Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:30:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or sell and buy back lower  (Read 1832 times)
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:46:46 AM

I really don't know if it can go any lower
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:48:17 AM

It really seems to me to choose the right strategy and stick to it. Do not give in to the spontaneous desire to buy when rising and selling when falling.
I agree with this, we need to stick with a strategy, there are many people that begin with the right strategy and then they decide that they want more profits or that this is taking simply too long and they decide to become traders when they do not have the knowledge or the experience to do it, we have seen many example of this in the forum of people that held for sometime and then they got rid of their coins.
Lerosaeyan6

Activity: 375

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:24:34 AM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

I prefer to hold altcoin and so I am sure by holding for a long time we can also see the profits and if the altcoin price is back I will sell my altcoin and can get a good profit and can buy altcoin back

Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:30:51 AM

Sometimed I do that. If the coin decrease I will sell the coin and wait the price to decrease more and buy again. But it is very risky because what if the coin you sell increase the price fastly. Thry have advatanges and disadvantages to trader if they do that. So if you want safe you just hold your coin and wait the price to increase again or other option is to buy more coin.
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Prontapay

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:57:03 AM

Asking myself this question since first alt crash,and keep regreting.Think to late now for sale.Btc is more and more stable.Another few month and might be in flat,what will give alts some time to recover.Another btc bull run can be expected as well

Beldon

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:39:36 AM

i agree with you that technical analys can help you to predict the coins trend. But, it is not exact 100% because the cryptocurrency is a new market and it is not perpect. Its actiity depend on the information too much. Beside using charts and models, you also need to hunt the news in the market.
That's right what you say. We all will not be able to only rely on technical analysis because this crypto market every day there is always the latest information. And we all should always monitor the new news contained in the market. We must actively see the state of the market so as not to miss the new news.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
dolanneksawah

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:29:57 AM

I sold everything off before shit hit the fan and I'm hearing stories everywhere of decimated portfolio's that are - 50% or more. Unless you're willing to sit trough a bear market which can take years holding will work for you but if you care a little more about your investemnts and aren't sure if they will come out right then you're better of actively managing them. Having some more in-depth market knowledge sure can help.
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:32:53 AM

i agree with you that technical analys can help you to predict the coins trend. But, it is not exact 100% because the cryptocurrency is a new market and it is not perpect. Its actiity depend on the information too much. Beside using charts and models, you also need to hunt the news in the market.
if it is a lot of money , i will not believe in the trend forecast . there are too many factors that affect the price of encryption . the best strategy is to hold it for the long term .

we cant take action on time in these markets.
whales are playing so easily in same coins. instead of buy low sell high, we fall in reverse position and buy high sell low.
itrade777

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:40:13 AM

If you have the willingness to study the technical side of the charts it will be huge advantage. You can anticipate quick profits and prevent loses. But the technical analysis is for the experienced traders and it molds years by years so it is not gonna be easy.
TommyAMD

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:48:27 PM

To actively manage their investments and not be in a situation where your investment in alcony made the most minimal peaks, it is necessary to analyze the situation and the stock market as a whole.
doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:13:39 PM

To actively manage their investments and not be in a situation where your investment in alcony made the most minimal peaks, it is necessary to analyze the situation and the stock market as a whole.
Generally, it is very difficult to do the analysis, especially that everything turned out effectively. in any case, you can pay attention to the rating of altcoyin, and thus avoid the risk.
renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:48:06 PM

Until February 2018, the best option was hold. Now the market has a lot of new coins that pour all the investment.
Roni116

Activity: 269
Merit: 1

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:04:04 PM

Hi so do people think it's worth learning chart tracking, technical analysis in order to sell and buy back Lower to increase my position. With all of these recent drops I feel I'm wasting opportunities because I've been told it's always better to hold. I value this strategy but would it not also be beneficial to maybe think about looking at some charts?

Right now I choose to hold because I think it is still time to hold, I believe for the future the market can improve and I will be patient to get the benefits that I target.

[ Soil.co ]
───────────[  Earn USDT/USDC | Up to 14% Passive Income ]───────────
TontomHit

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:29:00 PM

If you can see a pretty clear sign, that it goes lower, surely it is better to sell, and buy back, when cheaper. But good trading skills are needed for that.

AliveBuda

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:05:26 PM

The cryptocurrency market is super volatile. I suppose holdin - isn't much effective strategy here. The chart moves by hours, even minutes. You can have some profit only by holding really promissing coins, like PTM. On the other hand, actively trading, or so they say, day trading, is much more effective. There is a big risk in day trading but also a promise of much bigger profits.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:07:12 PM

I think you're sorry to see some altcoin at low prices and suddenly rise high. while you are holding an altcoin that has not gone up yet. if you have the capital, it is good to buy at a low price, but if your capital has run out, I suggest you keep your altcoin and stay patient. and wait for the price to come back again to the moon.
AliveBuda

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:20:18 PM

The fundamental truth we have to follow in trading is selling them when the price is very high and buy them when their prices are low.
But people will differently when they approach trading, instead of buying them at low, they will start buying them at very high and start thinking crypto is a shady one. When we are doing we have to follow some strong ethics in order to control ourselves.
rxkinglampung

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

Kerja Cerdas

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:41:44 PM

sometimes it is necessary for us to sell the assets and then buy them back at a cheaper price.
But it all depends on our trading management. I recommend to all beginner traders before starting trading, you must first have trading management, so risk of bankruptcy can be avoided.
Currently a lot of all the tutorials or references making trading management on the internet, you can search it through google.

❐ VoxelX   ❐   
███ VoxelX- It's not an idea, it's a BETA  product ███
The Blockchain Powered Medical DICOM-Platform
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:46:15 PM

For me as a trader  if my coins goes down i will sell it and i do buy again if the price will falling so that i will avoid losing my capital. That are best thing we can do as trader sell if you have small profit then buy again if the price get lower.
hekimogluburaketem

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:50:17 PM

When price are high, hold more till its the highest then sell and wait for it to dump then buy again and hold. But with this strategy you must be very careful and focused and be able to use your guts. I' ve been successful with this but i also consider technical analysis and charts. I also monitor  as often as i can to understand the market strategies that best suit for my investments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: