Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:58:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [DAG + Smart Contracts] Constellation Labs  (Read 4675 times)
constellationlabs (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 05:39:51 PM

https://info.constellationlabs.io/hs-fs/hubfs/Constellation-Graphic03B-Color-SML.png?width=100&name=Constellation-Graphic03B-Color-SML.png
Constellation

A distributed operating system with smart contracts to support microservices.

Current blockchain technology such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others have systemic synchronous limitations that render them unsuitable for mass adoption into the current technical architecture of distributed consumer applications. Consensus mechanisms and smart contract architecture cannot scale to a level that is required for consumer grade applications to function.

We propose a fault resistant, horizontally scalable, distributed operating system that can implement full nodes as a mobile client. Therefore, we present a reformulation of cryptographically secure consensus into a modern server-less architecture using an asynchronous ExtendedTrustChain, Proof-of-Meme consensus model, smart contracts as composeable microservices using the JVM and initially implemented as an actor based finite state machine. This architecture ensures high transaction throughput, allowing for consumer grade distributed applications to be built on Constellation.

Whitepaper | Website | Telegram | Interview | TLDR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:45:14 PM

Constellation

A distributed operating system with smart contracts to support microservices.

Current blockchain technology such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others have systemic synchronous limitations that render them unsuitable for mass adoption into the current technical architecture of distributed consumer applications. Consensus mechanisms and smart contract architecture cannot scale to a level that is required for consumer grade applications to function.

We propose a fault resistant, horizontally scalable, distributed operating system that can implement full nodes as a mobile client. Therefore, we present a reformulation of cryptographically secure consensus into a modern server-less architecture using an asynchronous ExtendedTrustChain, Proof-of-Meme consensus model, smart contracts as composeable microservices using the JVM and initially implemented as an actor based finite state machine. This architecture ensures high transaction throughput, allowing for consumer grade distributed applications to be built on Constellation.

Whitepaper | Website | Telegram | Interview | TLDR
Looks like a great idea.  Nice website, with list of partners.  (although not sure how i feel about "batshit crazy ventures" or whatever their name was.

It's a solid release with technical whitepaper + website + team instantly available.

How do you propose to do the distribution of the coin?  Will you be doing one of those "donations" or will you simply be distributing it like an airdrop?  Or will you be having a sale?

Thanks
rgsnedds

Activity: 952
Merit: 17

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 05:51:07 PM

looking forwards to seeing a fault resistant DAG protocol... and if you can pull it off, it'll be the first.

constellationlabs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 05:51:51 PM

Looks like a great idea.  Nice website, with list of partners.  (although not sure how i feel about "batshit crazy ventures" or whatever their name was.

It's a solid release with technical whitepaper + website + team instantly available.

How do you propose to do the distribution of the coin?  Will you be doing one of those "donations" or will you simply be distributing it like an airdrop?  Or will you be having a sale?

Thanks

The generation of the coin will occur in the next few months, and at MainNet launch the tokens will be swapped. Distribution will happen over a variety of different methods including airdrops, validator rewards, etc. I hope that helps! More information will be coming soon via press release so stay tuned Smiley
constellationlabs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 05:52:57 PM

looking forwards to seeing a fault resistant DAG protocol... and if you can pull it off, it'll be the first.

We are looking forward to delivering one! Smiley
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 05:54:44 PM

so... a token sale  Huh
I see no benefit in offering a token ICO.

If you have DAG accomplished, then you should use DAG directly, surely...?
unless you don't really know what a Directed Acyclic Graph can do.

constellationlabs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:15:15 PM

so... a token sale  Huh

A token ICO has not been announced and is not on our roadmap at this time. 
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:29:25 PM

so... a token sale  Huh

A token ICO has not been announced and is not on our roadmap at this time. 

OK. in that case, this was confusing:

http://info.constellationlabs.io/constellation-token-information

rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:00:53 PM

It seems to me that this is just another new bctalk account looking to make money.
This market is in for a rude awakening when US SEC decides these are all securities.

DAG is nowhere near ready for any of the things you profess to being able to do. For a start: 4000 tx's per second? Good luck getting 2000 without orphan blocks.

This is not a viable whitepaper, and anyone who buys into this will have a shock.
So you say there is no token sale,,,, ok... You could try the 'masternode' approach, but both you and I know that a DAG protocol won't respond in the way you hope it will. DAG nodes are not a static graph and when you try to hold them static, that's when you see total disconnection.. not just orphan blocks.

So. that rules that part out. What next?

"Lets just make it look like we have something viable and hope that people jump in with shedloads of money"

^this, is where your project is at. However, I will watch closely. Prove me wrong.
constellationlabs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:27:05 PM

It seems to me that this is just another new bctalk account looking to make money.
This market is in for a rude awakening when US SEC decides these are all securities.

DAG is nowhere near ready for any of the things you profess to being able to do. For a start: 4000 tx's per second? Good luck getting 2000 without orphan blocks.

This is not a viable whitepaper, and anyone who buys into this will have a shock.
So you say there is no token sale,,,, ok... You could try the 'masternode' approach, but both you and I know that a DAG protocol won't respond in the way you hope it will. DAG nodes are not a static graph and when you try to hold them static, that's when you see total disconnection.. not just orphan blocks.

So. that rules that part out. What next?

"Lets just make it look like we have something viable and hope that people jump in with shedloads of money"

^this, is where your project is at. However, I will watch closely. Prove me wrong.

Thanks for the feedback and although we have closed all of our private contribution rounds, if there is any future sale we will reach out to those on the token request list. We are glad that you're willing to stay tuned. And as the weeks and months march on we will be releasing more technical papers, code demos, etc, etc. Our test net is slated for summer so feel free to check back in around then Smiley
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 07:56:04 PM
Merited by fonship (1)

Fault-resistant DAG application?!?

Listening and watching with great interest. I'll understand if you decide to ICO something like this, but if you make it mineable or airdropped I will be overjoyed.

Very, very interested.

twitter.com/notsofast
keseoma

Activity: 495
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:17:10 PM

so... a token sale  Huh

agree, if you build DAG project, just use DAG, there are so many so called DAG projects here ask for donation, but never see a real product!!!

danspasiva

Activity: 417
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:50:09 PM

Thanks

The generation of the coin will occur in the next few months, and at MainNet launch the tokens will be swapped. Distribution will happen over a variety of different methods including airdrops, validator rewards, etc. I hope that helps! More information will be coming soon via press release so stay tuned Smiley

Thanks for the swift response.  Sounds very good to me, although i am patiently awaiting further details.  A press release is a very exciting way to make your first impression in addition to the already solid ann+website.  Looking forward to following your progress!
halkuon

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:20:04 AM

Looks interesting, is there any sort of roadmap planned?
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:36:56 AM

wow ok I'm intrigued.
Hope for mining but would probably invest in the case of an ico

rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 08:43:36 AM

wow ok I'm intrigued.

mining DAG is not easy! I'd avoid this one.. but watch out for DAGlabs instead, or mine XDAG.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 03:17:43 PM

Fault-resistant DAG application?!?

Listening and watching with great interest. I'll understand if you decide to ICO something like this, but if you make it mineable or airdropped I will be overjoyed.

Very, very interested.

There is project, Dagger which is minable DAG coin!

selling sushistake.com, send offers
constellationlabs (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 10:29:27 PM

wow ok I'm intrigued.

mining DAG is not easy! I'd avoid this one.. but watch out for DAGlabs instead, or mine XDAG.

Well mining would mean that the network is being sustained through Proof Of Work-- which is not the case here. Validation occurs by a different consensus Smiley
win02ltck2

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:13:09 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 11:33:25 PM by win02ltck2

i see XDAG last time  . other coin for smart contracts  http://xdag.io/
rgsnedds

raskul

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 07:29:51 AM

wow ok I'm intrigued.

Well mining would mean that the network is being sustained through Proof Of Work-- which is not the case here. Validation occurs by a different consensus Smiley

So, prey tell, what use is this to the members of this forum?
perhaps you are advertising in the wrong spaces.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: