Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:42:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnC Repairs, They've treated us well, let's do the same for them.  (Read 1754 times)
VossArtesian (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:01:25 AM

This is what i wrote to support after they told me that they do not  have an advanced RMA program.

What would be an estimated turnaround on that sort of service , and I assume all costs are covered by KnC.  Even 4 days without my unit  means I will never see an ROI so I hope your program can do a quicker turnaround than that. I propose a sort of BTC escrow program to be used in order to facilitate advanced RMA services to KnC customers. 

• 1.Customer contacts support about an issue, and support determines from SSH ing into the miner to confirm that there is a hardware defect.
  • 2.Once a hardware defect is confirmed by KnC or ORSoC then the customer can choose to either do a standard RMA, or
  • 3.Put up BTC in the value of the the chip being sent ( or more if deemed necessary), held in escrow by a trusted bitcointalk forum member.
  • 4.KnC confirms the escrowed transaction for the customer, and then sends a replacement chip to the customer.
  • 5. Upon delivery of replacement chip(s) the customer immediately returns the defective chip, in the packaging the replacement came in.
  • 6. KnC confirms reception of the defective chip in Sweden at the factory
  • 7. At this point the RMA is completed and the escrowed funds can be returned to the customer, who has had 0 downtime

Obviously it would be to the discretion of your engineers about confirming hardware defects. But with BTC in escrow, the risk of sending out chips to customers is mitigated, and practically guarantees that KnC will either receive the defective chip from the customer or retain the escrowed funds in the amount of the goods sent, removing risk from the situation almost entirely.

As I’ve said before I’ve had a wonderful experience with you guys so far, but to keep with the motto of under promise over deliver,  I have not been satisfied.  My unit was shipped a week late with a defect that caused it to max at ~100gh/s @157w   far below what was promised.  Here is your chance to over deliver, on those promises you made.  Help me get my unit back up to full speed, without having to deal with any downtime in the cutthroat game that is mining BTC.

I proposed the idea briefly on bitcointalk, and there was lots of customer support.  You guys have done great so far, and this really would be an opportunity over deliver, to stick it to the competition, put the customer first, and utilize one of the most useful, yet underutilized features of the bitcoin protocol.

my 2 mBTC 

please and thank you all for your wonderful service thus far.

I know they aren't going to create such a program based off this one email sent by a Batch 1 Mercury customer, but if this gets around enough we may be able to get what we want.  They've already surprised the market once

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 03:32:08 AM

I had to RMA a bad board in my Jupiter.  It took them forever to get a new board back to me.  They refused to mail a new one out until the old one was in their hands.  Tracking info proving it was on its way didn't help. 

So my Jupiter was only running at 3/4 of the speed for the previous two difficulties.  I spent $140 to get it shipped back to them ASAP.  They don't respond to any lost compensation requests.

Very VERY disappointed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: