Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:43:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Something Awful forums discuss bitcoin & SquareWear  (Read 6200 times)
wallet.dat

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 06:12:29 PM

Wait.. when did SA start charging for memberships?  I haven't been there in years, but I remember it used to be free.  I still have my "L33T LIEK JEFFK" shirt I got from Razer CPL in 2000 (or was it 2001?).

"MOOOOOOOM! THE MEATLOAF!!! F**K!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 07:19:01 PM

Somethingawful used to be relevant, now its a badly-aging reminder of the 2000's. Its hilarious he gets people to pay him to post. I guess that is the test, to see if they are stupid enough to do so. Given that most of the country is filled with idiots, I'm sure he does quite well.

I mean, look at the quality posts from JeffK - aren't you lawling over it? No? Oh, that's right, we don't pay here - and we actually have lives.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 07:52:30 PM

Thanks, made my day  Cheesy

Mousepotato, is that you wearing these shirts?

And most of these shirts really ain't funny, imho.

Ouip (That's French for "Yup")

Mousepotato
Gabriel Beal (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Fezzik, tear his arms off.

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 08:17:11 PM

And most of these shirts really ain't funny, imho.
So you admit some of them are funny. Smiley

JeffK

Activity: 350

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 10:26:05 PM

Somethingawful used to be relevant, now its a badly-aging reminder of the 2000's. Its hilarious he gets people to pay him to post. I guess that is the test, to see if they are stupid enough to do so. Given that most of the country is filled with idiots, I'm sure he does quite well.

I mean, look at the quality posts from JeffK - aren't you lawling over it? No? Oh, that's right, we don't pay here - and we actually have lives.

Good thing I used worthless fiat dollars to pay for my account, instead of extremely valuable Bitcoins.

Stupid SomethingAwful admins, letting their users pay them such worthless currency for the privilege of posting. I bet the quality of posting would go up there one hundred fold if they stop letting the riff raff register with fiat money and created an elite forum that allows the good, upstanding, and intelligent Bitcoin-bourgeoisie to buy accounts with gold doubloons and cryptocurrency.

Also, if you had a life, you probably wouldn't have 600+ posts on a forum dedicated to Autism Kroners
elk-tamer

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 01:39:58 AM

The funny thing about that SA thread is that the amount of spent mocking bitcoins has exposed many of them to how they work. The focus eventually became less on bitcoins, and more on the forum and the posters here.
Quote from: I GreyHound
Unguided posted:
Hey, new crap comic!

What is the intended message of this (specific) comic? MtG: OX should be closed over weekends? Banks should be open 24/7? Buying cheap bitcoins and then watching them steadily lose value is the road to riches?
He has a point. What is that comic supposed to be about?
TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 03:02:47 PM

Good thing I used worthless fiat dollars to pay for my account, instead of extremely valuable Bitcoins.

Stupid SomethingAwful admins, letting their users pay them such worthless currency for the privilege of posting. I bet the quality of posting would go up there one hundred fold if they stop letting the riff raff register with fiat money and created an elite forum that allows the good, upstanding, and intelligent Bitcoin-bourgeoisie to buy accounts with gold doubloons and cryptocurrency.

Also, if you had a life, you probably wouldn't have 600+ posts on a forum dedicated to Autism Kroners

Good try, but I've seen more effective trolls than you. But they were probably better educated.

I guess your inferior trolling is a knock-on effect from being stupid enough to PAY a site operator to post. Protip: The internet exists at work also. That may come as a shock to you, being locked in to your SomethingLAWLful forum. You really need to get out more.

(P.S. The internet is also available on a new-fangled invention called a 'smartphone'.)

Anonymous

July 25, 2011, 03:38:10 PM

Something Awful appears to be quite negative about bitcoins to a point I don't feel is accurate, but their comments about these forums themselves often ring true. TraderTimm, your reply to jeffk was more painful to read and insipid than anything I saw glancing over at those forums.
TraderTimm
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 06:56:29 PM

Something Awful appears to be quite negative about bitcoins to a point I don't feel is accurate, but their comments about these forums themselves often ring true. TraderTimm, your reply to jeffk was more painful to read and insipid than anything I saw glancing over at those forums.

Truth often hurts, my forum friend.

I'm glad their forum exists though, it is a nice honeypot for those that think precisely like you. Better that than having all that buffoonery saturating every corner of the internet. I'd call that a fair trade.

Anonymous

July 25, 2011, 09:22:34 PM

Truth often hurts, my forum friend.

I'm glad their forum exists though, it is a nice honeypot for those that think precisely like you. Better that than having all that buffoonery saturating every corner of the internet. I'd call that a fair trade.

Pardon me? Is that second part referring to me?
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 10:02:52 PM

I just got my shirts in the mail (thanks Gabriel!) and they're AWESOME!!!  Very high quality heavy cotton construction and they feel comfy. If anybody is on the fence about picking up a shirt or three from SquareWear, I'd say DO EET!  Not only will you get a pretty kickass shirt, you'll also help stimulate the Bitcoin economy.

Wish I actually had a 6990 FML
Well, hello there.  Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: