Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Noob - How do I get started?  (Read 164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kcucchia (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 11:51:23 PM

Hey all - so I'm pretty new with mining; I've used Minergate for the past year or so, and I've used coinpot.co for about 6 months for occasional web mining. But how do I set myself up to actually mine coins - say Bitcoin Private. I know I can get a Raspberry Pi maybe or something of that nature, but I wouldn't have a clue as to next steps. Anyone able to shed some light on how to get involved with mining - what I can get (without spending a shit ton of money) to get myself started and in a place where what I'm doing is actually worthwhile financially?

Any suggestions as to good coins to mine / resources etc.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance all.

Kenny

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:41:34 AM

Hey all - so I'm pretty new with mining; I've used Minergate for the past year or so, and I've used coinpot.co for about 6 months for occasional web mining. But how do I set myself up to actually mine coins - say Bitcoin Private. I know I can get a Raspberry Pi maybe or something of that nature, but I wouldn't have a clue as to next steps. Anyone able to shed some light on how to get involved with mining - what I can get (without spending a shit ton of money) to get myself started and in a place where what I'm doing is actually worthwhile financially?

Any suggestions as to good coins to mine / resources etc.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance all.

Kenny

So you've got a candidate coin to mine eh.. its a good start.. Bitcoin Private is an equihash Type Coin Algo, the best hardware to mine these are the NVIDIA GPU's Ex. 1080ti's

I'm afraid you cant avoid spending a bit on these, especially on today's price and availability

when you are already decided then setup a mining CPU gear

a lot of them already posted here to choose from depends on your taste and preferences

Goodluck on your mining plan

duyquang06

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:13:15 AM

buy gpus
using nicehash for beginner
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:27:15 AM

Don't know if you realize but the bright red background of font you choose is just killing my eyes in a dark room.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:53:04 AM

buy gpus
using nicehash for beginner
Not that simple

In fact, mining has many materials to learn moreover for a beginner. Started by choosing a hardware such Motherboards, PSUs, USB Riser then setting Rig, GPUs, solve a problem when Rig setting has a problem. choosing a software miner to adjust with GPU brands. choosing the right Pool, not yet else a problem hash rate, choosing coins to adjust to GPUs brands etc. which is impossible to write down all.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: