Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:37:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower  (Read 1832 times)
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 07:27:12 PM

The price of some coins is constantly falling down. So it is very difficult to sell at a higher price and buy it again at a lower price. Youu can make a lot of money if you can buy back lower Smiley
You had a lot of opportunities to buy when the price was very low, you had weeks to get as much of your preferred coins for such ridiculous prices, now the prices have gone up a little bit but not too much so it is still a good opportunity for those that did not have the money, you will not catch the very bottom of the market but buying bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies at the current prices is still a bargain

we should see the current active pattern, if the downflow looks out of control then we should refrain from ordering until they get back the reflected price and return on active fluctuations, we can not buy altcoin if the downward trend is drastic, the lag time to provide an active buy order should you specify at a price that you think makes the most sense to be at a turning point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 08:41:36 PM

It actually depends on your strategy, some would just hold and sit on their investment because it might be too late to sell it since the bear market started months ago. You can either sell them and buy back when the market dips a lot.
What strategy would not be, every trader sells more expensively, but buys more cheaply. I think that these are irreplaceable rules for any trade.
ekin4

Activity: 663
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:58:02 PM

What if you can't buy back lower and actually you sold at the dip? I don't want to think that possibility but if I sell at dip and see Bitcoin to rise 100k USD I would be very mad. When I have no clue about where to go I hodl my coins. It's better to wait longer than to lose the chance of your life.
AngellSky

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:05:48 PM

What if you can't buy back lower and actually you sold at the dip? I don't want to think that possibility but if I sell at dip and see Bitcoin to rise 100k USD I would be very mad. When I have no clue about where to go I hodl my coins. It's better to wait longer than to lose the chance of your life.
today a little everyone becomes crazy, because everyone is already milking when the moment when Bitcoin rises to such high prices. You call a figure of 100,000 dollars, But this will be a Fantastic figure. But apparently it is possible, even real.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
yunusseymen16

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:08:59 PM

When price are high, hold more till its the highest then sell and wait for it to dump then buy again and hold. But with this strategy you must be very careful and focused and be able to use your guts. I' ve been successful with this but i also consider technical analysis and charts. I also monitor  as often as i can to understand the market strategies that best suit for my investments.
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:12:23 PM

If you know a coin is going to go down, then why not sell it and buy back at the lower price? It's one of the best strategies I use. It's basically a free way to increase your position in a coin. I've been doing this with XVG since back in December. Have already tripled my investment off of it.
cluelessjames

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:57:00 PM

If you know a coin is going to go down, then why not sell it and buy back at the lower price? It's one of the best strategies I use. It's basically a free way to increase your position in a coin. I've been doing this with XVG since back in December. Have already tripled my investment off of it.

Which is fine IF you KNOW  coin is going to go down, which I would guess the vast majority of people don't, including me.

Tried that, got burned.

Holding is the safer option if you feel confident that a coin is worth more than what it is currently valued at; just my opinion  Smiley
mahoni2100

Activity: 504
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:47:02 PM

graphs can give us information about something that gives us information about what has happened in the past but it is not very robust to work with graphics.

yoonah

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:58:08 PM

Agree! Those who waits will eventually win in the end not unless if you bought a coin that is obviously a shitcoin. But with bitcoin we know that it will go up so better wait for it to come than to sell on lose.

gempil

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 05:19:25 PM

Before defining and creating a strategy, the reference should be used graphically. Holding the coins is currently the most appropriate strategy and the best decision to make. By holding back, it means you have protected and saved your own money not to washed away due to the decline in market prices. Hold it for longer, then sell it if you feel you have enough of your capital back and already benefit. In addition, you can also take advantage of this situation to buy, then hold it along with your other coins.
tororoshka

Activity: 115

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:57:47 PM

I prefer a long-term investment strategy.
It may be more profitable to sell altcoins, and then buy at the fall, but I'm afraid not to catch the return train and then I will have to buy  more expensive than I sold.

will777

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:03:09 PM

I think when the graphics altcoin is down the better option is to sell it and buy it again when the altcoin price is down,. while the hold when the altcoin price charts go up.
minttop

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:26:26 PM

The main thing is the situation when you don't know when to sell and you're really thinking about that it wouldn't fall down
And in one day it would go far away from the desirable point
And that would be mistake
Try to sell not all of your coins
Try to amke some orders for sell but don't sell all of them
In both ways sowhere you will win, somewhere not
It's better then put all into one way and loose or win in all in
Devide your decision

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:32:48 PM

Actually the second variant is more profitable yet it's extremely risky and require big knowledge and experience both in holding and trading.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
hhk1045

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:41:34 PM

It depends on traders knowledge. I think that newbies should hold because there are many speculations in crypto and they can easily make mistakes. However, sell and buy back lower is more profitable but riskier.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:52:38 PM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

In my opinion holding is overrated you have to actively manage your investments, crypto is highly volatile. I'd say that in a bullmarket holding is just fine but not in a bear market. I sold everything off before shit hit the fan and I'm hearing stories everywhere of decimated portfolio's that are -70% or more. Unless you're willing to sit trough a bear market which can take years holding will work for you but if you care a little more about your investemnts and aren't sure if they will come out right then you're better of actively managing them. Having some more in-depth market knowledge sure can help.
It's exactly as you said, holding is only as good as a trader is able to baby sit it and it actually take some guts watching helplessly as one's portfolio nose dives. I personally would not stand for that because the trader in me knows that the market has a mind of its own and it's always safer to follow the dictates of the market than to be the one thinking for the market. Forget trading and especially  this approach, if you cannot as much as tell when a market reversal is brewing.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:50:38 AM

It depends on traders knowledge. I think that newbies should hold because there are many speculations in crypto and they can easily make mistakes. However, sell and buy back lower is more profitable but riskier.

Exactly, every one plan differently but you have given some good positive thought about the market, most of the people fail to buy when the price is falling. Trading is rosky and people should understand the risk and move according to the market circumstances.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
deredevil

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:26:31 AM

Better to hold the coins you have, and now buy more good coins, while the price is cheap. You can keep it in the long run to get bigger profits. Wait for the right time you sell your coins. But I suggest, do not ever sell out the coins you have. Always leave some of your coins, for your future investment assets.

wanglili1983

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:41:53 AM

It's really a good idea to sell low and buy low, but how can you make sure that you buy it at the lowest point, and there's a problem that you can't ignore, and how do you calculate the fees?
rosered

Activity: 124
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:31:00 AM

Holding or selling depends on what the price is, and if it's right I'll sell it. And when it goes down I buy it back, and I go back and forth.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™ (https://uncloak.io/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: