Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:49:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most profitable pool if I have 40-60 GH/s capacity?  (Read 2875 times)
manuel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:44:55 AM

Wish I could ask this in the pool forum. Sad

Anyway which pool(s) would yield me the best result if I have 40-60 GH/s of capacity to throw at it?  Obviously they should be reliable and honest too...

Thanks.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cowandtea

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:48:43 AM

I believe all pool are the same as long as it has stratum support, low stale and 0% commission.

manuel (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:19:29 AM

I believe all pool are the same as long as it has stratum support, low stale and 0% commission.

Thanks.

Which do you use?

Do some have a faster payout than others?
cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:58:37 AM

Thanks.

Which do you use?

Do some have a faster payout than others?

Sorry, can't really answer you this question cause I stopped BTC mining few months ago when ASIC started conquering the world. I invested in cex.io (referral links) instead.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 09:24:34 AM

I recommend something like btcguild which has the largest share of the pie so you can certainly see a payout.  What the other guy was pointing out above is that "in theory" you should get the same amount of coin given:

your pool isn't too small
your fees are zero percent
You can merge mine for a little bonus in extra coin to be gained

However I think that in practice, larger pools solve more blocks more often than smaller pools and so you may see a larger payout from having more hashpower on a smaller pool but the amount of blocks solved is likely to be smaller per day and thus your payouts will be less.  This is my opinion and I am looking for a more clear answer as well which is why I decided to share my experience.

Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 09:30:07 AM

Anyway which pool(s) would yield me the best result if I have 40-60 GH/s of capacity to throw at it?  Obviously they should be reliable and honest too...

You cant go wrong if you use one of the biggest pools, they are all reliable and honest.
I using Bitminter and the daily mined amount does not change so much
manuel (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:53:02 AM

What does "merge mine" mean?

Thanks.
Leehoya

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:57:45 AM

What does "merge mine" mean?

Thanks.
That means you can mine two cryptocurrency at the same time, cashing out and selling the other cryptocurrency for bitcoin so you can earn more profit. I recommend bitminter (Nice interface and merge mining, increasing hashrates)

waqas

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:09:30 AM

I am interested in this mining and can I join this bitmint what is there requirment for this mean hardware and software please if someone can guide thanks for this

Leehoya

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:16:50 AM

I am interested in this mining and can I join this bitmint what is there requirment for this mean hardware and software please if someone can guide thanks for this
Anyone can join Bitminter instantly. Theres no requirement you can join with 1mh/s too. Go to bitminter.com, select log in and choose your preferred login method. Next create a user account and click the engine start and wait for it to download. Make sure you downloaded java. It will prompt you to run it. Tick the box and run it. If you do not see your ASIC miner, look up the url to download the drivers. Next, install driver. Once finish installing, you must click the play button near the asic and fill in your account details. Happy mining!
Edit: Drivers are needed if you have a ASIC miner.

waqas

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:20:50 AM

Anyone can join Bitminter instantly. Theres no requirement you can join with 1mh/s too. Go to bitminter.com, select log in and choose your preferred login method. Next create a user account and click the engine start and wait for it to download. Make sure you downloaded java. It will prompt you to run it. Tick the box and run it. If you do not see your ASIC miner, look up the url to download the drivers. Next, install driver. Once finish installing, you must click the play button near the asic and fill in your account details. Happy mining!

currently have nothing just this computer and its working on windows xp just because of this asking what is requirment for this now you describe some just give some more details how much Ram and Processor needed for this and any special hardware or any thing else thanks for these details

Leehoya

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 11:34:09 AM

currently have nothing just this computer and its working on windows xp just because of this asking what is requirment for this now you describe some just give some more details how much Ram and Processor needed for this and any special hardware or any thing else thanks for these details
Its pretty much unprofitable to mine due to the difficulty. But if you just wanna warm your room with a little profit, the requirements are: GPU, any processors, 1GB+ of ram would be ideal. Also, AMD GPU are really good at mining cryptocurrency.

fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 12:14:45 PM

I also prefer big pool as so far they are having better DDoS protection. Small pool tends to go offline once in a while and its really annoying.

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 12:33:55 PM

I also prefer big pool as so far they are having better DDoS protection. Small pool tends to go offline once in a while and its really annoying.

Not strictly true.  Some larger pools have had ddos attacks recently, and the smaller pools were missed out.

Ive used 5 or so different pools in my time mining, and I have to say that eclipsemc.com and hhtt.1209k.com are by far the best in terms of payouts.

Eclipse uses a scoring method called dgm(waay too complex for me to explain!!) and the charge 0 fees on that.

HHTT uses pplns- pay per last 'n' shares, and they charge a sliding scale of fees depending on which difficulty you choose to use.  HHTT seems to, on average, pay out slightly more than all the others I have used.

BTW, you will find most pools charge a fee of some sort.
fattypig

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 12:36:12 PM

Not strictly true.  Some larger pools have had ddos attacks recently, and the smaller pools were missed out.

Ive used 5 or so different pools in my time mining, and I have to say that eclipsemc.com and hhtt.1209k.com are by far the best in terms of payouts.

Eclipse uses a scoring method called dgm(waay too complex for me to explain!!) and the charge 0 fees on that.

HHTT uses pplns- pay per last 'n' shares, and they charge a sliding scale of fees depending on which difficulty you choose to use.  HHTT seems to, on average, pay out slightly more than all the others I have used.

BTW, you will find most pools charge a fee of some sort.

Thanks for the tips, will do some research on it.

waqas

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:57:29 AM

thanks now I will do some search that GPU is available in our area or no if I got this then talk to you on this forum and ask for more positive tips thanks again

Leehoya

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:16:24 AM

Not completely true, many pools are down in the recent ddos attack but small pools like bitminter didnt go down. Bitminter only have a small amount of hashrates. And the amount of time needed for the pool to find a block dont matter.
Faster block finding:Less amount per block
Slower block finding: More amount per block.

waqas

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:22:00 AM

Not completely true, many pools are down in the recent ddos attack but small pools like bitminter didnt go down. Bitminter only have a small amount of hashrates. And the amount of time needed for the pool to find a block dont matter.
Faster block finding:Less amount per block
Slower block finding: More amount per block.

can you mention here some name of big and small pools I need to check these and interested in this just want to check is this working for me or no

Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:49:10 AM

You might be better off setting your rig for altcoins and selling them when they get pumped.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Wed
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:43:43 PM

P2Pool could be a good Idea. In most cases you don't have fees, you'll get transaction fees and a instant payout, without reaching a level.
I have a p2pool running (http://62.141.41.25:9332/) or just check: http://p2pool-nodes.info/
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: