Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To all Miners and basically anyone looking at this area!  (Read 3817 times)
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:50:28 PM

I am solely motivated by money (with certain exceptions).  I don't do something unless I think I have a good chance of making a profit.  There are things I want to do for the achievement, but even those things require money in the meantime, so again, if doesn't pay, it's not worth my time and effort.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crudpuppy (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:18:45 PM

I am solely motivated by money (with certain exceptions).  I don't do something unless I think I have a good chance of making a profit.  There are things I want to do for the achievement, but even those things require money in the meantime, so again, if doesn't pay, it's not worth my time and effort.

How sad a life you live.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:20:50 PM

I'll read em and prolly ignore :-)
I agree with what you are saying, except that this last line is obviously lie :-)
Otherwise why bother to answer.

Well yeah the insults and just so idiotic its funny comments turned out harder to ignore then I thought when writing the OP...hehe

MTBmanTT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: The new Wild West

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:22:06 PM

Motivated by money and greed- tragic life

BTC: 15EsnLVpCqAKMC59hm5BUYvTLMWXxmwh2D http://scrypt.cc?ref=babi4 LTC: LYgXWLpzQUjWXAHtc7ouMbf83pBTPsGfVG
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 03:10:39 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 02:11:24 PM by timk225

Not really. I have things I want to do that are great achievements all on their own even without money being a factor.  

BUT -- in order to do those things I need to go places and do other things, and THOSE things require money.  So in the end, it comes down to having money, therefore thusly therefore my goal is to get money now in the hopes that I may achieve later.

See?  It's pretty clear to me.

Some rich greedy bastard who hoards all his cash and does nothing with it, now that is a different story.  People like the Wal-Mart owners who are worth 25 BILLION each and profit off cheap foreign labor and pay American workers minimum wage - now THAT is a problem.
crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 05:54:10 PM

Timk

You changed your story a bit but ok.  You said you were soley motivated by money and that is sad now saying for now you are sacrificing anything non paying for a later in life big "thing" is different.  As far as that is concerned Earn now live later or live life as it comes I said live life as it comes no telling if there will be a tomorrow man.  You could be driving down the road right now and be killed!  Thus why I take a different approach the amount of drama I've dealt with in my life due to 2 ex-wives gives me a bit of a different perspective I guess though.  Enjoy what moments you get don't waste em for a later payoff!

justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:16:16 PM

I think it's great that you are mining for fun and don't care about profit. Selflessly contributing, to help the network and to spread it around. Sacrificing for the likes of Butterfly Labs etc.  Cheesy
Exdeus

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:33:54 AM

Having Passion will make you ROI every time.  

► FREE Cryptocurrency◄ ♦ FREE Cryptocurrency  ♦ ►  FREE Cryptocurrency◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Click HERE For FREE DOGE   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:50:33 PM

i mine with a bitfury system for a few reasons:
1) its fun and techie and a bit of a hobby to overclock them (same way people overclock a cpu with nitrogen if only for 5minutes of benchmarking)
2) bitfury is one of the best W/GH available now or in the coming 2-8 difficulty rises (0.8w/GH at 1.7GH up to about 1.6w/GH at 2.7GH) vs KNC as the closest competitor. Bitfury will long out-run BFL/avalon/asicminer (gen 1 and 2!) when difficulty starts to plateau
3) i actually expect to make back most or all of my money in bitcoins (granted, could probably have bought coins at the time and made more profit, but i paid via CC and at the time the difficulty rise seemed less intense)

At current bitcoin price, I will probably break even on my $1750 investment that has mined about 4-5BTC already and is now running at 78-80GH/s (anticipated income of another 6-8 BTC in the next 4-6 months). depending when we see a plateau it may even be more *cross fingers*. but for right now, i enjoy the tinkering and the overclocking as a hobby that becomes more stable every day!

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Oldgamer

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:10:07 AM

Not really. I have things I want to do that are great achievements all on their own even without money being a factor.  

BUT -- in order to do those things I need to go places and do other things, and THOSE things require money.  So in the end, it comes down to having money, therefore thusly therefore my goal is to get money now in the hopes that I may achieve later.

See?  It's pretty clear to me.

Some rich greedy bastard who hoards all his cash and does nothing with it, now that is a different story.  People like the Wal-Mart owners who are worth 25 BILLION each and profit off cheap foreign labor and pay American workers minimum wage - now THAT is a problem.
The biggest problem in America now is not a wallmart, but lazy people who want to have everything for free. Probably they should move to communist countries and try to live there.

crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 06:05:10 PM

All people American or otherwise have the same problem, Greed.  It is the trait that always does us in.  Americans are just especially good at being lazy about it and with the internet the idea of instant gratification comes in.  I'm web developer and the numbers of people asking about sites with some insane idea they can stick up a site and make money fast with no real work or money put in is just as common and bad as any of the so called mining misconceptions we see here.

Oldgamer

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 11:55:23 PM

All people American or otherwise have the same problem, Greed.  It is the trait that always does us in.  Americans are just especially good at being lazy about it and with the internet the idea of instant gratification comes in.  I'm web developer and the numbers of people asking about sites with some insane idea they can stick up a site and make money fast with no real work or money put in is just as common and bad as any of the so called mining misconceptions we see here.
i think your vision is very narrow. If you were working in hospital, you been thinking all Americans are sick and if you were working as a plumber you were thinking all Americans have plumber problems and so on. Also, to say all Americans lazy and greedy is an insult. Think about yourself more. Are not you greedy? Americans donate to other countries more money than any other country. True enough, new generation think about easy ways (that's why you mining bitcoins also), but again, not more than in other countries.

crudpuppy (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 04:25:53 AM

blah blah blah  - said I wouldn't respond so that is my retort :-)

i3lome

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 10:23:00 PM

Im american, I wish Greed was my problem. Im too busy being poor to hit the Greed Level.
hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 06:59:44 AM

The cost of running my miner is cheaper than the cost of running my furnace.

I break even with altcoin mining on electricity so I'm paying nothing to heat my apartment.
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:32:35 PM

Im american, I wish Greed was my problem. Im too busy being poor to hit the Greed Level.

Oh man - I 'm from Canada and I feel for you bud.  Try figuring out a way to sell stuff on ebay on the side =/ 

There's a lot of ways to make money...just start thinking how to do it. 

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Leehoya

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 12:43:29 PM

Same, I buy GH at cex.io to have the fun of helping bitcoin economy and have the sense of accomplishment.

Here's what you have accomplished: you just made some a$$hole rich by buying overpriced mining gear.
Too bad its starting to climb up. I can easily sell them and get more profit than what i originally invested with.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: