Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:59:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Genesis mining just collapse?  (Read 379 times)
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:32:12 PM

Genesis was a scam since the beginning. Some people may be defending it by giving 2 constantly repeated examples of why they are legit.
1. They have real miners and are mining
2. They are paying

Both of these things aren't worth much if you know how the scam is built. You offer people lifetime contracts, borrow money from them, buy miners, once people are close to ROI you shut the contract down saying it's not profitable, you keep the miner and all the coins from this point.
The only reason why they're still here is that people can't read, do research and count.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:13:51 AM

If you're talking about genesis mining will terminate 90% contracts before investors reach the break-even point, it's purely unrealistic speculation. You may say 10-30%, but 90%? I don't think so.

It may not be 90% exactly, could be more, could be less, but it definitely isn't anywhere near the figures you mentioned. Based on your figures, cloud mining would be somewhat worthwhile, but that's not how the reality is. The reality for most people is that they don't even reach their break-even point as I have said before.

Genesis mining has running for around 5 years since 2013, it is the most transparent cloud mining company compared to others, doesn't mean it's the most profitable but many people gaining profits till today, at least they still provide the services it offers.

Lol, you are a dreamer. Many people aren't gaining profits at all, but just suffering from their own idiotic investment in cloud mining. That service will remain operational as long as fools decide to invest in it, and that has been going on for years. As long as money flows in, they'll keep mining hot air. If they are as transparent as you say they are, please tell me where they mining addresses are.... People have been looking to know this for years, but no one found out yet. Cheesy

How about, they pay customers with their own invested money? There is no way we can prove it, but maybe it ever happen if mining business doesn't go so well and bitcoin price falls down but the difficulty keeps increasing.

Look up the definition of a ponzi scheme.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:21:42 AM

I heard on a gambling website when someone on their chat room from a person who has been telling of the formations of bitcoin's ups and downs announced that genesis mining went under.
Any truth to this speculation statement?

I am not with them so can not log in to an account to verify this is true.
From what they tell their customers in a news announcement usually when you log into the site.

No confirmed report of it going under. Yet.

I do think that it's suffering from some regulation, which is good to see. But it's only from the state of South Carolina that their regulatory pressures have been coming from, and nowhere else have shown any tendency to regulate cloud mining yet.

I think this will change in the future. And genesis could be hard hit by it. Right now, all the contracts are sold out. IMO it doesn't mean much and i think it's them trying to create artificial demand for themselves.

But regardless of any of this, whether it's going down, Genesis is not a good investment. It could be a ponzi scheme, it could be running on fractional reserve, who knows. And even if it's legit, you're not going to make a profit by investing in it. It's a trick for the noobs.
wxa7115

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:07:28 PM

I heard on a gambling website when someone on their chat room from a person who has been telling of the formations of bitcoin's ups and downs announced that genesis mining went under.

From what they tell their customers in a news announcement usually when you log into the site.
Cloudmining has always been a scam there is no way for it to produce profits over the long term, but people do not want to listen, so I do not know if Genesis mining is going to last for a long time that will depend if they can keep getting people to invest their money with them, what I know is that is a terrible idea to invest your money there, if you want to mine then get some equipment and if you don't want to bother with that then just buy bitcoin or whatever coin you want.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:08:08 PM

Cloudmining has always been a scam there is no way for it to produce profits over the long term, but people do not want to listen, so I do not know if Genesis mining is going to last for a long time that will depend if they can keep getting people to invest their money with them, what I know is that is a terrible idea to invest your money there, if you want to mine then get some equipment and if you don't want to bother with that then just buy bitcoin or whatever coin you want.
On general means we do really know that cloud mining investment wont really be a good thing specially for long term profits thinking off that they do have already the duration.Genesis isn't dead yet since its still operational.They do some recent issues towards US which I do see they do really deserve such thing.Sooner or later its expected or somehow anticipated that these cloud mining businesses would really collapse if there were no more investors,thinking off that mining difficulty continuously to rise up.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:41:57 PM

i just got payed for my bitcoin contracts on genesis minigs !
so they still operating they just moved there farms away from usa .....

regards
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:12:06 PM

You getting your payment has nothing to do with that. They just won't be able to serve people in South Carolina anymore, and that's really it. If we have to believe them, their main operations are being carried out in Iceland.

As long as that is the case, people will keep getting paid, and that's obviously assuming they actually run a large mining farm, which I highly doubt. They might be mining, but not on the scale they want people to believe.

It would be nice to see other states follow South Carolina as well, because that would really decrease the overall reach of genesis mining. If later turns out that they can't offer contracts anymore, their real face will be revealed.

If they are actually mining, they can just continue doing so for themselves, but in case it actually turns out to be a scam, which a lot people believe, they will shut down their entire service and just leave with millions in the bank.

Legally speaking, not much will form an obstacle if you read through their terms.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:22:52 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 11:54:30 AM by Rahar02

If you're talking about genesis mining will terminate 90% contracts before investors reach the break-even point, it's purely unrealistic speculation. You may say 10-30%, but 90%? I don't think so.

It may not be 90% exactly, could be more, could be less, but it definitely isn't anywhere near the figures you mentioned. Based on your figures, cloud mining would be somewhat worthwhile, but that's not how the reality is. The reality for most people is that they don't even reach their break-even point as I have said before.

Like I said, 90% is just unrealistic speculation.
Most people? Like 90% you have mentioned? Lol Grin
I always read over and over again on genesis twitter account where people complaint about their payment reduced or missing, but on the other hand, many people ask for new contract as well, genesis can't just open a new contact without new ASICs or GPUs, it's a positive sign that they provide the services it offers fairly. And most people who didn't reach ROI at all due to they have a low hashrate that can't even generate enough bitcoin as the difficulty keep increasing these days.
Honestly, I want to buy a contract but seems like it's too late now.
I have some friends who have bitcoin contract on genesis mining (over 20,000 GH/s) and they have reached ROI less than 6 months because of bitcoin price spike to $19,000 few months ago.
Look, it's not a speculation, it's a proof based on people who really involved.

Genesis mining has running for around 5 years since 2013, it is the most transparent cloud mining company compared to others, doesn't mean it's the most profitable but many people gaining profits till today, at least they still provide the services it offers.

Lol, you are a dreamer. Many people aren't gaining profits at all, but just suffering from their own idiotic investment in cloud mining.

Honestly, I want to buy a contract but seems like it's too late now, but I have some friends who have bitcoin contract on genesis mining (over 20,000 GH/s) and they can reach ROI less than 6 months because of bitcoin price spike to $19,000 few months ago.
Look, it's not a speculation, it's a proof based on people who really involved. Yes, my friends still gaining profits until today.
If you never invest on genesis or at least has a friend who did, than you don't know about it.

I don't talk about cloud mining in general, it just my point of view on genesis mining.

That service will remain operational as long as fools decide to invest in it, and that has been going on for years. As long as money flows in, they'll keep mining hot air. If they are as transparent as you say they are, please tell me where they mining addresses are.... People have been looking to know this for years, but no one found out yet. Cheesy

have mentioned above, genesis can't just open a new contract without new ASICs or GPUs, and genesis have some rules about their mining contracts.
I don't think any miner want to reveal their mining addresses, I don't know either, but you can figure it out if you have a friend who get payment from genesis. Tongue

How about, they pay customers with their own invested money? There is no way we can prove it, but maybe it ever happen if mining business doesn't go so well and bitcoin price falls down but the difficulty keeps increasing.

Look up the definition of a Ponzi scheme.

I don't think genesis mining is a Ponzi scheme.
You can check their twitter, their youtube channel, some YouTubers who ever visited genesis mining farm on Iceland, and so on.
Rahar02

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:37:52 AM

regards

May I ask, how long you have been invested on genesis mining?
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:02:23 AM

All cloud mining companies are very risky investments. Depend on trust, because as a business, they do not have so many guarantees about their services. They are very close to ponzi schemes. Even in mining companies that own large farms it is much more lucrative to leverage what they receive and create a ponzi scheme than to have a legitimate business. Ponzi sold stamps until he realized that nobody was interested in the business to the point of investigating how it worked if the profit was exorbitant.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:33:53 AM

Genesis was a scam since the beginning. Some people may be defending it by giving 2 constantly repeated examples of why they are legit.
2. They are paying

Both of these things aren't worth much if you know how the scam is built. You offer people lifetime contracts, borrow money from them, buy miners, once people are close to ROI you shut the contract down saying it's not profitable, you keep the miner and all the coins from this point.
The only reason why they're still here is that people can't read, do research and count.

Yep. The 2 reasons they give really don't prove anything.

They may have a mining center that has been on camera that they exhibit to the public. But with their services being ever expanding and the amount of contracts they are signing expanding, there is a high likelihood of them running a fractional reserve with their miners.

Plus, you have no way of verifying that you are getting paid what they're actually getting paid from their mining pool, since they do not audit that data ever.

Genesis mining seems to be suspended in one US state only, and has not collapsed yet. But the risk is always there and I won't invest my money into Genesis Mining for sure.

Smiley
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:19:07 AM

regards

May I ask, how long you have been invested on genesis mining?

These are the stats of my first Bitcoin Contract on Genesis Mining
Order Date:
2016-04-27 16:12:44
Contract Start Date:
2016-04-27
End Date:
 ∞

this brings you what ?

regards
Rahar02

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:59:50 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 12:11:37 AM by Rahar02

These are the stats of my first Bitcoin Contract on Genesis Mining
Order Date:
2016-04-27 16:12:44
Contract Start Date:
2016-04-27
End Date:
 ∞

this brings you what ?

regards

Just want to ask from someone who has invested in genesis mining rather than speculate from others who have never invested, it's a good information. May I ask other questions?
It's almost 2 years, how long it takes for your contract to reach ROI at that time? Whether everything goes well regarding the payment or some payments ever missed/lost? The last thing, it's such a secret, do you have a contract more than 15 Th?
Thanks for sharing this with us.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:39:44 AM

2. They are paying

Im with genesisi mining since they started and they always paid me on time.
are u a member of GM or u are here just to troll and raise posts counts ?

do a better research if u really want to know about gm , or keep trolling with no proofs
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:18:23 AM

Investing in cloud mining is a very risky business and one has to becareful and also has the mind to face the risk before going into it. If the whole genesis mining will collapse then you should see why others are not safe. I can imagine how much investors will lose if this turned out to be truth and how this is going to affect their views on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: