Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:03:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What platform (Waves, Stellar, Ethereum etc) is best to launch my ICO?  (Read 206 times)
Mr Kiwi (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:49:40 PM

I am trying to launch my ICO and want to know what platform to develop my ICO on.

I heard Ethereums popularity causes its network to become overloaded, which raises how much it costs to run ICO’s?

Any advice greatly appreciated as there is not much information on Google.

Thanks
sean-qualified

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 04:04:01 PM

That's a great question - I think this might be down to the gas prices
Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:30:20 PM

That's a great question - I think this might be down to the gas prices

Yes, maybe it is a contributing factor.

I thought maybe how difficult the platform is to create a tokens on

or

If the platforms have decentralised exchanges within the platform
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:40:24 PM

As for me, i still prefer ethereum platform. I have also noticed something with waves platform. Most of the tokens listed on waves platform do not easily moon. Most of them, even if they start well, they might easily dump later. Except for some few ones. Yes, ethereum network might be congested, yet i prefer it over others.
Although, most times, the value of a token apart from the community, can be determined and improved upon by the activities of the developers.
Mawa1127

Activity: 139
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:43:57 PM

Ethereum platform will be the best option. Most of the ICO's are launching in this platform. Waves is also good but the Price of waves platform is not enough good.  I will suggest you to choose ethereum platform.
Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:49:40 PM

How do you know this? Can you show me a link explaining the best platform to launch an ICO?

How do you know how much Waves costs?
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:16:06 PM

I suggest you to proceed with ethereum platform itself because it is one of the biggest and already tried and tested platform available. Waves is good and no coding knowledge is required to create a token but most the projects using waves are shitcoins. No idea about steller as I haven't seen a single ICO on it.

Blah blah
Dertcoin

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:24:26 PM

I would choose ethereum because it's more popular and has a good dev team behind it.

Eth is most likely to help troubleshoot any problems you may end up having
flashmark

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:29:39 PM

Among your choices I think Etherium platform is the best. Because it is already proven that. Also ETH platform is the most popular one at the moment.
zabisux

Activity: 401
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:34:19 PM

Currently most popular and successful icos keep coming ito Ethereum platform. I need to remind you succes of populous etc. NEO is probably the best alternative to Ethereum as there were some hyped icos on it.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:36:36 PM

Maybe if you give an idea of what your project is about, then one can suggest a solid platform for you to launch your ICO.

Meanwhile, whatever platform you decide to pick ensure it is a user-friendly platform for your tokens to be used by investors without any issues, such as transaction fees and security.
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:37:51 PM

I am trying to launch my ICO and want to know what platform to develop my ICO on.

I heard Ethereums popularity causes its network to become overloaded, which raises how much it costs to run ICO’s?

Any advice greatly appreciated as there is not much information on Google.

Thanks

First of all ask yourself what are you trying to achieve with your project? What it is all about? If you are trying to do some smart contracts and dApp thing ethereum might be the good solution because of their huge database of users and because it is well known so you should be able to get publicity faster, although it all depends on your marketing strategy at end. For instance on Waves it is much easier to create your tokens with GUI where as with ethereum you will have to know programming a bit. Stellar might be good choice because of it's fast network and low fees, ethereum fees are like 1$ now.
manlyxman

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:39:20 PM

Ethereum platform will be the best option. Most of the ICO's are launching in this platform. Waves is also good but the Price of waves platform is not enough good.  I will suggest you to choose ethereum platform.

Yeah I agree with ETH. A lot of the new successful ICOs are launching on erc20 as well.
kryptogunner

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

Community Builder and Telegram Moderator

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:47:20 PM

Ethereum is number one for now and shall be for considerable time. Only one that can come close in terms of quality and quanitity in future is Neo. Waves is a no-no for me.

Want growth hack for community or need 24x7 community managememt?

PM here or Telegram @meatulm
lofegs

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 06:49:21 PM

Etherum is most popular one.
Waves is also popular and so easy to issue your own token, both have own advantages.

Spiero7

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:52:30 AM

For now, ETH network is the best you can get anywhere in launching your ICO. Although one many be considering several other options due to some issues such as congestion on ETH network, the fact remains that compared to other networks, coins listed on ETH network have like one extra boost in being successful compared to some other platforms due to the growing popularity of ETH. The one that comes in 2nd place for me is Neo. Looking at the coin itself, we all see how promising it is. From this I believe same is gonna go for every other coins that get listed on its Blockchain.
dwiady

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:57:55 AM

Wave could be an option, the technology is very similar between ethreum. indeed ethereum is now widely used in new ico projects and the possibility to do hardfork could happen again. I recommend using the wave because in the wave there is also a smart contract feature and speed in the transaction is still faster wave. I think the wave will develop as well as its predecessor, the ethereum.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:10:28 AM

it depends on what you want to achieve. if like all the rest of the ICOs you want to make more money then you have to go with the most hyped up platform which is ETH, but then you also have to accept the difficulties of that from writing the code for it to the high costs and even the possible exploits and bugs that you may encounter.

but if you want a better platform to do things easier and cheaper and not just raise some money and run away then go with another platform. i hear Waves is a good one.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Mr Kiwi (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:18:24 PM

Has anyone actually completed an ICO?

If so, what platform did you find worked best?
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:29:10 PM

If you are thinking long term I would choose Waves paltform to be honest because in my opinion waves will be top 5 crypto in the next years so you will have a bigger rewards from waves platform than ethereum platform but sure if you are looking for stability right now choose Ethereum platform.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄