Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we have a Steemit sub-board in alts.  (Read 281 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:14:04 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1), AdolfinWolf (1), Crytptohack (1)

Steemit is a site that rewards content producers with 'Steem'. and this can be exchanged for Bitcoin through a very simple process.

I think that a symbiotic relationship between BitcoinTalk and Steemit could be of benefit to both the forum and to its members. Articles embedded in posts, and often quoted in full, can make threads unreadable, and I have had to abandon some threads as a result of this. Moving the article or video onto Steemit would streamline the thread, and could attract new, and valuable, members to the forum.

We already use YouTube, and this is subject to censorship. Steemit doesn't have the same censorship restrictions.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:35:17 AM

Steemit is a site that rewards content producers with 'Steem'. and this can be exchanged for Bitcoin through a very simple process.

I think that a symbiotic relationship between BitcoinTalk and Steemit could be of benefit to both the forum and to its members. Articles embedded in posts, and often quoted in full, can make threads unreadable, and I have had to abandon some threads as a result of this. Moving the article or video onto Steemit would streamline the thread, and could attract new, and valuable, members to the forum.

We already use YouTube, and this is subject to censorship. Steemit doesn't have the same censorship restrictions.

Why not. Sensitization of the masses is required since many aren't aware of this possibility (especially if you told them that they can earn moneh... They will flood steemit with their bounties spam)

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
stronghandsdeeppockets

Activity: 266
Merit: 27

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 12:26:55 PM

This idea is awesome. I actually started writing non-shill articles and I don't really know where I am supposed to post them here (for a bit of publicity). I decided to post them in Altcoin Discussion, but the views are somewhat low.

However, some rules must be put in place regarding buying / selling upvotes, resteems. Also maybe a post limit per person in order not to spam your content (considering that it is monetized content)
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 12:55:45 PM

A member of Steemit produced a video hosting site similar to YT named Dtube which is also decentralized. Many Steemit posters use Dtube as an alternative to YT.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 09:22:16 AM

I bumped this thread because I keep seeing members mentioning that they are members of Steemit.
Steemit is not a competition for Bitcoin Talk, but I believe it could be a complementary platform to be used by members to enhance and clean up some of the post here.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:42:30 AM

A member of Steemit produced a video hosting site similar to YT named Dtube which is also decentralized. Many Steemit posters use Dtube as an alternative to YT.

I saw Dtube and was wondering what is it about. It seems like a forked, decentralized YouTube, but why Steemit can't host videos on their platform?
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 10:50:22 AM

I saw Dtube and was wondering what is it about. It seems like a forked, decentralized YouTube, but why Steemit can't host videos on their platform?

I think dtube is associated with Steemit. They probably use a different site because of hosting costs, and to boost traffic through cross-linking.

Dlive is another decentralised streaming platform that I need to investigate.

sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:59:32 PM

I think dtube is associated with Steemit. They probably use a different site because of hosting costs, and to boost traffic through cross-linking.

There are a lot of projects making social platforms on blockchain (LBRY, Sapien, Sphere, SocialX) but I don't think any of them has fully launched yet. This year we should see which one o them can deliver and make a working product.
destinysaid

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

Help the needy, do the little things others ignore

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 07:35:33 PM

There are a lot of projects making social platforms on blockchain (LBRY, Sapien, Sphere, SocialX) but I don't think any of them has fully launched yet. This year we should see which one o them can deliver and make a working product.

Steemut is way ahead most of these socials, and right now, i dont think any has a working system like the way steemit does.

On the steem Blockchain, dlive dtube zappl dmania dsound are popular alternatives to the respective services: twitch, YouTube, twitter, 9gag, SoundCloud.

There are many people practically living on the steem community, with no concept of blockchain tech, but learning from there.

I consider steemit, a launching point into anything crypto, an entry point, brcause you earn steem and sbd for free, and can then convert to btc for any further movements.

Be loyal to your innermost truth.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 07:43:31 PM

If you filter the threads, then I think Bitcoin Talk is better for learning, and for getting really good technical advice.

fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:14:45 PM

This shouldn't be at Meta, there is Alternate Cryptocurrencies or off-topic to post this type of things

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 04:53:50 PM

fxstrike, I've got you on ignore, but I did see your post when I viewed the thread on my mobile. Having seen it, I realise that I was right to ignore you. Had you read the thread, then you would have realised that Steemit is a site for content producers, and the content is stored on their blockchain. It is true that they have 3 cryptos in their family, and a close link with Bitcoin, but this is simply to support the content creators. Would you suggest that a YouTube board should be discussed in the altcoin section?

The alt boards seem to be primarily for scam coins these days, and for the spam posters, so I never visit them. Starting the thread there would have served no useful purpose at all.

btw - thank you for bumping the thread, and for your interest in the topic.

Dtube_Official

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 10:31:15 AM

DTube has it's own blockchain, but content creators can gain both DTube Coins and Steem.
Beginning of August 2017, DTube was originally launched on the Steem Blockchain.

What's important to understand since June 2019, both creators and viewers can gain DTube coin, based on how they vote, share and comment upon content.

If you want to learn more about our private sales (6th September) and our vision, please have a look at this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5176171.0

The DTube team

Watch videos on D.Tube: https://d.tube
Read our Whitepaper: https://token.d.tube/whitepaper.pdf
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DTube_Official
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2019, 01:33:24 PM

I bumped this thread because I keep seeing members mentioning that they are members of Steemit.
Steemit is not a competition for Bitcoin Talk, but I believe it could be a complementary platform to be used by members to enhance and clean up some of the post here.
Steemit is different than Bitcointalk.org, in structural aspects. Other platforms, ie. Reddit or lots of crypto forums, are not competitors of bitcointalk.org. The forum is a backbone of crypto, the place born for bitcoin discussions (not the first bitcoin forum, but play the most important role in history of bitcoin). It is a unique forum, so there is no competitors that are able to beat bitcointalk.org, includes Steemit.
A cross-forum partnership between bitcointalk.org and Steemit looks a great one, for both forums, and for crypto enthusiasts in general.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2019, 03:28:13 PM

Great idea, I'm really active on both Steem and Bitcointalk, so I would welcome more cooperation between these two platforms.
Are you active there as well, @Jet Cash? Send me your username in PM, I'll add you to my autovote then Smiley

Didn't notice at first that you've posted this in March, but still a great idea.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2019, 04:49:38 PM
Merited by malevolent (1)

I backed away from Steemit, as I decided it was a fancy Ponzi. People kept asking me to pay to have my posts promoted, and that seemed contrary to the basic concept. I've even let the domain SteemRewatds drop.

I'm happy to revisit the project if it has escaped from the upvoting barons. I'm more interested in the Brave browser these days though.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: