Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower  (Read 1832 times)
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:25:45 AM

Honestly, like some here, I think holding isn't much effective in cryptocurrencies. The chart moves by hours, even minutes. Holding some promising coins only gives you some profit. On the other hand, acttively trading, or so they say, day trading, is much more effective. Yes, there is a much bigger risk in day trading but also a promise of much bigger profits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mundodecriptomoedas

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:31:25 AM

For me i still holding all my altcoins that is in my portfolio and i am still waiting for their value to increase so that i can sell them in a fair rate for me to have a good profits in all of my holdings. And i am still buying some cheap altcoins in the market that i can doubled my money and earnings. And its the best time to buy altcoins that has big potential to growth in value when the time that they rise again.

Only 3 months ago I entered this world of crypto coins, I bought some cheap altcoins, but they were not good for me and I decided to sell because the price just drops
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:43:08 AM

if you believe in this system and think it will rise, you can invest. you can keep what you earn from the bounty of quality and team working projects. provided you sell it in the medium and long term. (at the top prices)
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:04:09 AM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

Good day! I admire those who knows how to read charts. It so confusing but it is also important that you know the history of the trades of the coins. Trades and prices just keeps repeating. That will give you the idea when to sell and when is the right time to buy. Of course other than charts there's other means to know bitcoin and alts movement.
lenj

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:28:44 AM

I bought some alt coins when they were "crashed" to very cheap price line, that was a gift I think.

A gift for you if the price can really goes up but sometime it goes to lower again though after crashing.
Alwyas combine the analysis with fundamental which  take very strong part in run of the market.
tisumagic

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:08:44 AM

Knowing Technical analysis is surely useful if you want to take advantage of market swings and cryptos have huge swings. Just do not try going on margin/ high leverage and do not short. Those strategies are for very experienced traders.
taking advantage of the moment is very profitable, but the way it is usually used by daily tradder, and not for long-term investment. of course this way also has a risk when we are wrong predictions which direction should up trend, but the opposite happened

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Soloking

Activity: 142
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:44:36 AM

The question equals to grow or fall, no one knows. You should not put too much into the crypto market, and finish all the investigation before you buy a coin, and then just hodl and go to work.
market field

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:02:10 AM

The market is going down unusually. This made me very nervous. But if it was me, I would keep it. I would rather lose everything but I can not invest capital losses.
MarchToke

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:32:13 AM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

As always, monitoring and learning the chart trends of the crypto coin will always be an advantage for a trader. When you know how to analyze the flow of the crypto value, then you may know when will the increase nd decrease of its amount. So you can grab the opportunity when coin value goes higher and lower. Both can help because when it goes lower you can buy more coins and sell it when it goes higher.

iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:43:06 AM

I have a pretty similar situation at my end. I too had been following the HODL strategy, and even though it has its own benefits, but I am still unable to make any profits these days. Seeing the market crash and then recover a bit is definitely tempting. So, instead of selling my investments for loss, I have decided to put extra funds from my pocket and buy coins at a cheaper price (which is the current price). I am pretty hopeful that once the G20 summit ends, the market would see an upward trend since a lot regulatory laws for cryptocurrencies would be discussed over there.
Trading is lucrative no doubt, but requires in depth knowledge.
Daddyj2

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:00:56 AM

If you have high risk tolerance then sell and buy back but don't sell all your coins as sometimes after we sell the coins we are holding its the time they pump I don't know why.  Grin

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:00:37 AM

I really don't kno if it can go any lower
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:38:30 AM

I am still holding since a bought in ATH by december, If I will sell it now, I will lose a lot of money, by the time I buy in crypto, I have high hopes to hold in a very long time. No one knows what the future holds, maybe next month good news will happen.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:43:45 AM

I don't think it will get much lower than this. I believe we have just hit the bottom and now the regaining of previous peaks should start. There is no reason for current decline, seems like pure speculation.

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
Aschcraw

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:58:11 AM

no one know what price will have the crypto tommorow , i seel many times at low price thinking will go more low and after i sell the price go up +20% in 2days  so i'm fucked twice ... this happen everytime to me  . but now is the good moment  buy cheap altcoins
light22man

Activity: 311

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:59:05 AM

I think better to hold coins and don't try to catch every market movement. It's less risky and you can more profitable because you cant lose you coins if you made wrong choose, what more than  possible in trading

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:11:57 PM

You can play it at both ends, hodl a portion and liquidate another to trade with so you could buy lower.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:25:55 PM

In my own opinion, I can only tell you to sell and buy if you know how the trading market works because most times it quite hard to predict. If you intend to try selling when the price is high and buying when it is low after having calcuated your chart, there is a tendency of having quite a lot of gains but at the other hand; hold your coins if you don't know how the market works. So you don't loss.
Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

You can play it at both ends, hodl a portion and liquidate another to trade with so you could buy lower.
If you bought those coins still at lower price before, then better to sell them if you think it will still dip and buy it again, but if you will lose when you sell it, then better hold since we don't up to what amount it will dip.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:36:29 PM

You should learn some TA and analyze graphs/market, etc. However, if you are a newbie trader I would not recommend to jump off from holding. You think you are missing opportunities right now, I see, but you are also missing high risk which is connected with trading. So be calm and save your money.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: