Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:20:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Plagiarism in Whitepapers, what do you think?  (Read 667 times)
Defimwh

Activity: 321
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:06:33 PM

in my opinion if a project has a plagiarism, it is indicated as a scam, because where there might be the same project from the explanation side and the existing roadmap
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:11:14 PM

A lot of ICOs just pay random idiots on websites like fiverrr.com and freelancer to write their whitepaper, these people don't understand the depths and intricacies of the project, leading them to search for this information online. Unfortuntately there isn't much information available online, meaning the less creative writers will start to plagiarize the little material they have.

Here's a lesson guys, write your own damn whitepaper, or actually take the time to fully brief the guys on the project.
I also encountered quite a few projects with similar whitepaper and not much special. I think that these projects probably think investors will not spend time reading WPP so they do not focus on creating a serious WPP. The other WPP copying projects I will not appreciate.

seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:25:20 PM

Outside cryptos, plagiarism is a very serious offense and crime and is punishable with adequate measures. It is common in cryptos that new devs copy other old project whitepaper and don't even bother to modify or edit it to complement their own project. This should be taken seriously.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 11:23:42 PM

When researching ICOs for investing, since it is your money that is involved it is good to always dig deeper and that involves carrying out a plagiarism test on the whitepaper, a reverse image search on the project team to find if there are any existing materials with the same pictures or documents in order to avoid getting scammed.

Join DeStream ICO: https://destream.io/?referralId=adf52557d7994818a3bf8131262f2179#action=bountyreg

blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:33:31 PM

This is not suprising anymore since most of the ICO's are scam. What do you expect with scam project, almost evetything there is also fake and copied from other sources. The sole purpose of scam is just to convince investors and earn money. They don't mind of the content of their whitepaper.
whalefish

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:35:59 PM

The WP should be the main building block for the business. If they can't even do that right then you have a lot to worry about...

andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:44:12 AM

Plagiarism of whitepaper is a common practice of scam projects. If an investors will not thoroughly study and research about the whitepaper of a project and its possible competitor. Then more likely they will be scammed. That's why before participating in an ICO, the investors need to do study and research.
beami

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:54:31 AM

Plagiarism is a negative activity that shows that he does not have creativity in his content, this is an action that will harm himself.
Creative and good ideas will certainly have a more interesting level and results will be a satisfaction especially about the whitepaper.

mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 03:03:01 AM

I think a lot of cases like this occur. It's certainly become a fairly severe violation of the law because of plagiarizing the work of others. If taken seriously then this field can be brought to it heavier again. the whitepaper will certainly be quite factored in ICO and certainly, this is quite troubling.

patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:14:13 AM

Can you tell me what project/ICO are you talking about? So we could at least avoid it.

There are a lot of scam ico nowadays that copy whitepapers from the other. I mean all of information were copied from it but do you consider plagriarism if they have the same concept and ideas about it? I mean, it didn't copy the exact words but almost the same content or meaning.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: