Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:51:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative investments  (Read 1573 times)
Jabiii (OP)

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:15:27 PM

Aside from bitcoin what do you think is one of the best alternative investments in the economy today?

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:45:13 PM

Aside from bitcoin what do you think is one of the best alternative investments in the economy today?
Yeah probably bitcoin is the best pick to invest in a longterm just hold and sell end of the year. If you want to pick some alternate coins try visit the coinmarketcap. Just choose from the TOP1 to 10. Those alts are really good to pick and you won't be worry for any losing money. But I suggest for you to pick Ethereum.
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:07:49 PM

The best investment is not something that is the same for each and every person because investments always carry a level of risk. You cannot say that because one project has the highest expected return it is 'the best'. For that reason some people may feel that governments bonds are a better investment than cryptocurrency because the risk attached is much less. Likewise with real estate, stocks, gold etc.

If you want the highest return then you need to look within cryptocurrencies, if you want a more stable and secure return then you should look elsewhere.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:13:41 PM

Yeah probably bitcoin is the best pick to invest in a longterm just hold and sell end of the year. If you want to pick some alternate coins try visit the coinmarketcap. Just choose from the TOP1 to 10. Those alts are really good to pick and you won't be worry for any losing money. But I suggest for you to pick Ethereum.
There are lots of ICO’s that  you can invest in just a month  or two you can have profit but it is better to invest bitcoin because you will just wait the price of bitcoins to climb  and then sell. There's no need to look for ICO's to invest.

CheatingCoins

Activity: 122

Do what needs to be done.

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:19:26 PM

I would go with few popular and strong coins that have good and strong team behind them. Personally I avoid ICOs as much as possible as it's huge gamble. We all know that FB and now recently Google is banning advertisement of crypto, it's not because of crypto itself it is purely because of ICO frauds. This is of course talking about crypto.

You can always invest in some projects or go and buy website/business that is monetized already and keep it up and running. Usually they are sold in between 6-12x returns for decent sites, so after that period you'll have your investment back.

Crypto does have much higher risk involved, but reward is also sweet and much bigger.

If you have extra funds to spend, look up for some coins, spread your investment and be patient. It is very important to be patient. Smiley

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
bitcoin_bob

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:23:36 PM

For Alternative investments i prefer is buy cars with little defects - repair it and sell it with normal price , it could give you like 1000-3000$ per 1 selling car. Also property is very good investment in long time if you buy land , land rising very good in price like for 5 year could make easy 100-200% in nice places.
Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:43:04 PM

Investing in reality is good other than investing in bitcoin. Real investment also my plan when I have enough earnings in bitcoin. There is an advantage in investing in real investment, why? Because we know that we see the physical profits as well as capital itself. You know what? It is hard to invest your money in a thing that you don't even know the future.

Spazzer

Activity: 1079
Merit: 309

I love technology.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 03:58:19 PM

I think it depends where you are from. Here in Canada one of the biggest booming areas for investment is real-estate. Most areas are doubling if not tripling in value in 5 years.

Diversifying your investments is really important. This holds true with the recent "crash or "correction" in the cryptocurrency market. While my crypto bags are getting super heavy I am getting income through rentals, Airbnb and real-estate value.

PHYSIBIT, MANTIS CRYPTOS & CRYPTO QUILTS - The best and most trusted places to shop for physical bitcoins and more!!
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:59:14 PM

well as i always say, it depends on the country you live in. the economy is not a global thing it is very different in different countries. of course somethings are global such as precious metals markets. and they are in fact good alternative investments.

but speaking locally, you may find even better investments. it can simply investing in small businesses, or investing in the stocks market even. or the popular one investing in real estate. the opportunities are out there and there are a lot of them, however you have to go and find them. i am afraid nobody is going to hand it to you.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

I think that now in the global economy this situation is what is not attractive for investors assets. Even bitcoin is no exception. Now we see a significant decline in prices and this leads to investors leaving the market. Probably the best investment right now is not to make any investment.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:10:15 PM

It depends on the amount of funding you have. You cannot buy shares or real estate without large funds. Crypto is different. Remember that 1 year ago litecoin was just over $4. It is now about $160.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:11:10 PM

I think alternate currencies are best supporter of the crypto world. There are many projects which are going so perfectly that we can just earn money in efficient way. Most amazing inevstment would be ETH, LTC, XEM, NEO, NEM. All of them are perfect way to invest money and they are speculated as best portfolio. :-)

Without these heroic currencies the crypto world will dry out in dessert and there won't be anymore fun. I think they make up most of the volume on exchanges (that's what I see). Many people also look at these alts as futuristic way of earning money. Bitcoin is good but these are becoming the best coins of crypto land. So yeah I believe that there is always alternate investment.
Samk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:12:00 PM

apart from bitcoin on of the best investment is the stock market. which can get you a good return if u have patience and can learn and then invest.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:17:06 PM

Im still big on real estate. I still dream with owning my own house. I don't have anything to my name. I was poor, very poor before Bitcoin. Now I got some money, which im hoping that I can diversify eventually into a house. Ideally I would like to own 2 houses, one would be outside the city so I don't get all the air pollution and noise.

A secondary property in the city, this would be a decent flat, and I wouldn't even use it, I would just put it to work, im sure it would be easy to find someone willing to rent it for a decent amount. A nicely located flat can cover your basis expenses. I have some health problems that don't allow me to work so this would give me a peace of mind, having basic expenses covered.

Hopefully in the next 10 years I can make it, if Bitcoin delivers.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:25:50 PM

Depends on what you're looking to accomplish. If you're trying to make a lot of money in a very short amount of time like most people are when they venture into altcoins, you should spend your time researching ICOs. The more research you do, the less the likelihood of you being scammed is. The best way to go about this is to view the Announcement threads here on the forums. There are countless people who dig deep into how the ICOs are operating, so you can look into what their opinions are on certain coins and follow their lead.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
bitcub

Activity: 951

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:30:23 PM

You might want to invest in the stockmarket too.  Its like investing to your favorite altcoin.  But the problem is,  its to slow compare to crypto currency that profit is to fast.

Satry

Activity: 190
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:30:34 PM

Stock market of course, because you could invest your money as low as $100. Just like the stocks, you could try trading at crypto currency which also good to invest this week because the market cap is at its dip. I don't advice ICO's because you should have a real knowledge in blockchain technology to join the pace of improvement of the project and you prone to fall into scams.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:33:33 PM

What do you mean "investment in the economy" Huh
Everyone at this forum will tell you that investing in bitcoin is a good idea, but there are risks to which you must be prepared.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:36:14 PM

Probably the best investment right now is not to make any investment.

Not to make any investment huh... Thats ludicrous because living your life itself is risk. I mean being alive and not wanting to take any risk, one can die from a collapse building while just deciding to be laying in the house.

Again, if we don't make attempt to grow our money and maybe depend on the stipend from our jobs, we might lose the job someday and won't have anything to relay on. It is always nice to try and grow our finance. It is only an insane human that doesn't do that which is the reason such person that doesn't invest is usually compared to having insanity.
danim1130

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:38:00 PM

for me bitcoin is an currency and it is a opportunity to all who are down below. i can also say that it is some sort of investment but the alternative for bitcoin is on trading some altcoins for sure there is a big chance there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: