Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:44:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone here work at one of the “Windows Tech Support” scam call centers?  (Read 97 times)
Toughit (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 197

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:01:22 AM

With over a million users the odds are high that someone works in one of the 'Windows Virus" scam centers.

I just had my 3rd call in the last two weeks from the “Windows Tech Support”  center.  It seems that my computer ‘is full of viruses’ again, and they needed access to my computer to fix it.

Sometimes I play along, like asking them how they could know, and what is my IP (192.blah.blah) they always say.

Then I ask them why they work in a scam call center and surprisingly they insist they are not a scam and continue to push.

Depending on my mood, I might just hang up, but when I’m feeling good I like to play.  I usually start insulting them with the worst things I can think of like questioning their moms choice of a husband (donkey or mule).  Sometimes they hang in there for a while.

The best one was a guy speaking fairly clear English, I asked him what kind of a f*ing a*hole he was, he replied “I’m the kind of f*ing a*hole that calls you every week for the last 6 months”.  I started laughing and hung up the phone.

The one last night was a woman, she held up for a good 3 min taking my increasing insults, insisting the whole time that it was not a scam.

So,,,two questions:
1)   Whats your favorite way to mess with them
2)   Have any of you worked in one of these scam centers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: