Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:50:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New coin are scam nowadays  (Read 3890 times)
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:57:39 AM

In the midst of scam accusations as regard new coin in the cryptocurrency space, we still have many legit coin that are valuable and have good prospect and potential for growth. You should not be distracted but be diligent enough to get these coin. It will make a lots of difference in this space if we all support legit project!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:18:02 AM

Is this a general statement? Generally, I do not believe that new coin are scam.  There are new coin that may be weak because the ICO did not reach softcap and tokens burn out.  There are few new coin that are scam and this we can easily spot because they do not follow the AML and KYC procedures. The risk of investment is usually higher for ICOs that do not follow their roadmap as described in the whitepaper.
AndrewBoltz

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:22:53 AM

Has anyone looked into this website? https://www.menlo.one/#/   The project has a nice concept, and they have incentive just by being around on their site.
timoshani

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

https://imgur.com/1d0UcY0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 05:34:29 AM

Hello, I am new in this forum but not new in cryptocurrencies,  I started trading cryptocurrency in 2016 and my first cryptocurrency I bought that time is vergecurrency and other penny coin. And I returned my money in bundle because they have good tech and very good team..So early this year I noticed that a lot of coin is now scam and failed promises. So please if you want to buy any coin don't go to coinmarketcap only because coinmarketcap can list any coin without verifying it well, just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin...
Piece of good advice! But even except communication in a chat of the telegram's channel it is necessary to pay attention to activity of social groups of the project. It is also possible to check and bounty campaign if ISO provide such. But in general the quantity of a scam has grown in comparison with previous years. The reason is banal - the majority of altcoins have under themselves no idea which is expedient for realizing. Also desire of quickly earnings has strongly struck the authority of a cryptocurrencies. We see it in falling of the price of coins.

L.Wolf

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:52:42 AM

I agree for some but most of the new projects are just weak and not really in for the cryptoworld, ending up as shit coins.  Undecided Undecided Undecided
ardydyon

Activity: 547
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:58:37 AM

Hello, I am new in this forum but not new in cryptocurrencies,  I started trading cryptocurrency in 2016 and my first cryptocurrency I bought that time is vergecurrency and other penny coin. And I returned my money in bundle because they have good tech and very good team..So early this year I noticed that a lot of coin is now scam and failed promises. So please if you want to buy any coin don't go to coinmarketcap only because coinmarketcap can list any coin without verifying it well, just go to their telegram group and ask questions I think this can help you stay away from scam coin...

Yappp, there are many coins that are born to deceive people. People make it for phishing purposes and do not know to develop their project.
I have checked the ICO project very carefully and never found a fake project. and sometimes I also see coinmarketcap whether the coin is already registered or not, if there is not registered I will not try to buy it in ico.

qwertyuiop0987654321

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:59:07 AM

There are many coins that comes to crypto world now. But not all coins are valuable. Most of the coins were shitcoins. Especially, those that are from airdrops. Coins has no value.
karramov

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:02:20 AM

Now a large number of the moment and it is necessary to check each. if you want to invest in it. I'm sure the company Eloncity and therefore I will long to hold coins
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:05:14 AM

I do not understand your definition of a scam project. you think because the price of the coin you are holding is not pumping up as you were thinking which make them a scam project. secondly I do not think you understand what coinmarkepcap do. coinmarketcap is an online crypto market capitalization listing site. they rate crypto based on the volume traded daily. crypto generally are facing alot of challenge especially since the beginning of this year and that is the reason it is becoming tough and tough for even ICO to be successful talkless of already existing project.
mikyadel

Activity: 448

Arabic Translator

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:08:12 AM

well said mate . Today like 1 of 10 projects is legit and rest are SCAMS . personally,i no longer invest in any new coin unless its team proved they are worthy and at least has been on the market for over a year.otherwise,i won't invest a dollar.

Enyi001

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 06:11:31 AM

That's not true. That assumption that new coins are scam nowadays is a total fallacy. If it were to be "some coins are scam nowadays" it would have been much better. Better projects are oozing into the cryptocurrency space daily but mixed with some projects that are bad. For the fact that we have some that are just bad doesn't mean new coins are scam. Better projects are in existence as new as we speak.
peninglalat

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:13:13 AM

not all token are scam.. some of them might failed to delivered the promise on time. so used telegram or not to find out they are legit or not are good. but you might to research more on the team and what they offer can be last long time or not.
Hopeliza

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:16:52 AM

I think some are scams but I can say there was still a lot of coins that was really legit and trustworthy. You just have to look and find for it at your own risk.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
bastiankey03

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 06:17:36 AM

i think it's isn't scam. just failed ico or the price got dumped by bounty hunter in early ico. it's not like they failed on purpose
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:19:07 AM

No doubt the reality of the matter is that very nearly 95% of the new coins are duplicated coins. That is the reason while picking another coin to invest you have to give careful consideration to a lot of viewpoints including white paper, Road-map, the genuine Team behind it. It will limit the danger of investing in new Altcoins.
JustQueen

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:20:05 AM

Not at all I think. Because there's a lot of coins that still exist in this forum that are true and legit coins. Maybe you are just unlucky for knowing that coins that are new nowadays are scams.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:21:14 AM

I agree with you, once coinmarketcap waw a good point of start for discover new promising coins.. now it's better to search discussions and read on forums about the projects

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
andrew4

Activity: 176
Merit: 20

Knowledge is power

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:23:02 AM

There are many projects at play right now, maybe too many. They are not all scams however, many are made by inexperienced teams with good intentions that eventually fail. As for the CoinMarketCap listing, it requires a 24h trading volume of 100.000$, so many pump and dump coins get listed there.

ZEL platform: Zelcash (ASIC resistant POW), Zelcore wallet, Nodes, DEX, DAPPS
https://zel.cash/ - https://twitter.com/Zelcash - https://discord.gg/rB9pr4M
meldrio1

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:23:39 AM

Not all, but mostly there are many scam coin nowadays scammers want to get rich quickly, I just remember the bitconnect this scam altcoin was mooning after that it was huge down many bitconnect holders disappointed some of them risk their life savings to double their money so let's be careful what we invest.

DemonHunter83

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:26:20 AM

not all new coins are scam, there still a lot of real project that distribute their coin project but maybe the chance now 50 50

Agree, not all new coins are scam. Maybe some of them are made to deceive people so you need to be extra careful  and half of them are real coins but tends to be a scam because the project didnt meet their expectations so that some coins that they will distribute has no value nor exchanger. Its ok to visit their telegram community then find it on your own, try to investigate their team and their project before deciding to join and to invest in that particular project.
I agree, it's not just the scams. ICO is used not only by scammers. They also launder money. So because of the popularity, many people are looking for funding here is not associated with cryptocurrency and after the end of the fundraising their coin is released on the market without further support. You just have to be selective and careful in choosing a project in which you will invest money or time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: