Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 04:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia...  (Read 218 times)
belford11 (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:24:11 PM

Cryptopia users in Cryptopia (New Zealand) were targeted by hacker attacks. From the users of the exchange, mass complaints about repeated attempts to break into private offices began to arrive. Account holders assume that criminals were able to access the list of e-mails to which user accounts are registered, and, possibly, steal passwords to them. According to the reports of the victims, attempts to log into their accounts have been performed from the IP addresses of the Russian Federation, Ukraine and the Czech Republic. Users who were more enterprising and protected their accounts using two-factor authentication, were not harmed.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1590

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:30:29 PM

Cryptopia users in Cryptopia (New Zealand) were targeted by hacker attacks. From the users of the exchange, mass complaints about repeated attempts to break into private offices began to arrive. Account holders assume that criminals were able to access the list of e-mails to which user accounts are registered, and, possibly, steal passwords to them. According to the reports of the victims, attempts to log into their accounts have been performed from the IP addresses of the Russian Federation, Ukraine and the Czech Republic. Users who were more enterprising and protected their accounts using two-factor authentication, were not harmed.

Is there any reliable source for this information. This forum has already a large load of messages with FUD, and I am not saying this is FUD, but it is not documented at all.

Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:31:05 PM

That is more reason accounts need to be protected with 2FA. There have been several attempts to hack so many accounts other other exchanges as well, but accounts locked with 2FA were protected. So many people these days, most especially those having accounts with funds should have learnt their lessons from different news around, most especially the news of hacking of accounts.
Link will also be appreciated please, so as to hold unto the truth.
Danica22

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:34:26 PM

Just want to know the source of this information. I've tried to log in my account to see if there's a news but I can't find it. If this is real, I will immediately pull-out all of my coins there.

renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:36:31 PM

I have not heard this news but I think cryptopia is vulnerable to hacking attacks, I would not hold coins in cryptopia. If this exchange will be target I don't think it can compete against hackers.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:35:57 PM

Several users have posted on Cryptopia subreddit that they are getting emails of failed log in attempt from a different IP. Those users are thinking that Cryptopia was hacked, but the community manager/mod assured that there has been no security breach nor hack within their system.

Enabling 2FA really helps in this kind of situation. Secure your account.

For those who are looking for source, just go : https://www.reddit.com/r/Cryptopia/
For the specific link of the community manager's post : Failed login attempt? Check haveibeenpwned.com

flashmark

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 03:51:40 PM

Cryptopia exchange uses PIN validation not 2FA(Google Authenticator or sms) validation. Comparing to other popular exchanges (Binance, Bittrex, Kucoin..etc) seems cryptopia exchange security is not that strong. Also cryptopia very popular among pumpers which I really don't like.
ibuddy122505

Activity: 1088
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 05:20:37 PM

I am a regular user of cryptopia exchange and need to write down Pin Code in term of pin validation so that I can access my account. I've notified a couple of times in the last few weeks, A failed logon attempt was detected from the following IP address: xxxxxxxxx but I didn't know that how crucial it will be as mentioned above.
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:24:00 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 02:44:10 PM by Darwin02

i also notice this , i think last day the hacker try to open my crytopia account 2x but failed to open it.also i already widraw all my funds there so im not so worried if the hacker can open it.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
.TOKEN SALE. Apr 16 2018
      .DAICO.      May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:30:56 PM

it could be, because recently the account on the exchange hitbtc belonging to my friend who was given a 2FA security got the news that someone came in
bitcoin.beda

Activity: 770

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:03:44 PM

Hi, kindly provide an article regarding it, as many news happening right now, we must be vigilant in providing information, as many right now are spreading rumors with no actual basis, which sometimes affect the market if these rumors were disseminate in many platforms.

We must always be vigilant as crypto industry, is in a wild ride.

quarkchain.io
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:14:43 PM

I also received a failed login notifications , a new IP address: 185.89.101.86
After I check this IP address, it also comes from Russia. warn those who are using crytopia should be very careful

Make me great again
TheCryptoChaser

Activity: 154
Merit: 25

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:32:13 PM

Thanks for the information. Everyone should be careful and use 2FA for sure. Do not use the same password for more than 2 accounts. Don't hold your coins in any exchange websites. Hold it in your secured wallet and pay gas fee to transfer to exchanges. It's way safer.  Wink
marcripto

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:04:30 PM

This is bad news. Cryptopia and all exchanges should try to protect their customers using the maximum security measures, because unfortunately this is a sector that really like hackers
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:10:37 PM

Oh, I also received a letter today that somebody wanted to enter my exchange cabinet, but Cryptopia blocked this possibility. I'm Ukraine.

kipozer

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:13:42 PM

I'm very sorry for this exchange and I'm very sorry for those who on this exchange had anything, because I heard that this exchange was hacked and now they break into accounts on these exchanges. I think that they still did not try very hard to get out of hacker attacks.
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:20:34 PM

Yeah, i can confirm i have failed login attempt from an ip of: 5.189.200.147
AshCoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:10:42 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 01:06:34 PM by AshCoins

I got an email today that someone was trying to access my Cryptopia account and Cryptopia locked it.  I looked up the IP and it was in South Korea.  Thank goodness for 2 factor level security...
flowdon

Activity: 340

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:27:18 AM

thanks for this info, and i am lucky. i enabled 2fa authentication. and i recommend, before you use any of trading site or exchanger muct use the 2nd level of security. and you have a peace of mind.

Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 08:21:51 AM

You believe that someone will be using real ip adress in process of hacking exchange:) ?  I think it can be any country:) and always use 2fa and check adress to avoid fising:)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: