Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammer Threads Being Made  (Read 698 times)
CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:49:03 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2013, 12:44:47 PM by CaptChadd

Hi all,

I have noticed over the past few weeks that I now have two open scammer theads with my name in the title.

The first one about BBQcoin was made by a user with a post count of 2 and the other thread started by a user with a trust rating of -7.

Now I have been on this forum since July 2012 and was involved in Crypto-Currency's long before that and I have not scammed anyone, at all.

The BBQcoin scammer thread made by the OP with a post count of 2 doesn't even know what he is talking about as he does not even know the facts, I have not a clue why he though that his second post on this forum should be a scammer thread and I thought users were stuck in the newbie zone until 10 posts anyway.

That issue is between myself and Bigduab which is being sorted. Just because a website does not redirect how on earth does that mean I am a scammer.

The second issue is more realistic and I can understand where users have thought I might be scamming as I do run the scryptasic.org website and I do this for the company behind it has they only work 5 minutes down the road from me but I am not directly involved in their company or hardware development.

I am taking a risk by doing this and I know that, as this company might not produce the goods and the fact that they are listed on Cryptostocks but this does not make me a scammer.

I have not scammed anyone out of any money or anything what so ever and there is no proof that I have, due to the fact that I honestly haven't.

I am working hard with Extremecoin which has a lot of supporters and miners and I don't want random scammer threads to effect a coin that they have all invested time and money into.

Please, in future, if you are thinking about posting in a scammer thread or starting one about me, PM me first about the issue, its just common decency.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 07:13:53 PM

I vouch for Dave!
bigdaub

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:48:20 PM

hat issue is between myself and Bigduab which is being sorted. Just because a website does not redirect how on earth does that mean I am a scammer.

I can vouch that CaptChadd has been very cooperative. He has even taken extra steps to update bbqcoin.org with a post on the front page. The download link also points to the correct source. He has removed his BBQCoin github repo to avoid confusion. We are discussing the possibilty of me purchasing bbqcoin.org to avoid any future confusion. CaptChadd did not have to do any of these things but has done them voluntarily. CaptChadd has been honest and professional and is not a scammer. 
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2013, 10:00:28 PM

I guess this is also a coincidence as well? Huh Huh

Found 16 domains hosted on the same web server as scryptasic.org (192.254.232.38).
alltimebestmusic.com
bbqcoin.org
captchadd.co.uk

centervilletreenlandscape.com
crimecoin.org
exterminatingcoinc.com
gennyexteriorsal.com
impactplumbingtx.com
jkshomeimpr.com
ramosroofs.com
royalcoin.net
scooterstile.com
scryptasic.org
sixteenventures.com
sobolikexcavation.com
sokpinter.com

Wow, what are the odds...

CaptChadd (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 10:22:37 PM

I guess this is also a coincidence as well? Huh Huh

Found 16 domains hosted on the same web server as scryptasic.org (192.254.232.38).
alltimebestmusic.com
bbqcoin.org
captchadd.co.uk

centervilletreenlandscape.com
crimecoin.org
exterminatingcoinc.com
gennyexteriorsal.com
impactplumbingtx.com
jkshomeimpr.com
ramosroofs.com
royalcoin.net
scooterstile.com
scryptasic.org
sixteenventures.com
sobolikexcavation.com
sokpinter.com

Wow, what are the odds...

I have never had anything to do with the royalcoin.net dev team, I just saw that the domain was free and registered it. I thought that the devs might want to buy it off me one day.

Is that a bad thing?

I have registered 100's of domain's this year alone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: