Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:32:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any way to see what your post looks like before posting?  (Read 193 times)
timX5 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 09:08:50 PM

To have an announcement of any kind you really need to write it in this HTML format.  So, prior to posting it would be nice to see what your post actually looks like, once posted, specially if you are including links, images, tables.. so on.  Is there a way to do it?  Thank you!
Ryutaro

Activity: 202
Merit: 180

It's precious, protect it!

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 09:20:58 PM

When you're writing any reply there is a button named 'Preview' next to 'post' which does what you're asking for.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 09:28:23 PM

So, prior to posting it would be nice to see what your post actually looks like, once posted, specially if you are including links, images, tables.. so on.

Keep in mind that as a newbie you won't be able to some of the text formatting features (including images). You can lift some of these limitations by buying a Copper rank.
timX5 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 10:29:27 PM

When you're writing any reply there is a button named 'Preview' next to 'post' which does what you're asking for.
Hmm.. did not seem to work for me.  Will try again.  Thank you!
Ryutaro

Activity: 202
Merit: 180

It's precious, protect it!

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 10:41:22 PM
Merited by Upgrade00 (1)

Hmm.. did not seem to work for me.  Will try again.  Thank you!
It should work, you don't get directed to a new page, look carefully above 'Post reply' the preview should be there.
timX5 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 08:58:07 PM

So, prior to posting it would be nice to see what your post actually looks like, once posted, specially if you are including links, images, tables.. so on.

Keep in mind that as a newbie you won't be able to some of the text formatting features (including images). You can lift some of these limitations by buying a Copper rank.

Thank you.  This was very helpful! I just bought copper rank. I dont want to load you up with my questions, but if by any chance you'd know the limitations on image posting size or any other limitations I would greatly appreciate it.  The image I am trying to post is not going through, prob because of its size. I get an error message "invalid image".  The image is hosted by an image site. I looked everywhere in "Help" can not find any guideline.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 6991

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 09:05:40 PM

Thank you.  This was very helpful! I just bought copper rank. I dont want to load you up with my questions, but if by any chance you'd know the limitations on image posting size or any other limitations I would greatly appreciate it.  The image I am trying to post is not going through, prob because of its size. I get an error message "invalid image".  The image is hosted by an image site. I looked everywhere in "Help" can not find any guideline.
Are you sure you are using the right URL? Does it end with the image extension name? (ex: .png or .jpg). You need to use the image direct link.

Post the link you are trying to use here.

Btw, the size limit for images is 2.5mb;

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 09:08:54 PM

Thank you.  This was very helpful! I just bought copper rank. I dont want to load you up with my questions, but if by any chance you'd know the limitations on image posting size or any other limitations I would greatly appreciate it.  The image I am trying to post is not going through, prob because of its size. I get an error message "invalid image".  The image is hosted by an image site. I looked everywhere in "Help" can not find any guideline.

You have to use links that lead to the image file itself.
Code:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Bitcoin_logo.svg/1280px-Bitcoin_logo.svg.png

You have 2.5MB of size limitation. If you have more questions, just ask.

TryNinja already explained it well enough. I suggest you to read this first https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0
You'll find many answers to your questions.

timX5 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 10:05:05 PM

You have to use links that lead to the image file itself.
Code:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Bitcoin_logo.svg/1280px-Bitcoin_logo.svg.png

You have 2.5MB of size limitation. If you have more questions, just ask.

Ok.  Let me see if I can at least post the same image.. 

TryNinja already explained it well enough. I suggest you to read this first https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1689727.0
You'll find many answers to your questions.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 6991

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 10:11:52 PM

Is this the link you are trying to use?

https://www.canva.com/design/DADf3gzBFKk/view

From this post of yours: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5166280
Code:
Where do I find a guideline on what the rules are in image posting?  Thank you!
[img]https://www.canva.com/design/DADf3gzBFKk/view[/img]

Like I said, you need the direct link to the image. But the above isn't even a image. It's a background image (of the sneakers) with a text above it (a design you made on Canva, but didn't export it as PNG or JPG).

You probably need to export the image from Canva first. See this: https://support.canva.com/publish/download/download-right-file-type/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1331

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2019, 10:16:53 PM

As I know, images is probably text formatting restriction for newbies. Maybe I don't know something?
I see that sometimes newbies can't post links. Their link is being replaced with "suspicious link removed" warning, but don't know ehen exactly it happens.

OP, it seems that you also need to learn how to quote messages properly. When you quote post, you should write your text at very bottom, under [/quote] tag. Also, when you quote post with images, it would be best to remove [img] tags and just leave link to the image.

timX5 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 10:36:06 PM

Is this the link you are trying to use?

https://www.canva.com/design/DADf3gzBFKk/view

From this post of yours: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5166280
Code:
Where do I find a guideline on what the rules are in image posting?  Thank you!
[img]https://www.canva.com/design/DADf3gzBFKk/view[/img]

Like I said, you need the direct link to the image. But the above isn't even a image. It's a background image (of the sneakers) with a text above it (a design you made on Canva, but didn't export it as PNG or JPG).

You probably need to export the image from Canva first. See this: https://support.canva.com/publish/download/download-right-file-type/

Thank you for this very detailed answer!
timX5 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 10:36:41 PM

As I know, images is probably text formatting restriction for newbies. Maybe I don't know something?
I see that sometimes newbies can't post links. Their link is being replaced with "suspicious link removed" warning, but don't know ehen exactly it happens.

OP, it seems that you also need to learn how to quote messages properly. When you quote post, you should write your text at very bottom, under
tag. Also, when you quote post with images, it would be best to remove [img] tags and just leave link to the image.
[/quote]

Thank you!
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5604

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 02:24:27 AM

I tried to get the actual image link from that banner for you but it turns out that it's not directly linked but encrypted from the server to prevent unwanted downloads.
Also, the "Legi** challenge your peers - win D**" text wasn't written to the image (shoes), it's an overlay.

Just do this instead (! if canva allowed you to !):
  • Open the banner in full screen, then "print screen" (W10:Print Screen/W7 or others:Ctrl+PrintScreen)
  • For W10: Go to the Screenshot folder, usually under Photo Folder.
  • For W7: Get any random image and edit it using Windows Paint, then Press CTRL+V to paste the copied (CTRL+PrtScreen) image, save.
  • Upload it to imgur or any image sharing site, and get the direct URL that ends with an extension.
  • You can now post it to your thread.

BTW, for the OP (and other newbies), after pressing "preview" and saw that the texts are in the right format (excluding the images) you can just proceed and post it.
Now visit your profile page and click "Show the last post of this person" and your post should show like you're a Jr.Member+ with the images displayed (just in that page / given that you've linked the right format).

You're a copper member now, this wont make a difference now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████