Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 ASIC hashing 220KH CryptoNight on 550w!!  (Read 723 times)
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:13:10 AM

Everybody just buy 12k worth of btc @ 5-6k instead of this gamble. By late may/june youd be better off then buying 1 of these. Saves power too. All you have to do is hold. Yes its not as exciting as mining or waiting for a kickass miner but gambling is exciting too, until you lose.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:16:13 AM

A total waste of money. It's way more risky than gambling. Monero is gonna fork. You will spend 12k to have a not so nice looking stop for your door.

I somewhat agree. The risks on this ASIC are far too much. With that price tag, its almost as if they don't want you to reach ROI.
I feel like bitmain has gotten overly confident with selling ASICS, probably because there are some people that will still buy those ASICs.. For what reason i do not know  Huh

It's not a question of risks... You'd have to be completely retarded to buy a CN ASIC as they're being transformed into paperweights by the upcoming monero algo fork.

But i've read some people argue that there are simple workarounds that can be made to overcome whatever the monero team does?
It seems the argument was that cryptonight, by nature, is no longer ASIC-proof now that they've found a way to do it.

Those people are 100% wrong. You can't reprogram an ASIC.

If an ASIC is built to answer 2+2=4, it is unable to answer 2+3=5.

Nothing is ASIC proof, only ASIC resistant. And Monero is resisting in a big way by changing the algorithm and making these ASICs completely worthless/useless.
invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:35:41 AM

A total waste of money. It's way more risky than gambling. Monero is gonna fork. You will spend 12k to have a not so nice looking stop for your door.

I somewhat agree. The risks on this ASIC are far too much. With that price tag, its almost as if they don't want you to reach ROI.
I feel like bitmain has gotten overly confident with selling ASICS, probably because there are some people that will still buy those ASICs.. For what reason i do not know  Huh

It's not a question of risks... You'd have to be completely retarded to buy a CN ASIC as they're being transformed into paperweights by the upcoming monero algo fork.

But i've read some people argue that there are simple workarounds that can be made to overcome whatever the monero team does?
It seems the argument was that cryptonight, by nature, is no longer ASIC-proof now that they've found a way to do it.

Those people are 100% wrong. You can't reprogram an ASIC.

If an ASIC is built to answer 2+2=4, it is unable to answer 2+3=5.

Nothing is ASIC proof, only ASIC resistant. And Monero is resisting in a big way by changing the algorithm and making these ASICs completely worthless/useless.

if they could change also

the D3 machines would all be running new firmware

but its IMPOSSIBLE 
RealKariverson

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:45:00 AM

This deems the end of individual household mining. Bitmain finally killed it. Cryptonight is going to be useless to mine now with GPUs and everyone is going to switch to EthHash making it useless too.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:46:08 AM

yeap, that is happening again with another algo, which ASICs are going to destroy!
damn bitmain, I hope they will suffer someday, cause all miner will be very well  aware that those ASICs never paid off.
and so they will stop order this piece of crap any more..
noctrex

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:58:49 PM

That's why Monero, and the other coins using CryptoNight, are already implementing changes to the algo, so that these ASIC's will be essentially useless.

Official Announcement: https://getmonero.org/2018/02/11/PoW-change-and-key-reuse.html

Countdown: http://xmr.noctism.com
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:13:47 PM

I do not recommend spending such money on the purchase of Antminer X3. First $ 12,000 is too much to throw away. Secondly, the connection to the operation of such asics will significantly increase the complexity of the network. You'll never get that money back. In addition, it can cause the death of many coins. Perhaps they will begin to apply protection from asics.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
JacobHarding1978

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:15:32 AM

Holy flop!!

Well botmain is apprently sold out of the batches. Yeah right either people are stupid or bitmain just realised they made a bad investment.

I bought my first miner...yep the a3. And i think i made a mistake.

I wont make it again.

Lets wait and see if they 'reopen' the sales again
Goool

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:21:13 AM

I do not recommend spending such money on the purchase of Antminer X3. First $ 12,000 is too much to throw away. Secondly, the connection to the operation of such asics will significantly increase the complexity of the network. You'll never get that money back. In addition, it can cause the death of many coins. Perhaps they will begin to apply protection from asics.

Better buy a car repair it and re-sell it with this amount of money .....
$2000 yes i can pay but more than this NO NO you should be crazy paying for ASICS more
comby
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:59:34 PM

Anyone knows if bitmain will put the price of 11999 USD on the batch 1 instead of 3000 USD (what is the real price now, cause they payout the difference) ?

That would be a huge difference due to customs / tax
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:31:02 PM

Anyone knows if bitmain will put the price of 11999 USD on the batch 1 instead of 3000 USD (what is the real price now, cause they payout the difference) ?

That would be a huge difference due to customs / tax

Shipping is a long time away for x3 so they will put 3k on import declaration form. Yes 12k in import taxes is massive compared to 3k. Thats why its cheaper sometimes to buy from a reseller liks eastshore.xyz as anything they deliver wont incur taxes at all or barely.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: