Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:48:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the era of speculation gone?  (Read 203 times)
cocal (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:02:00 AM

I think that in the future, blockchain entrepreneurs will have less and less financing, the valuation will gradually return to rationality, and the team's performance may appear to be gambling terms with investors to ensure the project's confidence. Projects will be polarized, excellent projects will get better and better, air-to-air or me too projects with no core competitiveness will die, and the bubble will start to burst. I think this is a good thing, indicating that the blockchain is gradually becoming normalized. Please share your ideas,thank you.
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2107

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:09:33 AM

Oh definitely. And it's going to be much more brutal than anyone can imagine so far, because...

excellent projects will get better and better

...these are close to non-existent...

air-to-air or me too projects with no core competitiveness will die

...while these make up the vast majority of the market. Coins and tokens in the top 10 market cap included.

To be honest, I think the only blockchain projects that are going to survive long term are the decentralized ones driven by community efforts such as Bitcoin and some of the mineable / stakeable alts. Companies serving these communities are likely to do well as well (eg. Coinbase, BitPay, etc.)

Every other startup-based cryptocurrency / token project is likely to either crash and burn or to pivot, given that their scopes are usually beyond feasibility, their use case of questionable utility and often both.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:15:24 PM

One would hope so, but the cynic in me doesn't see it happening.  "Rationality" isn't exactly something speculators are renowned for.  Just look at how stock markets reacted not that long ago to a bunch of no-name companies simply changing their name to include the word "blockchain".  Or how banks and hedge funds happily trade derivatives in things where the underlying asset is just toxic, repackaged debt.  I, sadly, believe there will always be a market to pump and dump worthless crap, although I genuinely wish that wasn't so.

These things don't necessarily have to survive long-term, because the supply will always be replenished with more worthless crapcoins and ICOs.  If it's still a profitable game for some, people will continue to play. 

Again, I hope I'm wrong about this.  The world would indeed be a better place if the OP is proven to be correct.
palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:28:56 PM

OP has stated the obvious about the future of blockchain but I'm a bit skeptical about the rationality angle of it. For instance, at the present time, we can not marry rationality and speculation. Speculation itself is subject. The market always proves that when it does a surprise that is contrary to speculation.
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:33:35 PM

Yes, for now, people gradually come to their senses, then blockchain industry and Cryptocurrency market bubble will be smaller and smaller, but valuable tokens, then they will still have sharply increases.

sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:37:13 PM

One thing is for certain and that's the scenario you speak of is going to happen at one point in time. I think we aren't quite at that stage yet but let's wait and see. The dotcom bubble is evidence enough that this will happen.

As much as I do hold some of these more hyped coins I think it will be good overall if the market heads in that direction, provided that money flows from bad projects to good ones instead of away from crypto.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 718

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:41:43 PM

No, the era of speculation is still there and according to me it will be there forever. How ? Because there are people who actively trade cryptocurrencies on a daily basis. It is quite obvious that the non-potential ICOs and projects will die becuase of being dormant. In my opinion, crypto has still a long way ahead and large obstacles to face. The final destination is when crypto will be accepted worldwide and it will happen only when people stick to their holdings and whales/big player don't play any politics and manipulate the price of cryptocurrencies. Until these things are settled, crypto will have to bare the bear market.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
CryptoCZe

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:43:40 PM

I believe that our time is a time of active development, decentralization and blocking, so we have great opportunities. If you buy a few different promising altcoys now, in 3-4 years you will have a lot of profit
EveryThingIsOkaY

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:55:16 PM

If this burst bubble will leave good coins behind, i think, let it happen.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:19:48 PM

you can hope for better days but that doesn't mean they will come.
the altcoin market will remain the small side product like penny stocks which nobody will take seriously and most of it is because of all the useless projects and all the copy pasting of the code that they are doing,

if a good project exists i assure you that it won't remain hidden and it won't require hype to go up. it will gain popularity and it will grow on its own. whenever you see some project is advertised to death, it means it has nothing to offer so it has to succumb to these cheap tactics.

There is a FOMO brewing...
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:51:56 PM

I think that in the future, blockchain entrepreneurs will have less and less financing, the valuation will gradually return to rationality, and the team's performance may appear to be gambling terms with investors to ensure the project's confidence. Projects will be polarized, excellent projects will get better and better, air-to-air or me too projects with no core competitiveness will die, and the bubble will start to burst. I think this is a good thing, indicating that the blockchain is gradually becoming normalized. Please share your ideas,thank you.

I believe so too because looking at how things have been going on here in the crypto world, I can say that a lot has really changed from what the ICOs back then were, what concepts they use, how they advertise, manage their ICOs and so much more. Clearly, it is only a matter of time before we reach the new era of the crypto world. I just hope that it wouldn't be as brutal as I am imagining it to be and become the opposite instead or at least not be as hard to adapt in. Oh well, whatever happens, happens. I hope Good luck wishes are enough for us all.
rockie87

Activity: 163
Merit: 1

ICOForums.net - A Cryptocurrency & ICO Forum

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:52:56 PM

I think you are right with slight correction.The financing point of your's is absolutely right but don't you think bringing rationality in funding makes one coin stronger and it is an open invitation to whales and big investors to invest big in one coin as everybody has faith in it and which makes that coin eventually into bubble which they can burst anytime.See my point is in one way you are correct but you have to think about the repercussion of this action too.

_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣___▁
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
 ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  www.icoforums.net  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅
pleght

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:07:13 PM

I do not think the speculative period has passed yet.I also do not think speculation will end in this market.There is a market that can be overwhelmed by every news.Because there are too many unconscious investors.

Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:33:39 PM

Yes, for now, people gradually come to their senses, then blockchain industry and Cryptocurrency market bubble will be smaller and smaller, but valuable tokens, then they will still have sharply increases.
I agree people have come to their senses but what I would like to see is positive speculation not just FUD which makes some cryptocurrencies so hyped and end up being categorized to be speculative coins which make investors and financial regulators not to be in support of such coins.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:38:03 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 07:17:41 PM by Rozita

No, Speculations are still determining the prices. This market is affected by any news and people have to follow the speculations to earn money. But sometimes whales manipulate the market and cause something else and it is same as before.
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 09:47:45 PM

Speculations on cryptocurrency will never stop. The more people understand crypto currency, the less volatile it will be, but speculation will not go away.  Especially on coins of new projects.
ambisyon

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:44:08 PM

I don't think people will stop on speculating about the future price of a certain cryptocurrency such as bitcoin for example wherein the people who had been buying coins were really hoping that there will be a future on their investments that is why they tend to speculate or just being optimistic on that matter.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
Whibu

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:06:44 AM

Much of what we expect and now many hope that bubbles will soon happen to raise prices higher that could make many people happy and earn huge profits.
Bervelukan

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:25:24 AM

The bubble of rises I have been waiting for a long time to sell the coin and get the benefits of the bubble, and hope it will soon happen.
J-N

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:36:50 AM

I think some "whales" just play the game on the crypto-exchange markets. These rich investors slowly buy a huge amount of all high-capitalized crypto-currencies and sell these coins in one day. Probably, they use the trading signals from the one source.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: