Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:02:27 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer A3 now!  (Read 209 times)
ruplikminer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:50:21 PM

Buying Antminer A3 now for abiut 1000usd would be a bad idea? Or a good bet but still a bet?

I want to start mining with asics together with my gpu but I am searching for a cheap/medium one to learn how to.

Which one would be the best choice?
isukabtc

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:55:03 PM

Bad idea !!
Halong Miner will release 3830 Ghs with similar power with A3. So difficulty will to the moon first before you can get break even with it. BUT Halong Miner is a new comer, I wont buy it before I see review from senior user ID here..
.F.

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:40:00 PM

Bad idea !!
Halong Miner will release 3830 Ghs with similar power with A3. So difficulty will to the moon first before you can get break even with it. BUT Halong Miner is a new comer, I wont buy it before I see review from senior user ID here..

If you can do it, I'd get an Antminer at $1,000. If they have any more I'll take some Smiley
ruplikminer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:46:20 PM

Thanks for the advices. It's very interesting about the Halong
When it's supposed to be released? Price? I really want to gain experience with ASICS and, after reading a lot of posts on bct, it's now the time to get one and practice. Just i don't want to spend too much money on my first ASICS. Getting the money back that I will spend to buy it would be quite important. Profit not so much. This is more a "test".

That's why I was looking at the a3.

My budget for this test is about 2k.

I am open to suggestions Smiley

Thanks!
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:51:52 PM
Merited by flip4flop (1)

When it's supposed to be released? Price? I really want to gain experience with ASICS and, after reading a lot of posts on bct, it's now the time to get one and practice. Just i don't want to spend too much money on my first ASICS. Getting the money back that I will spend to buy it would be quite important. Profit not so much. This is more a "test".

Thanks!

For testing? Buy something cheap on ebay, like an S5 (which is, still, the perfect intro miner IMO; you can mod it to run super quietly and use it as a space heater, it runs at 550Wish so you don't need a dedicated circuit for it, and it still occasionally turns a profit depending on the price of BTC (though admittedly it's been a couple months now since that was the case)). But still, you can earn a bit of BTC or BCH while helping warm your bedroom, and learn about ASIC mining at the same time...

Or if you want to dump all $2K in: the S9 is your best buy IMO. Not the best daily payout, but BTC is a stable place to be earning/holding, and it has consistently earned at a relatively predictable rate (though it's been around long enough, my only concern with buying now would be a more efficient miner hitting the market). The L3+ is also a decent buy, but it being the first Scrypt miner from BM, I do kind of expect them to release a new model before too long, so maybe not your best buy right now. The rest of what Bitmain offers is lucky to break even based on current returns and coin values, so the rest are a gamble IMO. The D3 is an unquestionable no, and depending on what all the new batches of miners do to SIA, the A3 is unlikely to be worth it. The X3 is a joke, and while the V line might not be terrible per machine (the power consumption is ridiculous though), having to batch buy makes it useless for me, though you can find single machines on ebay now. I wouldn't expect to profit much from a V9, but if you get it for cheap enough you should be able to recoup on it (but again, if you have the cash just go S9, it is more profitable and far more energy efficient)...
isukabtc

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:36:33 PM

Thanks!

For now there is an X2 halong miner 248 khs for $3000 shipping April but I dont recomend it just like I said.

Experience with ASIC :

If you just want to know what it can do I suggest try Antminer D3 for $550, maybe you wont get break even but atleast you got new miner than used S5.

If you want to get break even for long time is L3+ , its the best deal for now since its difficult high enough and its the slowest to rise due to no new miner. And its almost 40% cheaper + low power than S9 but make similar profit for you dump at 20k+ / btc.

I still buying L3+ whenever I have usd right now, it seems no one want to R n D scrypt anymoreand its good..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: