Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:02:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when you see bitcoin crashing like this and you're losing money?  (Read 496 times)
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:50:11 PM

For people who have a long-term investment strategy, sit nicely and watch a favorite movie is a good thing, let the price weaken and go back up. But if you have a short-term investment strategy and intend to see the bitcoin price movement selling bitcoin when it's downhill is the best solution! Hold your money and when the price is at the bottom and trend up price come you can buy back. I'm sure you will get a profit compared to HODL and let the price go back up.
I really do not even bother myself when situation like this arrives. Traders are happy making a living out of  the fluctuation in the market, I am happy making a good living from my job with some additional passive income alongside of it, so I am not bothered where bitcoin heads to now, it is the future that matters and that is what I am all about. Anyone who wants to panic because of people like OP who make it a living to spread FUD, then that is their choice.

But one good thing about bitcoin is all the time we can have confident like bouncing back of prices at any time. It had happened many times in the past so we never need to get panic nor frustrations on seeing prices falling down and when we are losing our capital virtually.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ladyinredcoins2018

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:14:49 PM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day, manage their positions? Are you guys just sitting there, watching your accounts evaporate, hoping for better days? Are you cutting losses? When is it enough?
Sure it is hurtful for those investors that has been affected with the recent drop of the value of bitcoin  but there is no other way but to wait if you sell anyway you get the same result of loses where if you wait there is a big chance that it will rise again and you gain higher because you were patient enough to wait.
bocyaj

Activity: 1325
Merit: 302

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

But I think it's better to hold the bitcoin to recover,then selling the bitcoin at low prices and accepting the losses.If you had invested the independent money in trading,you are free to hold.Independent money means,the money which is not necessary for your daily expenses.If you had hold the bitcoin means,atleast in future you will get some profit.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:38:42 PM

But I think it's better to hold the bitcoin to recover,then selling the bitcoin at low prices and accepting the losses.If you had invested the independent money in trading,you are free to hold.Independent money means,the money which is not necessary for your daily expenses.If you had hold the bitcoin means,atleast in future you will get some profit.

Please, stop using the google translator, it is a shit and all that you are writing in there is pure crap with non sense.

Anyway, i prefer to hold and try to buy more when the price collapses just like it happened a few months before.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 05:47:33 AM

I just wonder how those HODL people that are now losing so much money day after day after day, manage their positions? Are you guys just sitting there, watching your accounts evaporate, hoping for better days? Are you cutting losses? When is it enough?

Price has been moving sideways and when it goes up for a few days, it would go down again and some hodlers are frustrated because most of them are still at a loss especially those that bought above 10k. Maybe this is the time to evaluate if they really wanted to just hold their coins and wait for the time to earn profit or start learning trading and profit whenever they want to even if the market is going down. As for me, I am still trading because I can't stand just watching the charts. I wanted to do some action. I wanted to continue to learn trading and even if I am still down because losses cannot be prevented, at least I am still learning.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:34:30 AM

It depends on the coin, for alt coin I always set a bottom limit, because some of the alt coin won't able to go back, so we need to cutloss to save some fund to buy other coin, but if the one that down is strong coin like BTC or eth,l then I just hold, the price will back again when you hold for long term, so I never worry about those coins

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
bifle

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 09:44:57 AM

When I see a low price and notice that my BTCs value is lower than what I invested, I check the bitcoin halving countdown (http://www.thehalvening.com ).

=>  In about ~800 days, it will be twice as easy to maintain the current price. (= great chance of a price x2)
Vness10

Activity: 372
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:29:18 AM

I'm not doing anything. I'm waiting for the price to recover. Selling coins at a time like this is a big mistake. I always have the opportunity to use Fiat for life. That is why we need to diversify our risks. I am always against those who claim that bitcoin can replace the main work. You can always choose a more profitable option for you.
I agree to you we need more patients and wait until the market back to normal because that's true selling a coin this time is bug mistake.

http://7hash.com?ref=7f466fb77323861
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 10:40:32 AM

When the price drops I freeze my assets in coins and use only Fiat for life. It makes me put some limits on my expenses, but I'm not worried about it. The price of bitcoin will rise and I will get my income. When you constantly have money is very difficult to save. The volatility of bitcoin allows me not to make spontaneous purchases. I hope in the future this will allow me to collect a large amount for a major purchase.
Markperop

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:13:48 PM

When the price drops I freeze my assets in coins and use only Fiat for life. It makes me put some limits on my expenses, but I'm not worried about it. The price of bitcoin will rise and I will get my income. When you constantly have money is very difficult to save. The volatility of bitcoin allows me not to make spontaneous purchases. I hope in the future this will allow me to collect a large amount for a major purchase.
and really even for today and the real prices for Bitcoin, you can still earn a little and collect money to fulfill your cherished desire. We used to get super profits Thanks to the crypto currency, And today we are falling into disheartening because of the price reduction. Not everything is as bad as it seems.

HELLO EVERYONE.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: