Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower  (Read 1832 times)
JMD07

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:41:41 PM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?
Chart tracking can be useful for the history of the prices but it is not a reliable tools to predict a market prices. The price can be dictated by the current situation and we can't force someone not to sell/dumps their tokens/coins as they have also a different strategy. You need to learn first how the market moves for a span of 1-2months so you will have the idea what should be the best strategy in a volatile market.
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:44:46 PM

Well market is already at a severe dip, i think it will be very risky to sell now and trying to buy even lower, just follow the basic strategy that buy low sell high, so according to this basic rule it is time to buy not sell.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
wenzuo

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:58:03 PM

According to my experience, if you think this coin is promising, it is better to hold. I have lost many coins when I sold them out and then I can not buy them back since the price never returned.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
krayzie32

Activity: 479

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:56:50 PM

actually it is a simple strategy of trading but the important thing is that you have to have many skills and knowledge know when to buy and sell.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Fascinat

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:59:32 PM

actually it is a simple strategy of trading but the important thing is that you have to have many skills and knowledge know when to buy and sell.

It is quite difficult to say. For the good coins like Bitcoin Cash or ETH, it is better to hold for the long term.
karel88l

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:47:21 PM

There will be bounce back and i still hold small amount of altcoins i will sell after it.
hhussain

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:26:51 PM

One thing social media tells you about buying holding or selling is that how the mass psychology is reacting, it is true said by the smart traders that do not go with the mass psychology as they mostly don't have a clue of what they're doing but it will be good to see what they're thinking to give you an idea about the public image of that coin.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:25:44 PM

I have a pretty similar situation at my end. I too had been following the HODL strategy, and even though it has its own benefits, but I am still unable to make any profits these days. Seeing the market crash and then recover a bit is definitely tempting. So, instead of selling my investments for loss, I have decided to put extra funds from my pocket and buy coins at a cheaper price (which is the current price). I am pretty hopeful that once the G20 summit ends, the market would see an upward trend since a lot regulatory laws for cryptocurrencies would be discussed over there.
Trading is lucrative no doubt, but requires in depth knowledge.
Making profit these days is difficult due to the downfall the market is suffering through at the market and the only way to guarantee profit is by buying more bitcoin or any other potential altcoin. We all know that digital market would be accelerating soon. This is how it has been from the very first moment. Fluctuating. Day trading is an option to earn some extra money but that won’t be an easy method. Buy more now as rates are low and hold a little longer.
feinter

Activity: 469

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:30:52 PM

I think that time that we have now is like a special occasion for all of us and waiting more for better prices will be just stupid thing, so buying now and holding as long as it will be possible is good idea.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:35:25 PM

Holding is still good. But better option is holding and trading. Higher profit, with a little more sacrificed time. This is my opinion, recommend try

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

zero9119

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:14:21 PM

It's too late for you to sell, that's my thought. Because I realize that the market is gradually recovering and investors who have not sold crypto before can expect the market to rebound in April and May as the cyclical market of the cryptocurrency years. before. The important thing in this time is to be calm in order to be able to make accurate decisions from time to time as the market is unstable.
droptableguy2

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:58:09 PM

Your strategy can make you lose all of your existing capital. In the Crypto market I think we should hold our altcoin for the long run to be the best. There are so many people who make you and so few people make a profit. They have lost a lot.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:06:20 PM

a hold is a great way to do today, but on the other side, we also have to buy, for balance the market and altcoin.

the chart is needed for short and long term, so I think we should also see the chart, especially when the correction, all altcoin down and we must look for green altcoin.

SPINPIX

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:22:34 PM

in this moment it would be a bad idea sell, we already had a great fall, it's much more possible to go up than go again down, said that if you already sold in the past weeks now it's a good moment to buy again! you won't see these prices again! i hope we will soon return to the market levels of january

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
astrid.uchiha24

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:35:41 PM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?
charting should be learned by trader but for crypto market i believe there's not much of an impact because prices tend to rely on events and news, if your not ready for the game it's good for your interest to hold your existing coins but just think of it if you don't buy during dips you surely misses the opportunity to get profit yourself with this market condition.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:40:32 PM

Well, i bought a bunch of ethereums when the price was less than $300 each one of them, i have sold them at $800 a few weeks ago, and i am rebuying now.. Maybe it is not a big deal, but it worked for me.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
jonland22

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:53:16 PM

I bought some alt coins when they were "crashed" to very cheap price line, that was a gift I think.
Good for you, i don't know why people are easily getting bothered by these declining prices, if you know how to play the game then you will surely buy during those dips because in a bearish market you can only earn through short term investing.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
Telegram Facebook www.casperproject.io Github Twitter ANN
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:47:32 AM

Holding is like a tradional way for us to earn in long term however nowadays it seems like it is not working especially with this massive crash wherein we can't predict if the coin is worth holding and on the other hand,  sell and buy back lower is a good strategy however there's a high risk but once you got a good coin surely you will have good profit.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:09:49 AM

If you want to apply this strategy then you have to sell in the first dip itself that is a big red candle in 4 hour chart. After that you need to watchout for other candles. If the coin went down from your buy price then wait for a long candle with long down wig and rebuy after that because it might suggest some upward movement.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
J Sykes

Activity: 60
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:19:22 AM

If you have practiced trading with fake money apps but on real markets and you have made some calls that have turned out ok and you also have a decent rate of making good calls, give it a go.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: