Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:45:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower  (Read 1832 times)
Nebula Exchange
Copper Member

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

Nebula Exchange Admin

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 12:48:43 PM

If only there was a new exchange coming out that let's you browse and compare price targets so you'd know when to HODL and when to sell Wink

Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 12:49:10 PM

When price are high, hold more till its the highest then sell and wait for it to dump then buy again and hold. But with this strategy you must be very careful and focused and be able to use your guts. I' ve been successful with this but i also consider technical analysis and charts. I also monitor  as often as i can to understand the market strategies that best suit for my investments.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
jackjackfly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:02:49 PM

I guess it depends  more on your skills. If you are good in trading, than it is better to risk and sell your coins, if not...well holding strategy almost never disspoints me =) So for me it is easier to hold coins for some time.

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
Monyero

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:14:20 PM

Graphs can indeed be analyzed, but no alcoin movements can be sure of going up or coming down, if there is a significant decrease I will sell the alcoin and buy it back when the price has reached the lowest point according to my analysis. So can meminalisir loss which I experienced.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 06:31:57 PM

Nope, it is not a right time for this idea since most of the crypto currencies are recovering now. If you have done it a weeks before it will be good idea but the current situation is not worth it I think. You have to hold the coins which you have now and wait for the desired target to be met, hope the desired target may be reached soon. May be you can get x2 or x3 profit within this month or latest by next month end.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:51:58 AM

If you are watchful enough, altcoins give you the opportunity to exploit their volatile state at any given time or day. For example, one of the newly trading coins AUTO had more than 67% profit (on 12th April) within 24hrs and popular coins like Monaco, Bitcoin diamond and Ripple, have made 56.59%, 36.25%  and 15.88% respective in the current past 24 hours (as at the time of post), so you can make pretty much small differential profits if you are really into it.
Crypto Sway

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:08:00 AM

Until you get really great at chart reading and you have much practice it's better to hold unless you REALLY know what you're doing just my 2 cents.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:33:25 PM

This market is so volatil. I think holding isn't much effective in cryptocurrencies. The chart moves by hours, even minutes. Holding some promising coins only gives you some profit. On the other hand, acttively trading, or so they say, day trading, is much more effective. Yes, there is a much bigger risk in day trading but also a promise of much bigger profits.
We all know that you can get greater profits by trading, that is a known fact by a significant amount of the users in this forum but how are you going to earn any money in trading? Think about it if the market is as volatile as you state, and we all know that is the truth, then how do you plan to take advantage of this if predicting the direction that the market is going to take is a lot more difficult than trying to predict stocks or the forex market.
adl541

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:47:13 PM

sell only if u are sure it will go back lower,dont hodl too much,accumulate!
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:27:31 PM

I guess it depends  more on your skills. If you are good in trading, than it is better to risk and sell your coins, if not...well holding strategy almost never disspoints me =) So for me it is easier to hold coins for some time.
There are three possibilities. You can hold if you do not need the urgent money because the speculated value will be as high as 1000$ for ETH and more than 20k$ for Bitcoin. The second possibility is that you should sell only if the worth of your portfolio is more than the cost you bore initially. The third thin is that you never know when will the prices fall again and you might need to wait for pretty long. Go with one!
karnwillbit

Activity: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:06:16 AM

Tracking daily and even weekly fluctuations in the market is difficult, especially if you are new, so you will be more likely to buy coins and hold them for an average of one year, during this time you will understand how the whole market works and find a suitable trading strategy for yourself.
No, it is not difficult at all. It depends on the interest and goals of the individual. If he is willing to become rich in as short time as possible, he would do this much work with a smile on his face. Checking out the value of bitcoin or any altcoin twice or thrice a day does not take more than a minute. Indeed, it is not a lot of work. But as I have already said, it is entirely a choice of investor.
2chase

Activity: 1082
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:14:09 AM

At this stage, I believe that it is necessary to continue buying cryptocurrency since the growth has just begun and, according to my forecasts, will continue for another 2-3 months. After the coin prices set new records, you will need to think about selling.
Anne8

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:20:14 AM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?
If you have the skills to earn more money trading than with holding then you are correct you will be better trading than holding your coins the only issue is that many people think that they have to skill and all they realize too late that they do not, the problem is they do this when they lose all their money, so make a fair assessment of your skills before making any trades.

All of our activity would be different depend on the analysis itself and its not the same between one and another.
But if without analysis then buy back in lower and also hold it is the way where we can earn much money. So stay depend on yours.
JackdunR

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:53:24 AM

In my current market you should hold them until the end of the year, the price of the altcoin under many predicted that will soar in the last year, please be patient, you will see the surprise.
onecall123

Activity: 2100
Merit: 323

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:03:41 PM

At this stage, I believe that it is necessary to continue buying cryptocurrency since the growth has just begun and, according to my forecasts, will continue for another 2-3 months. After the coin prices set new records, you will need to think about selling.
According to the market analysis this could be. This pulls back the fortunes of the crypto market HODLERS! Still positive, but crypto won't go up in a straight line so we'll see a slight correction in the coming week. That seems really interesting. I ready myself to experience this take off.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:58:59 PM

Tracking daily and even weekly fluctuations in the market is difficult, especially if you are new, so you will be more likely to buy coins and hold them for an average of one year, during this time you will understand how the whole market works and find a suitable trading strategy for yourself.
No, it is not difficult at all. It depends on the interest and goals of the individual. If he is willing to become rich in as short time as possible, he would do this much work with a smile on his face. Checking out the value of bitcoin or any altcoin twice or thrice a day does not take more than a minute. Indeed, it is not a lot of work. But as I have already said, it is entirely a choice of investor.
It may seem easy but it is not until you do it when you realize how difficult it really is, now you say that people will do that with a smile in their faces if that means that they'll become rich if they are able to become successful at trading but you will be surprised by the amount of people that are not willing to make any effort no matter the rewards, you just need to view the forum, people asking for coins that will grow many times over instead of looking for those coins themselves.
sekop

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:41:23 AM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops, I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?
Graph analysis is very important to learn before you sell or buy coins. Graphs become guides and guidelines for that matter. Learn and understand the movement of the graph, you will find the answer to the next step you should do. I think the right thing to do right now is to keep your coin holding, with the opportunity that the market is currently cheap you can use to buy good coins. Then you hold all the coins you have until the market goes up. After that, it is up to you to sell or keep hold of the coins in the long run.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:49:05 AM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

The better strategy is of course looking into the charts with sharp eyes and technical analysis. But without these capabilities, you cannot make the greatest use of the charts. Holding is therefore a good alternative for you. With holding, however, the target is only the increase of the value of your portfolio, it is never the increase of the number of Bitcoins or Ethereum or Waves you have. 
jackjackfly

Activity: 322

To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:26:39 AM

There are three possibilities. You can hold if you do not need the urgent money because the speculated value will be as high as 1000$ for ETH and more than 20k$ for Bitcoin. The second possibility is that you should sell only if the worth of your portfolio is more than the cost you bore initially. The third thin is that you never know when will the prices fall again and you might need to wait for pretty long. Go with one!

Completely, I myself expect value for Ethereum and Bitcoin at these rates. But still, you know I don't keep Ethereum for long, as it is quite usable as the mean of payment, but this doesn't work for bitcoin, the commission is just too high, to make small transactions. Therefore I wish someone to make a coin which really can be used as payment for coffee  How do you think can Ripple or Nem do this?

Wanna tame crypto? Join our Cryptotamers community https://t.me/cryptotamers =)
hansbans

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:34:42 AM

The price of some coins is constantly falling down. So it is very difficult to sell at a higher price and buy it again at a lower price. Youu can make a lot of money if you can buy back lower Smiley

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: