Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:55:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter is coming?  (Read 497 times)
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:08:17 AM

Not very high volume not in very proper time. Why they sold everything on panic sell on the bottom when everything start to recover? IMHO they just trying to manipulate market:( Most people just follow the trend selling their BTC in red candle this effect gives multiplication to big portion of sold in one piece BTC -  everybody waits for bad news when they see this.

Cryptodaddy05

Activity: 252
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:08:39 AM

I think the anaysis and conclusion in the article of Cointelegraph are rather interesting, as it shows less of an impact of the Mt Gox selling
on the Bitcoin price then was first assumed by many. Basicly it turns out to form a lessor factor in the current longterm downtrend.

This longterm downtrend was anticipathed by many traders ahead of the actual start of the downtrend, only to those new
to the market it all came as a large shock, somehow they got the impression that Bitcoin price would not suffer any longterm
price corrections and would just go straight to the $50.000

With regards to the title of this thread, i think i would have named it : Winter has arrived

Interesting read indeed, and not a bad analysis of the analysis. Like you said, a lot of decently relevant people did say we should prepare for the winter. I recall very well that Charlie Lee in the same week that Litecoin hit its all time high, Tweeted that people should not have short memories. He warned that anyone who had enough years should be happy that crypto was up, but should also be prepared for LTC to dash down to $20 again. Everything happens in cycles. And we should be well prepared for a long winter.

Yet many people criticised Charles Lee and hated him for that, time is proving him right once again.

I don't know how long this bear market will last but it could be well years. 2013 growth was followed by years of sideways, declines and pain

Yes I was having a detailed look at the 2013 year in crypto today - Coinbase established, the first ICO in July 13 for MasterCoin and the birth of LiteCoin as well as another 90 odd new coins released that were mostly scams, and the 9,500% run up of bitcoin from $13 to an ATH of $1,130 on Nov 29 2013 before it crashed 80% in a jagged fashion. And yes it might do well to remember now that bitcoin sat around $250 for all of 2014, and then around $200 for the first 9 months of 2015 before it rose to $400 in the last quarter - and then slowly rose through 2016 to end the year at ~$1,000. So people who bought bitcoin at $1,130 in November 2013 were still underwater over three years later in December 2016!

As Charlie Lee tweeted we should not have a short memory, and we should not forget the past! I believe the charts and demographics suggest bitcoin should revisit its ATH of $19,000 in Dec last year by the end of this year - but I am mindful that history shows that bitcoin may still be priced under that ATH in three years time at the end of 2020! As is emphasised over and over when you join the cryptocurrency investing world, it’s important advice to - “Don’t invest more than you can afford to lose!”.

Hello to Viper 🐍 - sorry Viser & Kavad 🍺
faatipoke

Activity: 321

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:48:52 AM

I agree that winter has just started, we have a couple of months before spring. There are a lot of uncertainity in the market. Mt.gox issue is the first, high increase in one year is another. Most early buyers are still taking profits and I am expecting another leg down.
Regulations and technical problems in bitcoin is still a problem, and we need to see more real life use of cryptocurrency as soon as the enthusiasm is over.

minerthing

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:19:55 PM

I agree that winter has just started, we have a couple of months before spring. There are a lot of uncertainity in the market. Mt.gox issue is the first, high increase in one year is another. Most early buyers are still taking profits and I am expecting another leg down.
Regulations and technical problems in bitcoin is still a problem, and we need to see more real life use of cryptocurrency as soon as the enthusiasm is over.

I fully share all your words.

The real crux is the integration between criptocoin-real life
Zverek

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:39:53 PM

Studying every day a lot of material related to Bitcoin, because all the coins follow it, I am increasingly convinced that 2018 will be difficult for the cryptocurrency, and it is possible that we may not see those numbers in the price of bitcoin that everyone talked about at the end of 2017! But in any case, we can still earn even in this not stable market.
yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:05:59 AM

Wow...i just read and get this info and probably this bear market os really because mt gox trustee selling their bitcoin. As far as i know they have 200k btc and if they sold 64k its mean they still have 130k btc to dump. We will see $5000 in the near futures and  we will bounce to arround $7000. 200k on them can make a dip but still can not make btc death. Dont panic !!! If you want to hold. Hold your btc tight untill the end of 2021 or if you new to this buy btc gradually dont go all in.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:52:13 AM

This may seem offtop, but ... it's snowing today, getting colder. And this is the 2-nd half of March. Seriously, now there are no prerequisites for the spring of crypto, except that prices have fallen significantly)

starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:01:43 AM

There's still a lot remaining to be sold off but the price they're reported to be wanting to sell at is around ~$10,000 and this would be occurring later this year when the market should be able to absorb most of the dumping

lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:53:29 AM

There's still a lot remaining to be sold off but the price they're reported to be wanting to sell at is around ~$10,000 and this would be occurring later this year when the market should be able to absorb most of the dumping
Absolutely sure with you. According to technical analysis I think we will reach $ 10K mostly $ 12K in the middle of June and then will drop to $ 3K my be lower. This year will be only flat. recovery will start only next year.
Manyak

Activity: 167

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:54:17 PM

Saw this article that show how Mt Gox's trustee trades had an impact that moved the market from Dec 2017 till Feb 2018.

Transactions on exchanges:
Sales #1 (2017-12-22) - 6000 BTC
Sales #2 (2018-01-17) - 8000 BTC
Sales #3 (2018-02-07) - 4000 BTC
Sales #4 (2018-02-08) - 4000 BTC
Sales #5 (2018-02-09) - 10000 BTC

66,344 BTC remaining for Kobayashi to liquidate.

Does this mean BTC (and all other crypto) going to drop further?

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/effects-of-mt-gox-trustees-400-mln-sale-on-bitcoin-market
Maybe yes but dont lost our hope and pray it for increasing the BTC . we know the fact that this is only know about him but we dont know the future so dont panic it is not good but i know btc will never been die .
BabyBoss

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:04:31 PM

Saw this article that show how Mt Gox's trustee trades had an impact that moved the market from Dec 2017 till Feb 2018.

Transactions on exchanges:
Sales #1 (2017-12-22) - 6000 BTC
Sales #2 (2018-01-17) - 8000 BTC
Sales #3 (2018-02-07) - 4000 BTC
Sales #4 (2018-02-08) - 4000 BTC
Sales #5 (2018-02-09) - 10000 BTC

66,344 BTC remaining for Kobayashi to liquidate.

Does this mean BTC (and all other crypto) going to drop further?

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/effects-of-mt-gox-trustees-400-mln-sale-on-bitcoin-market
Hope it will not going to drop more. I still believe that Christmas and New year are the best time to sell bitcoin so hold on no matter what.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:13:13 PM

Absolutely sure with you. According to technical analysis I think we will reach $ 10K mostly $ 12K in the middle of June and then will drop to $ 3K my be lower. This year will be only flat. recovery will start only next year.
According to the latest trend of bitcoin and i think we will still at the stable area. If the bitcoin can't break $8k barrier and it will be so difficult to reach another barrier in the future.
I believe at the last year bitcoin will try to recover itself and we will go to the moon. In fact there is a lot of good news are coming to the crypto space especially from US.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄