOT token Promotion.  I thought I would see them only on Saturdays.  Well, I still don't see it.

Would you please confirm the behavior for this?

Thanks,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

Join the Etheraffle ICO Today!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 10:07:45 PM

Hi Sjyi

Are you talking about the fees, which I don't think it is, or the code implementation and verification effort?

We are talking about both. The only way to automate it without human intervention would be via oracles, which is doable but costly. And the prize pool would have to shoulder that cost. Which would be fine for jackpot wins, since it'd be such a small percentage, but problematic for smaller wins. Especially wins like the two match one we are currently working on....

When I think about it, 10 weeks should be long enough, but a person like me, would somehow forget to claim the prize.  I would feel it would be extremely unfair.  But that is life.  Leaving the current method of claiming the winning should be good. 

Another option was of course to have no time limit whatsoever, and just have it available forever for withdrawal. But we didn't like that idea of ETH becoming "stuck" if left unclaimed forever. We thought it better to give a reasonable redemption period after which unclaimed prizes are reclaimed by the contract.

As far as whether to roll the unclaimed winning back into the prize pool or fund the charity, I would vote to roll it back on to the prize pool.  But then as the token holders, we can also suggest changing the behavior and vote on the issue.  This is another positive point.  The token holders control the behavior, not a central power.

That's the great thing - eventually the community as a whole can democratically vote on this! We prefer the prize pool method for now, since the amount raised for charity depends on the level of play, and more attractive prize pools will drive more play.

etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:42:11 AM

Devs:

Since I have purchased the raffle tickets, I have checked the results screen, but I don't see any "claims" for the LOT token Promotion.  I thought I would see them only on Saturdays.  Well, I still don't see it.

Would you please confirm the behavior for this?

Thanks,

Hi Sjyi

The claim button only appears on the main page on Saturday. We chose to do this because you can only claim once per week. So if you enter, then claimed your free LOT, then entered again, you wouldn't be able to get your second amount of LOT in the same week. So to avoid confusion we opted to have the "Redeem" button appear only on Saturdays.

However, the new update we just pushed last night introduces a way where you can redeem tokens from previous week's entries when you want - it's in the FAQ:

1) Go to the FAQ tab

2) Open the "Can I claim from a previous weeks" question

3) Pick which week you want to claim from via the drop down menu

4) If you have tokens awaiting you, click the redeem button!

Let us know if you have any further issues redeeming your tokens!

assasin21rus

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:19:53 AM

Is it a good choice for such a project? recently was a firelotto they as I know, too, were more lucky and similar subjects how do you think you can excel at this?
etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 05:06:56 PM

Is it a good choice for such a project? recently was a firelotto they as I know, too, were more lucky and similar subjects how do you think you can excel at this?

Hello assasin21rus!

Thank you for the good question! Here is how we feel about the matter:

Firelotto are indeed our competitor, but we don't think they can compare to us at all. For a start they take a large cut of every ticket for themselves meaning smaller returns for investors.

In addition, there is every chance that  Firelotto steals your dividends and winnings which they can easily do because they are completely centralized meaning that you have to trust them with everything, unlike with Etheraffle.

They also don't publish their smart contracts meaning you are at risk from a Firelotto exit scam & them running away with all your money.

Their token doesn't pass the Howie test and so will be viewed as a security when the time comes, and so possibly illegal.

Their company representatives didn't know the URL to their own Github when we met them, and then later thought that showing us some javascript was the same thing as them showing their smart-contracts. If you read their ANN thread you will notice worrying concerns about their leadership and past scams they have been involved in, as well as them failing to pay out winner's prizes in a timely fashion, if at all. Our raffles are automatic, unlike Firelotto, meaning you withdraw your winnings whenever you want!

And worst of all, it seems like Firelotto are driven purely by greed since they take 10% for themselves and give nothing to charity! Our goal is to give as much to charity as possible! So we take 0% for ourselves!

In fact, we compared ourselves to a few other blockchain lotteries too and this was the result:

yehor

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:32:10 PM

where the company is located?
etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 04:41:55 PM

where the company is located?

Hi yehor

The team and so the company (for now) are located in the U.K.

etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 11:07:19 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 04:24:47 PM by etheraffle

Etheraffle is launching its Instagram! As well as the existing bounty available for simply following our Instagram @etheraffle, we are offering DOUBLE BONUS STAKES for every 'like' our first post receives!

Simply follow us, 'like' our posts, take a screenshot and report as normal with your other weekly reports.

Visit the Bounty Thread and fill out the Instagram Bounty Form to easily earn yourself some LOT tokens!!

quockiencoltd

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:19:06 AM

I would like to say that this is a great project. I will join you in ICO
etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 04:27:19 PM

I would like to say that this is a great project. I will join you in ICO

Hi quockiencoltd

Glad to have you on board! Let us know if you have any questions!

etheraffle (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 11:24:09 PM

Quick update - we've implemented our random number picker AND made it more obvious per Sjyi's feedback!

You can read more about the update here!

sjyi

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:05:49 AM

Quick update - we've implemented our random number picker AND made it more obvious per Sjyi's feedback!

You can read more about the update here!

Fantastic!

"RANDOMISE!" is obviously visible.

Etheraffle is constantly improving and the devs really listen.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: