Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:51:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN bounce back to $20k in 2018?  (Read 481 times)
Ralphson (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:45:21 PM

During the latter part of 2017,I advised a friend to invest inBTC.He adhered to it and bought some good amount..He then proceeded to buy more when it hit the range 18k-20k..He is now upset due to how market is reacting...Anybody here to give an expect advice?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:12:29 PM

Investments aren't a guarantee. If he can't handle the market swings, he should probably just cut his losses and get out. If he has a small amount of patience, however, he should eventually gain his capital back and then some.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:19:24 PM

During the latter part of 2017,I advised a friend to invest inBTC.He adhered to it and bought some good amount..He then proceeded to buy more when it hit the range 18k-20k..He is now upset due to how market is reacting...Anybody here to give an expect advice?
i think  bitcoin will bounce back but no guarantee it will again 18-20k.
the problem is why your friend is upset is your wrong in advice maybe you didn't mention what risk investing in bitcoin.
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:22:39 PM

The price of bitcoins will get back to $ 20000 USD,  in December 2017 the prices have reached up to $ 20000 but the price has come down to $7800 for market correction from the next quarter the price of bitcoins will start to rise and there are chance for the prices to have a huge leap and reach $ 20000 then there will a slight dip in the market followed by another leap and the bitcoin prices may rally upto $ 40000 to $ 50000 USD which will definitely make the investors millionaire's or even multi millionaires.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:26:40 PM

He did not make any mistake when he bought at 18-20k rates because bitcoin always seems to be very good thing when we look at it. And it does have the best qualities to be a good investment opportunity. However he is in great emotional distress now and why wouldn't anyone be when they have gone badly in the negative line in their investment. The time has come when they should keep patience though it is going to be hardest part ever. If they don't keep patience and sell then it's nothing but zero investment all the way from 20k. You can give moral support to him that as you are already in loss then there is no use of selling the bitcoin at such low point. They better make a choice and stay stable about it.

We know nothing about the prices and its future. We can just expect that it will bounce back. :-)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:30:08 PM

Investments aren't a guarantee. If he can't handle the market swings, he should probably just cut his losses and get out. If he has a small amount of patience, however, he should eventually gain his capital back and then some.
this one is right.in crypto investment PATIENCE IS THE KEY,that's why if you're just gor here to make easy profit.i might advice you better get out here and find job,this community can make you rich,but this can kill you're family too,if you are careless in making decision here..for his friend since hes in losing,better wait for months since today is really a hard day
tosindesign

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:32:04 PM

bitcoin will still bounce back to 20k plus, the bull has been on the market for more than 3 month. this is the time for the bears to take over the market . the bulls still is by the corner ready to come to the market any moment from now. what you need right now is patient. every business/career needs patient
TerranceBug

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:41:36 PM

I believe bitcoin is overpriced and there is a small chance that it will bounce back to 20k.
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:46:58 PM

I believe bitcoin will be recover and it will surpass our expectation because if base on what happen last year bitcoin value hit the 5 digit before the end of the year I hope bitcoin will repeat the history.
SyrulRamadhan

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:51:49 PM

the price is very high when late last year and now it drops down in I think this is normal because seeing the previous years prices at the beginning of the year always go down, prices will be high in mid year and at the end of the year. For the price reaches 18-20k $ I think it is not impossible many people predict this year the price will be 2x from last year's high price. I pray that it can happen
anigoweb

Activity: 364
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:55:30 PM

There will be no sharp takeoff. News from Google (plans to ban the advertising of crypto-currency and ICO) The same is done by facebook, twitter.
Do you think it will grow?
Not
unknown-user

Activity: 445

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:57:33 PM

It is really hard to tell right now since currently, the market value of Bitcoin is continuously falling. Hopefully it will be able to recover soon. Predictions are hard to make especially now that the market is so volatile. But since the msrket value of Bitcoin is low, we should tke this opportunity to invest on it. Because once the rally or increase started, profit will be earned from investing at this moment.

jimbo2000

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:59:01 PM

Your friend needs to consider what the investment means to him and what his goal is. It's likely he won't see a profit in 2018, possibly never. On the other hand many (myself included) would argue that if he holds his coins then at some point in the future (maybe not for 5 years) he will have a handsome return on investment.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
moetimas

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:01:04 PM

that's the reason why I never suggested anyone here to invest in cryptocurrency, especially bitcoin. it is true, bitcoin has created many benefits for many people, but must remain vigilant, because bitcoin from the past until now the price is not always up, there will be several times the correction or a sudden drop in prices. remember, no one knows when bitcoin prices will rise again, everything is just a prediction. maybe by surviving the next few months, the price will be normal again and give your friend a profit.
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 03:01:21 PM

Your friend should understand that with NO INVESTMENT WHATSOEVER (be it fiat, stocks, futures, forex or Bitcoin) there is a guarantee for profit.

If there was, life would be too easy.

However, you can point to the fact that all major crypto experts are ready to bet that BTC will recover and even go beyond 20K.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:01:43 PM

you should never advise others to invest in bitcoin. it will never end well for either of you because thanks to bitcoin's volatility the price is quite wild and the people who invest in it to get rich don't understand a thing about bitcoin and they will blame you for not being rich overnight.

introducing bitcoin as a decentralized currency to others however is a very different matter. that is what you should always do. that way you won't make them into greedy wanna-be-rich-overnight idiots and they won't be blaming you for the price either.

to answer your title's question, the price may still surprise you. i don't think this year's bear market is going to last as long as previous bear markets.

There is a FOMO brewing...
DesmondHayes

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:03:15 PM

Everyone will give you the same advice - To Hodl! When this friend of yours invested he should have been acquainted with the possible risk that is connected with the investment. The long-term profit that he is probably expecting is actually that.

This profit cannot be gained within a few months with the investment into the Bitcoin. I also hope for the growth but that won't is realized so soon.

Patience is what your friend must have if he doesn't want to get out with a loss. Reinvesting his Bitcoin in another altcoin would be the big mistake so if he is thinking about it talk to him and prove to him the opposite.

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:05:01 PM

Investments aren't a guarantee.

No and it's called "Gambling" but the game is becoming rigged with high transaction fees and the Lightning Network
that is really nothing more than a network of banks so I advise you to read the terms and conditions in the white paper
and concentrate on the areas where the word "Fee" is used https://lightning.network/lightning-network-paper.pdf

I count 45 times myself, what do you make it ?

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Derek86

Activity: 75

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:05:30 PM

personally, I think it will hit 2 again, but not this year because all the govnments and media have too much interest in cryptocurrency. I think it will rise again when public stop talking about it
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 03:06:51 PM

I have been investing in small amounts periodically by time for a year back. Buying bitcoin step by step to decrease my cost, in average it seems it is ok but I sold all of them while it hit 12kusd. Buying small amounts would be the best thing that I have experienced to make a risk minimization. But still at that time my average of cost of buying was over 10kusd levels, I am not planning to buy from these levels, maybe if it decrease more then I might get some again. 

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀