Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:54:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoind dies always...  (Read 3407 times)
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:13:10 PM

It's possible something is wrong with your virtual machine. On a clean system to run bitcoind 1GB should not cause the process to die. Check also your diskspace assigned just in case.

There is nothing wrong with my system. I have no swap (thats the main reason) and other running daemons (no clean system). Additionally there is a memory leak on bitcoind. There is no memory leak on other crypto cur. daemons like namecoind. Namecoind releases the memory it reserves.

or it could be because bitcoin's memory pool (aka transaction list) gets larger, whereas namecoin stays the same.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:22:02 PM

It's possible something is wrong with your virtual machine. On a clean system to run bitcoind 1GB should not cause the process to die. Check also your diskspace assigned just in case.

There is nothing wrong with my system. I have no swap (thats the main reason) and other running daemons (no clean system). Additionally there is a memory leak on bitcoind. There is no memory leak on other crypto cur. daemons like namecoind. Namecoind releases the memory it reserves.

or it could be because bitcoin's memory pool (aka transaction list) gets larger, whereas namecoin stays the same.

not really
namecoin has the same growing rate like bitcoin. u should know that the protocol regulates the speed... thats just an unqualified comment
and its totally off topic...
the problem is solved and this topic can be closed, i dont want a bitcoin vs. namecoin discussion
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:35:19 PM

not really
namecoin has the same growing rate like bitcoin. u should know that the protocol regulates the speed... thats just an unqualified comment

Bitcoin has way more transactions that namecoin. That has nothing to do with the "growing rate" you refer to, which I interpret to be the 10-minute time inverval between blocks. This increased transaction rate could expose a theroretical leak in bitcoin but that doesn't mean that it isn't present in namecoin too.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: