Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:34:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum price plunge: Is the cryptocurrency dead?  (Read 499 times)
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:08:43 AM

I think price ETH is still high if see to look back, ETH price see dropped when miners buying devices with high priced and they hope faster ROI. Aside that influenced by an issue eth POS, speculation traders when ETH dump.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 05:12:16 AM

Ethereum is down 0.75% to $594.96 today as of this writing. Could you share the reason behind this price drop? Thank you.

Source: https://coinmarketcap.com/

It seems to me dump criptocurrency trend is continuing. Be patient and hold your coins. I think it is beginning of criptocurrency age only

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:15:34 AM

the current crypto currency is having a very tough problem. lately a lot of bad news about crypto currency that causes all the price of crypto currency is declining. the fall in the price of the crypto currency is caused because investors are afraid of investing in crypto currency, one of crypto currency that is experiencing a decline other than the bitcoin that is ethereum. Ethereum has a very low decline so that ethereum currently reaches $ 566.

caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:28:53 AM

There have been worse periods in Crypto , and Crypto has still survived.
I think that people should get used with this kind of variance of the prices and not be so emotional.

JaRViZZ

Activity: 246

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:31:57 AM

Ethereum is down 0.75% to $594.96 today as of this writing. Could you share the reason behind this price drop? Thank you.

Dead this coin can not be by definition, it is invested very much. Volatility is a thing that can both please and upset, but without it it would be boring. And why do you see only bad moments, because you can bribe coins for the future, as you plan.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:46:11 AM

On the one side, all the altcoins depend on bitcoin. It's getting cheaper and all the other coins are getting cheaper on all these negative news. On the other side, I believe that this is all done specifically to create panic in the market and everyone sold it. In order to transfer money from weak hands to strong hands.
Yes. it seems that the fall of the crypto-currency market is a pre-planned action. However, all this took too long. It is necessary to pull certain amounts from the crypto currency to cover current expenses, and the crypto-currency market is now very low for the third month. Here, even if you understand that someday it will rise, and even it will significantly rise in price, then it does not change anything. Altkoinov so much and they are very diverse in their functionality and areas of application. However, one bitcoquin fell in price and all fell and are without movement. This is very bad.
normensky012

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:53:12 AM

Most of the cryptocurrencies are being paired with bitcoin in exchanges. So when bitcoin price moves, the value of other crypto paired to it will be affected even if a currency remains stable. If it were to remove pairings of bitcoin to coin like ethereum in all exchanges and be paired to like USD. the price of ethereum won't be much affected if bitcoin is showing high volatility. This is just a hypothetical observation, there's other factors the makes etherium price to go down or up besides being paired to btc in exchanges. It could be a hacked ethereum and being dumped at once, it could affect etherium price in short term.
ruthbabe (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:05:46 PM

Please dont FUD on small things this is natural for the cryptocurrencies prices that will go down. Dips are just temporary we just have to wait until may to have the prices go back again

Sorry, but I don't create FUD here. And I guess you don't have any ETH investment that is why it's so easy for you to say that dips are small things, natural, and temporary. No offense, but I think you have missed the price graph chart and/or you just simply don't even know how to read it.  Sad

oneirozwis13

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:36:01 PM

Please dont FUD on small things this is natural for the cryptocurrencies prices that will go down. Dips are just temporary we just have to wait until may to have the prices go back again

Sorry, but I don't create FUD here. And I guess you don't have any ETH investment that is why it's so easy for you to say that dips are small things, natural, and temporary. No offense, but I think you have missed the price graph chart and/or you just simply don't even know how to read it.  Sad

Speaking of reading the chart, I just had a look at it. And you seem to be talking about the ETH/USD chart, not BTC, so that's the one I looked at. Scroll out a bit and observe the following pattern: When the price reaches a low level that the big group of buyers decide is the "fair price to buy" and drive the price back up, we'll call that the support level or the "fair price level", this is where big volume of coins have been sold and then big volume bought the price up again. Now whenever this "fair price level" gets tested and broken, usually the chart plummets as people panic-sell their coins - but for this period of the time, the "fair price" has not changed! So usually, the big group of buyers steps in after some hours (or sometimes days) and brings the price back up to, or close to, that "fair price level". In fact, you can see this in the last few days:

On March 15, the "fair price level" that I am talking about, where large volume was sold and then large volume was bought, this is visible at about $570. March 17, we have the big panic drop that you were concerned about, but it has already returned to the fair price level of $570, if only for a short time! If you carefully examine the chart in the past, you can see this pattern repeat over and over again. The new "fair price level" was reached on March 18 at about $460. So if the price drops significantly below that, another panic dive followed by a short-term buyback to about $460 is quite likely.

This is all just my own opinion and thoughts, you make your own decisions and take your own risks. But I do not think the evidence suggests that ETH is in anyway "dead" right now.
keykey1

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:12:21 AM

I think that Ethereum is influenced by Bitcoin. The skyrocketing growth of Bitcoin led to the rise of all cryptocurrencies, and the price of the cryptocurrencies after the rebound. The current price is like a whale selling Bitcoins, trying to clear those who do not trust Bitcoin. If it is a long-term investment, I don't think it really needs panic, because the blockchain will get more applications this year.

I suppose that all the cryptocurrencies have the strongest connection. Do you remember the recent time, when Bitcoin was running very fast up? Ethereum was also growing. Now they are down, but it will not last forever.
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:59:09 AM

It is called price fluctuations, market corrections, someone is selling their own ETH and someone is going on to the mode of panic selling due to some factors that we've already know, we can also consider the ads ban on the social media giants and the biggest search engine in our world, ICO's have a vital role in the growth of ETH as to why it is falling is because some projects paints a negative impression to people that results from withdrawing to cryptocurrencies, hoping those scams will cease to exist.
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:12:31 AM

I think that Ethereum is influenced by Bitcoin. The skyrocketing growth of Bitcoin led to the rise of all cryptocurrencies, and the price of the cryptocurrencies after the rebound. The current price is like a whale selling Bitcoins, trying to clear those who do not trust Bitcoin. If it is a long-term investment, I don't think it really needs panic, because the blockchain will get more applications this year.

I suppose that all the cryptocurrencies have the strongest connection. Do you remember the recent time, when Bitcoin was running very fast up? Ethereum was also growing. Now they are down, but it will not last forever.

Bitcoin has a direct impact on all the other altcoins if you have NotciEs last year around October till last week of December bitcoin was so bullish and other altcoins like ethreum and ripple shot up like crazy then again when the bitcoin plunged other alts dropped down as well.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Elsonbol

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:29:38 AM

now everything falls, not only ETH if ETH after all implements the technology allowing to return the stolen tokens released on their platform to owners, then we will receive at the coin exit, with the guaranteed protection that in a compartment with popularity and long-standing trust of already operating platform will give it big odds before the others. therefore I would buy in addition cheap efirka now, so far the action of whales works.
Reez

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:36:41 AM

Its not just Ethereum whose price has fallen but all the cryptocurrencies. If it would had been only Eth then you could have said that somethings wrong. And just cause the price is falling doesn't means that a crypto currency is dieing. In fact Ethereum is the strongest coin currently with strong development happening for it.
NilaMutac

Activity: 17
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:39:18 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 02:21:35 AM by NilaMutac

Ethereum isnt cryptocurrency itself,but bitcoin it is the foundation of all the cryptocurrency,ethereum is a great platform and one of the best in the field but it doesnt mean that if ethereum collapse and fail all of the cryptocurrency will follow ethereum isnt safe as bitcoin movements dictates how all of the altcoins will do in the market.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:41:35 AM

Too bad news in these days and a lot of FUD from people....many have no patience to just sit down and hold.... this market is so volatile.... there are down and high...
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 08:48:41 AM

Ethereum houses alot of ICOs and projects. So Ethereum cannot just die off. This can only happen if it has an internal issue with the code or platform.

https://cryptotvplus.com
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:49:16 AM

I'm also concerned about the price of ETH, but its price does not stand out among all the crypto currency, because the market and prices follow the bitcoin. I hope that prices will rise in the coming weeks.
TRONTON

Activity: 868
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:03:06 AM

Stay calm not to get too freaked out following the small FUDs that exist even though many FUDs circulate about Crypto but we just follow the path, I think it's just a matter of up and down the price alone if the price keeps falling then it will probably drop to $ 480 and it will last a few days but we tuinggu turn of the month then the price will start up again, Technicals still bearish but optimistic. Technical indicators showed strong gains returning to an average of around US $ 850, based on current oversold market conditions
prdn

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 09:05:54 AM

I think eos sells ethereum very seriously, so that the prices are falling
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: