Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pandora's Bitcoin Junction (Shareholders wanted)  (Read 10489 times)
PBJ (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 03:25:27 AM

That would be if you were counting just mining. As I have stated before. This is not just mining. That will be more of a side note. Second note is that you must realize the price in which I have paid for such a rig. All I can say is you would not imagine how cheap!

With the shares that have sold. We can almost afford the second rig. For the 109btc you would be talking about. Would equate to 2.26 more rigs. But would also allow me to finish the contract with the provider of the prepaid services. Which would yield quite a good ROI.

So the ROI in which you talk about will not be the actual amount we will produce.

As for the actual math behind it. Yes you seem to be correct. I hope you realize what you wont see in the beginning will be reinvested into more ventures. Allowing us to grow and continue growing.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malagant1979

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 03:22:27 PM

I like the ideas beyond mining. The prepaid stuff sounds like it could be very lucrative :O)
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 05:23:35 AM

That is just the beginning!

Grin
dustintrammell
VIP

Activity: 156
Merit: 103

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 06:56:31 AM

Especially since I have found a way to build these rigs for quite a cheap price. I have been talking to distributors all across the globe to get the best prices. Since finding the best prices will never be found in a retail environment. I decided to make a few phone calls. Now the same rigs people are spending $1200+ we will be spending $600 or less.

There are also plans to expand into many other markets. Like setting up a proper 2048 bit openvpn service. Another is web hosting/VPS services. Along with selling hardware. Not just video cards.

Prepaid cell phones, herbal supplements(from reputable companies), toys for kids, dev kits, and so much more. 

Another will be for voip service. Which will take a little while to set up with pstn lines around the globe.

Possibly start another mining pool as well. Not sure on that one though as there are many out there in the wild now.

Seems like your plans are all over the place.  If you intend to court investors, providing a clear business plan and prospectus would be nice.

Dustin D. Trammell
Twitter: @druidian
PGP: E0DC F55C 9386 1691 A67F FB18 F6D9 5E52 FDA6 6E16
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 04:57:42 AM

@dustintrammell

I am not sure if you have read this entire thread and all of my posts.

Some are direct plans. The mining and renting, selling hardware.

Then their is the prepaid sector. That is already in the works. just needs to be finalized.

VPN, and VPS will not be too hard to do. Just hard to find a proper provider.

The sector with the goods will be the near future. Not quite yet.

VOIP was already stated to be a future plan.

Then their is also the fact that I have 2 family members that are working as employees for free. Until the business hits off and can pay them a salary.

So they are not really all over the place. Just trying to get few things done at the beginning.

Please read the entire thread. it may answer a lot of your questions.

I may not be able to answer the thread much the next day or two.

I will be busy getting things done.

Thank you
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2011, 05:31:21 AM

I have contacted PBJ, and infomred him that he must fill in his companies details on http://companies.herokuapp.com by Friday ir PBJ and all it's shares and assets will be frozen and PBJ will be delisted from GLBSE.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 05:47:41 AM

Apparently I have missed the email I have contacted you back.

I guess I just missed it. I am heading to bed right this moment.

I will be filling it out in the morning.

Sorry about that. I have been a bit busy.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 03:07:00 PM

The page has been updated.

http://companies.herokuapp.com/company/8

I am sorry I have not been around the past 2 days.

I was at a seminar for start-ups.

I learned quite a bit from it.

I also put the first rig together this morning. Since we only have one rig right now. I will let it mine for 1 month. Then distribute the Bitcoins it has mined via GLBSE.

Unless you all want me to reinvest it into the business this month. I will hold a motion for this if it is brought up again in this thread.(48 hours before the release of the dividends would happen)

I have been contacted by a couple of web developers the past 2 days as well. Some of you have given me links to a few as well in PM's.

I will be looking through the portfolios today and through the weekend.

I will more than likely hold an interview with each of you. This way I can find out who has the passion behind them as well as the knowledge!

Thank you.
rannici

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:18:53 PM

wow. this sounds like a huge....
scam at the worst, terrible TERRIBLE TERRIBLE investment at best.

as a web developer and dabbler in IT,
and current operator of 4 GH/s of mining rigs,
i feel i'm as knowledgeable as anyone to contribute to this discussion.

first of all,
every one of your posts is hopelessly optimistic and too quick to refute any negative claim,
or conversely respond with thanks to any positive encouragement.
that sends an immediate red flag to me.

second, bitcoin mining rigs CANNOT simultaneously host websites and offer VPN services and the like.
your computers' resources will be strained as it is, especially if you're overclocking and trying to squeeze the best performance out of your videocards.

... so are you suggesting that shareholders will earn a return of the entire companies profits?
so let's just call it what it is, as your mining rigs will probably not turn as much of a profit as you expect.
investors would primarily first and foremost be helping to fund the development of a web hosting / vpn offering services firm,
that is admittedly going to have help by his family (which also seems a little sketchy, unprofessional, to me. especially since you cited your family as 'cheap labor'),
and which are a dime-a-dozen at the moment. what sets you apart? your lucrative NDA contracts with suppliers and such? please. sounds ridiculous.

my concern is that, you're loosely tying this to bitcoin mining, to help raise capital to reduce the risk of starting your company with your family.
and i say 'loosely' in the worst sense of the word.
you are posting this to the "Newbies" forum, preying on people who are also new to the bitcoin concept.
you lack a concise business contract and business plan. and...
let's be honest, since your company is only loosely based on bitcoin mining,
when you inevitably (or perhaps this is your plan all along) determine that to be unprofitable or not worth it,
since you were only 'loosely' tied to this makeshift btc run stock exchange,
you will be inclined to 'take the money and run' so to speak.
... and since the shares are so low in value anyway, no one will bother to sue you for recompensation.
... not that a lawsuit like that would probably even stand any merit anyways, considering it is bitcoin after all.

whatever, it's just a typical grift.

obvious troll, is obvious. stop donating money to him. jesus.

...also, it would not surprise me if the poster is 14, operating all this as a scam, cleverly choosing the ticker PBJ because it coincides with peanut butter and jelly,
(thus further adding insult to the fact that none of your 'investments' will never be returned).
hell, i did worse when i was 14. and who names their kid pandora? maybe you enjoyed Avatar just a little too much. give me a break.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:28:48 PM

What would you recommend investing in instead?

first of all,
every one of your posts is hopelessly optimistic and too quick to refute any negative claim,

second, bitcoin mining rigs CANNOT simultaneously host websites and offer VPN services and the like.
your computers' resources will be strained as it is, especially if you're overclocking and trying to squeeze the best performance out of your videocards.

... so are you suggesting that shareholders will earn a return of the entire companies profits?
so let's just call it what it is, as your mining rigs will probably not turn as much of a profit as you expect.
investors would primarily first and foremost be helping to fund the development of a web hosting / vpn offering services firm,
that is admittedly going to have help by his family (which also seems a little sketchy, unprofessional, to me. especially since you cited your family as 'cheap labor'),
and which are a dime-a-dozen at the moment. what sets you apart? your lucrative NDA contracts with suppliers and such? please. sounds ridiculous.

my concern is that, you're loosely tying this to bitcoin mining, to help raise capital to reduce the risk of starting your company with your family.
you are posting this to the "Newbies" forum, preying on people who are also new to the bitcoin concept.
when you inevitably (or perhaps this is your plan all along) determine that to be unprofitable or not worth it,
... and since the shares are so low in value anyway, no one will bother to sue you for recompensation.
... not that a lawsuit like that would probably even stand any merit anyways, considering it is bitcoin after all.

...also, it would not surprise me if the poster is 14, operating all this as a scam, cleverly choosing the ticker PBJ because it coincides with peanut butter and jelly,
(thus further adding insult to the fact that none of your 'investments' will never be returned).
hell, i did worse when i was 14. and who names their kid pandora? maybe you enjoyed Avatar just a little too much. give me a break.
rannici

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 04:48:36 PM

i would recommend not 'investing' as the legitimacy of the entire GLBSE is still questionable as it is still in its infancy and labeled as "beta" in the top right corner of the screen.

but especially don't invest in this.

if you absolutely must invest in something.
try getting a thinkorswim account, and invest in actual stocks.
chipotle (CMG) has been good to me over the past year.

if you want to be safer try ETFs. especially the SPY, which directly follows the fortune 500.

if you want to be safer, just dump all your money into ally bank, and get a 1.8% ish yearly return.

anything is smarter than just giving your money away to this hooligan.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:13:30 PM

First thing I would like to point out to you. Mining is NOT the base of this company.
Second thing is that I do not plan on hosting services from a rig. This is just a silly concept. I do not even know how you came to conclude this.
Third is the fact we will also be in retail and many other areas of the market. We do not plan on just mining or just services or just retail etc. The point is to expand and constantly grow.
Yes my family is involved. In minor ways. Those small things they help with will give me the little bits of free time I need to get projects done. Also I do not speak Mandarin yet my wife does. So she can help field phone calls. I call it cheap labor. As they do not want to be paid. They just want to be there for me.
What sets me apart is my passion. My knowledge. My ability to grow. The fact that I not close minded.
Th reason this is in the newbies section has been answered a few posts back. It is mainly the fact that I started in the newbies section and locked here. The original investors came to notice recognize this as the place to come for more information.
Yes I still need to work on the contract a bit and the business plan. Then again GLBSE still needs a little bit more work as well. I plan on working it out over a little bit of time. I am not ashamed nor worried about the fact that these need work. I know and understand this.

My age is 30 if that really matters.

PBJ has a different meaning to me. I chose it for the initials of my child, my wife, and bitcoins. The three things I love.

As for the comment about my daughters name! You have NO right to say what I can name my child. My child is over 3 years old. She is before the current scheme of naming everything Pandora. This I take as a personal insult.

Do you even know the story behind Pandora?

As for the reasons I say thank you at the bottom of my posts. One reason is not to be rude. Second reason is I am thanking people for taking the time out of their lives to come and read a post. As people do not need to be here nor do they need to read my thread/posts.

As for calling me a troll.

It appears as if you are the troll. Trying to get me angry. Trying to bash the business. Trying to make yourself look bigger than you really are.

Thank you.  

first of all,

PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:14:40 PM

As for calling me names and the such. I feel required to report this to the mods of the forum.

This is not tolerable!

i would recommend not 'investing' as the legitimacy of the entire GLBSE is still questionable as it is still in its infancy and labeled as "beta" in the top right corner of the screen.

but especially don't invest in this.

if you absolutely must invest in something.
try getting a thinkorswim account, and invest in actual stocks.
chipotle (CMG) has been good to me over the past year.

if you want to be safer try ETFs. especially the SPY, which directly follows the fortune 500.

if you want to be safer, just dump all your money into ally bank, and get a 1.8% ish yearly return.

anything is smarter than just giving your money away to this hooligan.
rannici

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:20:38 PM

i really doubt mods are going to ban me for calling you a 'hooligan' or insinuating that you are a 14 year old troll.

i apologize for the cheap shot of your daughter's name, as it has become clear to me that english is not your first language,
nor do you probably live in the same country as me.

nevertheless, your overly defensive nature does nothing but prove my point.
this is a sham if i've ever seen one, and i'm entitled to have and share that opinion.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:27:53 PM

I actually never said ban you. I just mentioned reporting you.

As for being defensive. I am sorry that comes with the territory of insulting my family, the business, and myself.

Do you really think I would just let you sit there and attempt to destroy what I have been working 80+ hours a week on? Something I have dedicated myself to?

When you kick someone expect them to kick back!
rannici

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 05:47:43 PM

80+ hours a week, with a wife and child to take care of?
..and still no website to speak of?
bwahaha. yeah right. this is too easy.

my talents are required elsewhere.
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 06:08:10 PM

Yes 80+ hours a week with a family. Yes no website. I am not a web developer. This is why I am looking to hire one.
If you wonder what I do. I handle the contracts, I handle pretty much all the paper work. As I figure the rest of the family should not have access to it. I handle coordinating meetings with contractors and distributors. I also go to seminars and a few shows. Plus quite a bit more.

I am sorry I am not a superb web developer. I am sorry that their is a lot more to do with a business than just running a website. I am sorry I try to find the best distributors for the money.

I hope you do realize there is a lot more to operating and running a business than set and forget. A lot more than just a website.

Thank you.

To all shareholders.

Once I am done with here. I can continue with the search for a web developer.

I am sorry I lost my composure here. This is not normally me. Nor would I normally let someone get under my skin this much. I am truly sorry for this.

I just can not sit by while someone bashes the business let alone making it personal.

Thank you all as well.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:26:01 PM

i really doubt mods are going to ban me for calling you a 'hooligan' or insinuating that you are a 14 year old troll.

i apologize for the cheap shot of your daughter's name, as it has become clear to me that english is not your first language,
nor do you probably live in the same country as me.

nevertheless, your overly defensive nature does nothing but prove my point.
this is a sham if i've ever seen one, and i'm entitled to have and share that opinion.

No, but it's uncalled for. So do it again and you will be.
-FaerO-

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 11:18:20 PM

80+ hours a week, with a wife and child to take care of?
..and still no website to speak of?
bwahaha. yeah right. this is too easy.

my talents are required elsewhere.

Just let this go PBJ. Its obvious who the troll here is. He's just gotten out of his noob status with this thread alone -_- You've got my support. I have full faith in your sincerity & can sense your determination to make your dream a reality. 10 more btc coming your way in return for shares. I intend to become a big part of this operation. So, don't even continue to entertain this clown anymore... Best of wishes to you and your family PBJ. I can tell the future holds great things for all of us Smiley

-FaerO-

ישראל לנצה... לחים
PBJ (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 05:25:09 AM

I will not let it derail me anymore.

Thank you for your support.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: