Print  
Author Topic: Delete  (Read 822 times)
russaa8 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:44:07 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 07:54:00 AM by russaa8

Jesus H. Christ!  $28 for a single merit?  That's like the black market rate for a Suboxone strip, a similar crazy-ass markup (and no, I don't participate in either black market).  I'm stunned.

OP, there are trusted users here who can see pretty easily when merits are not being given in good faith, i.e., are being bought or exchanged between alt accounts, and these users (like actmyname & Lauda, and I'm sure there are more) are tagging these morons.  As long as it takes a clean trust score to participate in campaigns, all is well with the world.  These jizzbags think they're going to get away with it, but they're wrong.  They're not going to get away with it, just like they don't get away with copy/pasting.  Big brother is watching, homies, and this time here it ain't the government.  DT folks are on pa-TROLL.  *Slips back from Huge Black Woman Mode*

I'm curious as to who is offering to sell merit here.  I know all the idiot noobs are willing to buy it, but I'm wondering if we've got old-timers here who are selling merit points in bad faith, against the spirit of what the merit system is about.
What sort of loser would pay that amount of money
A loser with more money than brains or morals--and there are quite a few on bitcointalk from what I've seen.

No matter how unsympathetic this may sound, the market of merit exists. For example, they now offer 19 Merit at a price of $ 20 per 1.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:11:55 AM

No matter how unsympathetic this may sound, the market of merit exists. For example, we now offer 19 Merit at a price of $ 20 per 1.

Who are you exactly referring to as we here? nigger you are overselling, we are getting free merits in airdrops by theymos. you could as well get an easy 1 merit if you could show your 19 years old sister to me, you will get 1 merit only after successfully delaying my inevitable burst of *com.

When somebody buys merits, how could they keep joining bounties, campaigns and earn money by garbage posting? if you have money to throwaway, donating them to the forum would be considered a contribution. if not today, someday any undeserved-bought merits would join the ignored/deleted/off limits and you could get tagged almost immediately.

Beggar, I'm afraid to merit random members, some of them have been tagged by Lauda and other respected DT members. I wouldn't dare selling merits(either my own or my source merits) even if I could. if there are desperate members who'd pay more than $10 per merit, I would encourage you to publicly state that you are going to buy merits out of desperation and then sign a message with the address containing the funds.

If you need a shortcut to get some merits for signature campaigns and you could accept the **terms, you should have no problem getting merits with money. I will not take any money from you, nor will I give you any merits, I would simply mention your situation at the next board meeting where theymos would attend to discuss the forum. if he agrees on selling merits and you agree to the terms, you'll have your legit merits.

Now lets lol.
*you know what I meant.
** terms: 1)- No signature allowed for a week. 2)- I could have the power of banning you for 2 months if you were garbage posting.

🖤😏
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:26:17 AM

I think an obvious solution is to offer merit rewards to those reporting merit sellers to get them kicked. 1 merit per merit seller kicked. Reporting merit sellers is merit worthy in my opinion.
Yeh ironic I know, but when money is involved you need to create a financial incentives to direct it's value, it's just how it works.
And no, I'm not offering to report merit sellers for merit, or wanting merit in general, or have any merit to offer.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:30:30 AM

Oh! who is selling the merit??
If you found someone please report to the moderators of the forum.
We have to take serious actions because for low ranked members like us, we don't find benefit of this merit system. it is benefit to only those people who are corrupted and sell their merits, if it really happen.
There are still some generous members in the forum who give merit to the quality pots, No matter at what position you are right now.
Those generous people are also disrespected due to selfish people. I also saw many post like this.
If it really happens, then we need help from upper ranked members and their advice how we can stop it.
I think Some generous members will definitely help us.
Thanks for the information.
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:46:58 AM

A $28 for a single merit?! So expensive. I wonder why some users would rather spend a lot of money for merits when it can be earned for free by making quality posts at the first place. I also wonder if did they even consider the return of investment after buying? Because for me it's not worthwhile. Anyway, I can't blame them because even me find hard to earn but I still do believe that is not a valid reason to do such act because as far as I know it is not morally good. I feel pity to those buyers because they are so desperate.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:03:04 AM

I know even you is only new in this forum you know the rules and regulation of this forum, since merit is not for sale you should report who are wanting to help you to rank up by selling merit to you, merit is not need to gives to people who are not contribute in the community it should be given to those member who deserve to have it.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 09:19:25 AM

I have been on the bitcointalk platform for quite some time now and have been wondering how people get merits.I have tried to contribute meaningfully to discussions, I am yet to receive any merit point.I kind off resigned to fate.Your information is very revealing and at the same time very sad.I think the merit system should be reviewed or some other method introduced to make it fairer when distributing such points.Those who sell merits should be punished.Merits points should be made available to new comers.I will still ask here,How do I get some merits point?I am overdue for the next upgrade.Thanks for the write up
I gave you a merit for this post
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2890839.msg32332421#msg32332421

I did this for a couple of reasons. You make a lot of posts in the alt sections, and I passed over those. Your real posts are articulate and apposite, but you are posting on low activity boards. The post that I awarded merit is in the legal section for example. Do any merit awarders visit thaat board?

The other reason that your post was of benefit to me is that it has made me think about some of the less well frequented boards. I will certainly look through the legal section later today. Maybe one of the few weaknesses of the merit system is that valuable resources such as the legal board are being ignored. Forum members with merit to award can rectify this, and maybe we should encourage them to visit those boards.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:22:19 AM

It is side effect of a new system implementation, people will always find a way and solution for their improvement. Same with merit that us created for improvement, merit buyer did that for their perspective improvement. I think to stop this phenomenon will not be easy as long as there is demand and supply, the transaction will happen.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
Snappycoco

Activity: 534
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 01:36:04 PM

I propose here to discuss the objectives and the results of Merit. Why I touched on this question.
I and many new users are faced with the fact that for promotion you need to somehow get Merit.
I began to read a lot about this and ask people about how they got Merit.
I was touched by the fact that many newcomers tend to buy Merit, and do not deserve it from other users, offering quality posts.
I learned the situation about buying Merit, and easily found willing to sell me Merit at a price of $ 28 for 1.
I can afford to buy, but this is against the worthy goal of "Merit". Merit is more than money!
As you see Merit, I did not buy it!
Its kinda unfair with those who work hard to get it. Hope they'll get ban as well as the seller of merits.
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:03:30 PM

It is really good to be a good citizen working with their/our own asses rather than begging or trading/selling merits.
28 dollars, is a cheap, price, I'm also going to sell merit for 1bitcoin each. LOL.  it's better to avoid like this kinds of situations if ever somebody offer to anybody, better to report with screenshot for evidence.
Alone055

Activity: 1050
Merit: 203

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 02:05:36 PM

Lol!
So the people that used to sell popcorns on roads for $5 a pack are now selling Merits in bitcointalk for $28 each  Grin
Besides the pros and cons it carries, this system is gonna make a lot of people rich I must say ( if they manage to find some buyers [you can literally replace "buyers" with "fools" in this sentence, for this case] ) Grin Grin

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 02:14:09 PM

So is a Hero account with 744 merit really worth $20,000?

I'll chuck in the domain name JetCash.com for 10 Bitcoin.

Note - this is not a serious offer, but intended to show the insanity of the current world. Smiley

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Bardman

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:25:48 PM

Note - this is not a serious offer, but intended to show the insanity of the current world. Smiley

You are an expert in fishing for merits in this section so you could be rich. Now that I think about it, hero and legendary accounts should be worth significantly more money now thanks to the merit system which indirectly contributes to stopping spammers because they will have to pay more.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
B4rk4d4

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:34:56 PM

I propose here to discuss the objectives and the results of Merit. Why I touched on this question.
I and many new users are faced with the fact that for promotion you need to somehow get Merit.
I was touched by the fact that many newcomers tend to buy Merit, and do not deserve it from other users, offering quality posts.
I learned the situation about buying Merit, and easily found willing to sell me Merit at a price of $ 28 for 1.
I can afford to buy, but this is against the worthy goal of "Merit". Merit is more than money!
It's very unfair to those members who work very hard to get merit and these peole are just getting merits in an easy way. If we know someone who buy and sell merits let's report them.
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 03:53:16 PM

No matter how unsympathetic this may sound, the market of merit exists. For example, they now offer 19 Merit at a price of $ 20 per 1.
can you give us a link to it? expose it in the open, archive it and give us the link, just in case it gets deleted
I'm pretty sure DT will negs trust both the seller and buyer and no more sig camp for them Tongue
I just can't believe it, who is going to spend $20-28 for 1 merit?
100 merits = $2000 to get Full Member rank? or 500 merits = $10000 to get Hero Member rank?
even for the purpose getting better payment rate for higher rank, the cost is not economically sound

Jet Cash
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 04:03:56 PM

You are an expert in fishing for merits in this section so you could be rich. Now that I think about it, hero and legendary accounts should be worth significantly more money now thanks to the merit system which indirectly contributes to stopping spammers because they will have to pay more.
, but

I'm not sure why you think that I fish for merits. I'm one of the few members who gains no commercial benefit from the merit system. I'm a bit of a loose cannon, so it's always nice to know that I'm not too far off forum policy. The merit system is one way for me to gauge that, but that is about the only gain for me. Well merits do allow me to award sMerits, but that helps other members rather than me.

topkhai

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:28:39 PM

yeah, some stupid peoples insanity when merit is born
they try to make a shortcut with their own way
I think it's hard to prevent because they are capable

dancing with yourself is better than following them
get party Roll Eyes
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:31:38 PM

, but

I'm not sure why you think that I fish for merits. I'm one of the few members who gains no commercial benefit from the merit system. I'm a bit of a loose cannon, so it's always nice to know that I'm not too far off forum policy. The merit system is one way for me to gauge that, but that is about the only gain for me. Well merits do allow me to award sMerits, but that helps other members rather than me.

Who really promoted to sell and buy merits? Should this happen? This was brought to the screen completely for other reason. The smerit has to be given to  a quality post and it should come from one's account not from buying it. Kindly don't deviate it. Who allows people to sell their merits? Why no action is taken against them?

radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:32:18 PM

Jesus H. Christ!  $28 for a single merit?  That's like the black market rate for a Suboxone strip, a similar crazy-ass markup (and no, I don't participate in either black market).  I'm stunned.
Supply and demand. Don't be so surprised, people will sell their mother for merit  Grin
What sort of loser would pay that amount of money
A loser with more money than brains or morals--and there are quite a few on bitcointalk from what I've seen.
Without morals but not without brain.
Many users don't see bigger picture, many users still believe that bounty campaigns are worthless and people are earning cents while truth is that many users are earning $10K+ monthly.
It's very unfair to those members who work very hard to get merit and these peole are just getting merits in an easy way.
Wadafak? Posting on forum isn't work.
I'm pretty sure DT will negs trust both the seller and buyer and no more sig camp for them Tongue
Just look at how many negative tagged members are participating in bounty campaigns.  Roll Eyes

From what I see merits are mostly exchanged between users, you know, scratch my back and I will scratch yours. They can't exchange merits with legendary members because legendary doesn't really need merit, so if they want merits from legendary they can either begg for it or buy it. Now, who is stupid enough to risk negative tag on legendary account for few bucks?

So, low supply, high demand and high risk = 28$ worth merit. Ok, I don't know whether that number from OP is accurate, but nothing surprise me here.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 04:41:41 PM

Good for you.  You've taken the first steps to becoming a citizen by not breaking the law.
The next step is to report those accounts that offered to sell it to you...  :/
At 28$ per merit I would break the law. Jk don't report me.
I don't think it's that big of a problem, if someone receives a big quantity of merits at once it's usually very easy to identify if they send it to themselves or bought it in any case. People have been able to buy accounts legally in this forum for years and it was never stopped.
I think the sale of Merit is damaging the bitcointalk. I can not sell everything, I think Merit is more than money. Not for sale Merit created ...

Yes, Merit was not created for sale. But the problem is that there is no guarantee that you will get merits. Even the writing of constructive and competent posts does not guarantee you that you will definetely receive a merit. Each participant of the forum is sure that his activity will increase. But no one can say for sure whether his merit will go up. It is this fear that you can remain a juniour member for a very long time (despite your activity, which allows you to move to a higher level) and pushes people to buy merits. The higher ranks see this as a way of earning, and the younger ones grasp in desperation for any opportunity to get merits. I do not think that this can be somehow corrected. At least for now. Until people are sure that they will receive merits and know what actions on their part will surely provide them it, they will buy merits and thereby violate the rules of the forum.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: