Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:52:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: seniors were the reasons of this merit implementation?  (Read 324 times)
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 05:34:53 PM

I think it’s pretty clear that seniors obviously were, fortunately, the decision makers to implement the merit system, but not the drivers. The drivers were the surge of crappy posts all around, which provide no gain what so ever for the reader.

Hell, to read through the forum at times one has to develop a sixth sense so as not to waste their time on rubbish and focus on posts that are meaningful. Time is a limited resource and having to skim the cream from the milk is now easier thanks to the merit system.

By the way, I managed to amass seven sMerits just this weekend on four different posts from completely different sources. Not an easy feat nor a great one at that, but doable and proof that sMerit can be earned by getting your fingers onto the keyboard and not just typing mumble jumble.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:41:29 PM

I think it’s pretty clear that seniors obviously were, fortunately, the decision makers to implement the merit system,

Not really. It was purely a decision by the site administrator. This isn't a democracy or some hippy commune, it's private property that we are fortunate to be able to use. They make the rules, not us.

but not the drivers. The drivers were the surge of crappy posts all around, which provide no gain what so ever for the reader.

Hell, to read through the forum at times one has to develop a sixth sense so as not to waste their time on rubbish and focus on posts that are meaningful. Time is a limited resource and having to skim the cream from the milk is now easier thanks to the merit system.

I agree with that, it certainly is noticeable that it is starting to have the desired effect, but there is still a way to go.

By the way, I managed to amass seven sMerits just this weekend on four different posts from completely different sources. Not an easy feat nor a great one at that, but doable and proof that sMerit can be earned by getting your fingers onto the keyboard and not just typing mumble jumble.

Well done. There's a lot of similar examples, which is good to see.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
destinysaid

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

Help the needy, do the little things others ignore

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 06:18:18 AM

I think it’s pretty clear that seniors obviously were, fortunately, the decision makers to implement the merit system, but not the drivers. The drivers were the surge of crappy posts all around, which provide no gain what so ever for the reader.

Ok, so that 2 last point were a sort of inspiration to me. I felt beginners and help, would be a great place for me to grow, and it is really working well for me, learning from dudes like jetcash(seen him in many threads here).

As for the point one, its normal to see a surge in crappiness when there is a surge in money. Same thing happened on steemit around Nov, DEC and even till now.

The only solution is a drastic one that affects the source of the crappiness, which unfortunately most times, is the new intakes.

It pays if some or maybe a majority of these new intakes have had an experience like this before.

Like @thequin said, this is private property, and such any threat to their community will be dealt with the best way the feel is possible.

Be loyal to your innermost truth.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:26:41 AM

If people like you keep whingeing about competition over sig campaigns, they will ban all sig campaigns, and a bloody good job if they do.
Sigh. At a point I felt it was the right thing Theymos should do to restore sanity here. A 4-6 week pilot scheme experiment on this should do.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
leonair

Activity: 1218
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:36:09 AM

So this Merit System is all about high ranking members just like me? I think not. It's for the betterment of this forum no more no less, please stop thinking that this new system was made for new comers to taste the burden of what the old members did, The System is not perfect but at least it's working what supposed to be.

The one who posted this is a 'newbie' that maybe an old forum user who made a newly made account to post this subject as he/she was affected by this new System big time because I don't see any point why do a newbie will ask about this Merit System in the first place, if y'all know what I mean.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ilcapitano

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:19:10 AM

Hi PerMaLink,

I don't deny the fact that there are several shitty-higher-ranked members, who simply and fortunately ranked up and stood at their current positions due to old ranking system of the forum. They moved up to high ranks in the forum through their shitty posts in the past. Nevertheless, I think you should stop complaining about this issue. That is life. You have to accept that.

In addition, merit system will solve the problem. This is why the system created originally by forum admin, Theymos. As you stated, newcomers will be harder to rank up to Senior members and higher. That means over time, in the next one or two years we will see less shitty higher-ranked members in the forum.

Accept the fact, contribute to the forum and rank up, then help other lower ranked users.

★★★ BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer |BTC & BCH| FAST MIX | API | PGP PROOF | ESCROW ★★★
★ Tor and Clearnet mirrors | Payouts Every 60 seconds | Cheap 2% Service Fee | The Most Advanced Mixer | Discuss More
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:08:52 PM

His intention with this thread is pretty clear. He/she is using a newbie account to rage against a system that impacted his/her real account negatively. Most probably his/her primary account cannot rank up, because he/she cannot get merit to rank up.

Why else would you create a newbie account to blame senior members for the merit system?

My advice, do not use sockpuppet accounts to rage against others. If you get caught, both of your accounts will be banned and your IP blocked.

Just improve your post quality and you will receive your merit. You obviously have the skills, but you are using it in the wrong way.

Don't even bother. The guy is trying out some reverse psychology, hoping to get some Merit with his mad threads. Just look at his activity. Posts a new thread and doesn't even bother to look at the reactions. Hasn't been online since he OP'd. Didn't even read any of the replies.

Let's say he suffers from lack of attention.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:26:54 AM

So we're blaming senior members now for the merit system?

Take a look at most of the threads and see for yourself who's actually doing the "shitposting". Also, most newcomers here ain't following anyone. They follow the money from bounty campaigns. Honestly, the only people I see complaining about the new merit system are the people who don't know crap about bitcoin or cryptocurrencies in general for them to actually be rewarded by merits. -oops.

No, It is not related to Senior or Junior Members. It is related to anyone who posted shit posts just to get his rank improve or to get paid from the signature campaigns. I think overall this is good step and it will bring quality to this forum, although it may take some time before we see its true results.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: