Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:56:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To all Miners and basically anyone looking at this area!  (Read 3817 times)
crudpuppy (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:47:08 AM

Guess what...
Mining isn't making most folks a lot of money.
Do I care?  NO
I mine cause I can and cause I like to play with stuff and it makes me smile when my lil expensive no ROI USB miners light up and I can think I just made a fraction of a penny! 
I do it cause its fun addictive and a hobby/obsession.
Yes I GPU mine on scrypt of course cause doesn't make sense to do it on BTC since there are better ways not cause of the money.
Crypto currencies are neat fun immensely challenging to completely understand and at least speculatively aren't going anywhere for a long time.
Maybe its a dot com bubble maybe its not don't care.  So  unless someone asks about making money:
DO NOT say you wont make ROI
DO NOT say buy bitcoins instead
or any of the other junk.  Not all of us care about the money  though it does add to it.  If they are asking about profits then sure go ahead.  Otherwise just answer their question and move on!

Those that are in it for the money yes its a risk technically you could make ROI, You could go broke, or even could make tons of money with a 10ghs miner if BTC jumps to 1000 per btc in a month who knows this is a risk and investment or just a hobby, or addiction for some :-)

Time and money goes into this but hey no more then I sink into video games etc that has no return at all. If you cared so much about ROI then why did you buy the big screen TV?  Why did you get that really nice car/truck/suv(especially that suv!)?  Get it?  If so good if not oh well. 

And let the rants back at me begin...lol.  I'll read em and prolly ignore :-)

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:55:12 AM

Good rant. Well said!

The fact that I'm making money with my cards is interesting, but it's mostly a fun hobby

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
hulk

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 09:35:05 AM

Guess what...
Mining isn't making most folks a lot of money.
Do I care?  NO
I mine cause I can and cause I like to play with stuff and it makes me smile when my lil expensive no ROI USB miners light up and I can think I just made a fraction of a penny! 
I do it cause its fun addictive and a hobby/obsession.
Yes I GPU mine on scrypt of course cause doesn't make sense to do it on BTC since there are better ways not cause of the money.
Crypto currencies are neat fun immensely challenging to completely understand and at least speculatively aren't going anywhere for a long time.
Maybe its a dot com bubble maybe its not don't care.  So  unless someone asks about making money:
DO NOT say you wont make ROI
DO NOT say buy bitcoins instead
or any of the other junk.  Not all of us care about the money  though it does add to it.  If they are asking about profits then sure go ahead.  Otherwise just answer their question and move on!

Those that are in it for the money yes its a risk technically you could make ROI, You could go broke, or even could make tons of money with a 10ghs miner if BTC jumps to 1000 per btc in a month who knows this is a risk and investment or just a hobby, or addiction for some :-)

Time and money goes into this but hey no more then I sink into video games etc that has no return at all. If you cared so much about ROI then why did you buy the big screen TV?  Why did you get that really nice car/truck/suv(especially that suv!)?  Get it?  If so good if not oh well. 

And let the rants back at me begin...lol.  I'll read em and prolly ignore :-)

Well, this is consider a good hobby, much better then people in WOW for 16 hours a day... Smiley

Leehoya

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 10:50:09 AM

Same, I buy GH at cex.io to have the fun of helping bitcoin economy and have the sense of accomplishment.

posormo

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:30:08 PM

Your so right, heck with any profits.  To support the cause I have 2 ASICMiner blades you can have for 5 BTC each.  Let me know where to send them.

crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:15:46 PM

Your so right, heck with any profits.  To support the cause I have 2 ASICMiner blades you can have for 5 BTC each.  Let me know where to send them.

Lol Didn't say I like wasting money nor that I have a ton of it :-)  I mean paying 100 for something that you can get for 10 is different then spending money on something fun to do at its going rate!

timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:26:01 PM

When you move out of your mommy and daddy's house and start PAYING YOUR OWN rent, utility bills, food, car payment, insurance, gasoline, etc....

THEN you'll learn something about how important money is and how getting no ROI is stupid.  All the cool blinky lights in the world won't fill the gas tank to get to work next week!
crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:09:28 PM

LMAO I'm 33 years old live in my own home with my 2 kids as I'm a single father raising 2 kids. 

I do projects of various tech stuff all the time from media centers on LMCE to video camera setups with zoneminder.  None of them have a ROI but were fun to setup and do. 

Again read the post not everyone does this for money thus doesn't care about ROI its just a bonus that we make money out of it.  Even if its not what we spent on it!

crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 11:11:47 PM

Oh and if you are mining for profit or ROI or to make money period guess what your not making money so maybe you should rethink trying to basically say I'm young and ahem...lacking in experience as we shall put it nicely.

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:42:01 AM

You guys should read the OP again and again, until you get the point  Roll Eyes

If you are a "professional" miner, this thread (out of thousands in this forum) isn't even for you anyway.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:41:56 AM

Nope this thread was for those of us that just like this stuff and are tired of seeing ROI this and ROI that and Don't mine buy bitcoins instead stuff all the time.  But that in and of itself is kinda directed at those "professional miners" lmao that are the ones saying it :-)

fattypig

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 07:53:09 AM

Nope this thread was for those of us that just like this stuff and are tired of seeing ROI this and ROI that and Don't mine buy bitcoins instead stuff all the time.  But that in and of itself is kinda directed at those "professional miners" lmao that are the ones saying it :-)

I think professional miners are making negative ROI too. The only one that make positive ROI is the company that make ASIC cause they have really low cost and they mine immediately.

razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 09:18:44 AM

LMAO I'm 33 years old live in my own home with my 2 kids as I'm a single father raising 2 kids.  

I do projects of various tech stuff all the time from media centers on LMCE to video camera setups with zoneminder.  None of them have a ROI but were fun to setup and do.  

Again read the post not everyone does this for money thus doesn't care about ROI its just a bonus that we make money out of it.  Even if its not what we spent on it!

Fixing the bloke's computer next door  is hardly 'tech stuff' and with a couple of kid's I would have thought you would be doing more valuable things with your time
Just a tip..... ROI is not a 'bonus' it is a fundamental requirement of any business and that includes the business of life.....

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:25:55 AM

My old lady has a poor ROI, I got rid of her. She was fun while she lasted
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:31:59 AM

Are you a sockpuppet from ASICMINER or something?
If i want to mine and never make ROI i can use my 6 years old gpu. I don't have to give my coins to ASICMINER to do it...

fattypig

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 01:16:16 PM

Are you a sockpuppet from ASICMINER or something?
If i want to mine and never make ROI i can use my 6 years old gpu. I don't have to give my coins to ASICMINER to do it...

Haha agree, and you can just call it a stop any-time you want too.

bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 02:37:11 PM

Same, I buy GH at cex.io to have the fun of helping bitcoin economy and have the sense of accomplishment.

Here's what you have accomplished: you just made some a$$hole rich by buying overpriced mining gear.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:05:41 PM

I do projects of various tech stuff all the time from media centers on LMCE to video camera setups with zoneminder.  None of them have a ROI but were fun to setup and do.  

Again read the post not everyone does this for money thus doesn't care about ROI its just a bonus that we make money out of it.  Even if its not what we spent on it!

Fixing the bloke's computer next door  is hardly 'tech stuff' and with a couple of kid's I would have thought you would be doing more valuable things with your time
Just a tip..... ROI is not a 'bonus' it is a fundamental requirement of any business and that includes the business of life.....

First read my post or don't comment and if you don't understand don't comment...lol LMCE and zoneminder are hardly fixing the neighbors computer...lol. Both are Linux based projects that require a good bit of setup to fully implement especially with varying hardware etc.

Second.  ROI for the business of life is a VERY tricky thing.  Put a price on your happiness?Huh

crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:06:43 PM

My old lady has a poor ROI, I got rid of her. She was fun while she lasted

lmao I have 2 ex-wives.  But like they say its cheaper to keep her.  Only problem with that is your sanity!

Oldgamer

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:21:11 PM

I'll read em and prolly ignore :-)
I agree with what you are saying, except that this last line is obviously lie :-)
Otherwise why bother to answer.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: