Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:20:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My first crypto purchases, how bad am I doing?  (Read 175 times)
RedKrypto (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:42:00 PM

I have been looking at STEEM and it will be a future purchase.

Honestly Tron is a coin I have no faith in but the hype coming March 31st might just give it a bump. Anything that will give me a quick profit to roll over into more Traditional coins is what I am looking for.

Ripple was another one I questioned, but it has had a pretty good record of gains. With Tron and Ripple I admit I had a little FOMO.

My 288$ investment is worth less than 250$ as we continue to cash. I wouldnt care if it was 1000$ turning to a few hundred. The most painful lessons are the ones best remembered. I can afford as much as 2k a month to invest into crypto without effecting me whatsoever because I made all the sacrifices so I no longer have really any bills... everything is paid for.

Since there isnt really any real profit to be made at the current market, and the prices are dropping lower, so buying anything else isnt something I will rush into.

I have been learning everything I can about RSI, Bolinger bands and MACD.

I took two 12$ crypto classes from UDEMY.com. Heck I even got the free trial of crypto hopper and set it up for test runs using RSI and bolinger bands... I wasnt overly impressed.

Thanks for all the feedback,

My next steps as the price drops is to get into litecoin, ETH, more bitcoin, NEO and I may buy more ICON, I was stationed in Korea and I have lots of faith in just about anything they do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2452

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:00:05 PM

I have been looking at STEEM and it will be a future purchase.

I'm still not sure about purchasing Steem. I'm posting some of my photographs, and I'm picking up a bit of Steem as a result. I think I need to understand a bit more about the concept and the structure before I put money into it. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:58:19 AM

Thanks Boyptc,

I grew up just above dirt poor, uneducated, and had to scrape and bust my ass to just get by. I joined the ARMY in 1990 without even having a GED.

I eventually got some college, I eventually put myself through EMT school and then Paramedic school while working 60 hour weeks. The most I ever made as a paramedic Supervisor on an ambulance was about 16$ an hour. My wife who spent money like water fortunately cheated on me with a coworker making it unbearable to stay with that company any longer.

I paid out of pocket for water survival and a few things I knew I would need if I wanted to work offshore and finally got a company to hire me at a pretty lowball wage for offshore work.

I spent 9 of my first 12 months offshore picking up every second of overtime and any assignment that needed to be filled. At the end of that year I made 120k and was the supervisor of 12 paramedics and 6 drilling rig clinics. I have since bought and sold a house, a condo, and two RV's. 4 years later I am about 90 days from paying off my 2br 2 ba condo. My only bills will be 300$ HOA, 100$ Auto insurance, 50$ cellphone and 10$ gym membership.

Since I dont trust the markets and have seen plenty of friends loose money on 401k I started looking at penny stocks, day trading and peer lending. I finally pulled up the historical data for bitcoin. I saw a roughly 500-1000$ price fluctuation every single day. If someone bought low each day and sold at the next high they could conservatively profit 250$ to 500$ a day while rolling over half of all profits into bitcoin to allow for larger investments/returns.... or so my instict tells me.

My current hobby has been buying computers low and selling them on ebay for a little profits and because I like tinkering. My girlfriend is super happy that this month no packages came. She wont be tripping over any bitcoins or Trons... LOL.

I am excited to be a part of the community!
Just forget about Tron mate, it's just an hype coin that is over and don't put attention to that coin anymore. Well your story about your life is picturing me the trials that you went through and how strong your personality is. I don't know what to say anymore as you know what you are doing and you have the resources to know deeper with it. My piece of advice is just don't get overhype and greedy. I learned that becoming too greedy by waiting too much for the high prices can lead to frustration. Good luck mate, I know that you can do it and btw, welcome to crypto world.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███