Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Open Source Escrow Project  (Read 2750 times)
clacy (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 06:14:25 AM

I put together a simple escrow service, but decided I didn't want to host it so I've open sourced it:

http://chrislacy.net/downloads/escrow.tar.gz

There's a donation address inside if you're inclined Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TeraPool

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 08:34:29 PM

Steals wallet.

Any proof?
Metal

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 09:36:08 PM

Steals wallet.

Unfounded accusation by a troll who, in a thread titled "How many people have you introduced to bitcoin?" recently posted:

None, but I made loads quit. Can't wit to see this fail project burn.

FWIW, I've had a quick look at the source code, and there doesn't appear to be anything suspicious in it.

Also note that the author of this program isn't anonymous. his site is http://chrislacy.net .
Check the projects page to see this program linked, other links there establish his identity.
clacy (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:18:47 AM

Is it in working order? Why did you give up on hosting it?

Also, under which license terms are you providing the source? I can't find the license file. (Affero GPL would probably be best if you want enhancements to be shared back to the community. From the license preamble: "It requires the operator of a network server to provide the source code of the modified version running there to the users of that server.".)

You could also put the code on github, that way you can track what other githubbers are doing with their forks of your project.

Everything works afaik.  I tested everything except transfers because my pooled mining setup hasn't produced 0.01btc yet Embarrassed .  Also, my poor server is already overloaded with apps, so I decided to help the community while hopefully getting donations instead of running it myself.

I went to get a github account but balked at the ssh setup (I have reasons, but no one else will care).  So I just committed it to my personal svn repository (private) and exported.

I don't like copyright, or copyleft, though gpl (and lgpl) is pretty cool.  I mostly ask that you share any improvements with me and give me credit (and access) if you want to put it on any public repositories.  But it's just a request - I wouldn't back it with government (or personal) action.  And donations are welcome Smiley
clacy (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 05:06:10 PM

changing it is allowed as long
as the name is changed

I don't even want to put that restriction on there.  I did put a note in the README that says I don't believe in licences.  Hope that helps.
whitenight639

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 02:36:29 AM

Did anyone download this? I'd like a copy but the OPs website is down.

125uWc197UW5kM659m4uwEakxoNHzMKzwz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: