Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WANTED] Project Feedback!!  (Read 812 times)
mintmoney (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:57:06 AM

Hey everyone!

I want to share my latest project & get some feedback from this community in particular...
Let me know what you think, please stick with constructive criticisms & be polite... I will show you the same respect!

I have been working an open source poker site (not Poker Mavens... <<cough>>Seals<<cough>>)...

Some of the cool features are:

-It's open source! (keep information free!)
-SUPER easy to create new user accounts & start playing (even if you've never heard of BTC before!!)
-Sit & Go, Tourneys & Ring games for Texas Hold'em (NL, PL & L)
-Lobby/Table Chat (will be un-moderated of course)
-Searchable Hand History (with detailed stats)
-Integrated with the Coinbase API
-Play from any device without installing anything
-YOUR BTC STAYS WITH YOU

I am about 90% of the way through development, so whats left?
-Player Achievements (we haven't decided on a Rakeback structure yet)
-Tournament Freerolls (need funding)
-Tournament Payouts (see above)
-Front-end content (landing page is up, site structure is built out, site is themed, just need to write some content)

If you're interested in this project please PM me (hopefully I can respond, this is a first post),
or you can just reply to this topic!

-Minty
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 10:23:50 AM

I hate to tell you this but coin base does not let betting sites run off of their API. You can even ask them this yourself. If they did allow betting sites though, my dice game would have been already completed!

mcb1221
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 10:34:49 AM

I'll check it out...

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
mintmoney (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 12:08:02 PM

I hate to tell you this but coin base does not let betting sites run off of their API. You can even ask them this yourself. If they did allow betting sites though, my dice game would have been already completed!

And  puritanical 'murica strikes again! damnit!

I think I'm going to start working off the inputs.io API, have you had any contact with them?

There is also a team that I saw a month or two ago that is doing the "legal legwork" as a reference for bitcoin gaming startups, but they are still beta...
http://www.arbiter.me/

I think it would be great to have a single site that any gaming startup could go to and could find out what services are gambling friendly, what steps need to be taken to form the business, how much to expect to pay in taxes, etc...

Too bad I'm not a lawyer Sad
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 04:32:42 PM

And  puritanical 'murica strikes again! damnit!

I think I'm going to start working off the inputs.io API, have you had any contact with them?

There is also a team that I saw a month or two ago that is doing the "legal legwork" as a reference for bitcoin gaming startups, but they are still beta...
http://www.arbiter.me/

I think it would be great to have a single site that any gaming startup could go to and could find out what services are gambling friendly, what steps need to be taken to form the business, how much to expect to pay in taxes, etc...

Too bad I'm not a lawyer Sad

Yes, I had contacted inputs.io's ceo and he said that it is ok to make a gambling site with his API. Also, it is very cool that there is a legal company for bitcoin gambling sites!

mintmoney (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:50:56 PM

Yes, I had contacted inputs.io's ceo and he said that it is ok to make a gambling site with his API. Also, it is very cool that there is a legal company for bitcoin gambling sites!

Glad to hear they are degenerate friendly  Grin

Maybe my next project will be like a legalzoom.com but for specifically BTC ventures!

I have another idea for integration of a betting system with games like Counter Strike (kind of like ESEA but you wouldn't need a membership and could challenge people in game or on the site)... most likely I would set it up to work off the Steam API (not sure if they would like that much either though)
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 06:41:50 PM

Glad to hear they are degenerate friendly  Grin

Maybe my next project will be like a legalzoom.com but for specifically BTC ventures!

I have another idea for integration of a betting system with games like Counter Strike (kind of like ESEA but you wouldn't need a membership and could challenge people in game or on the site)... most likely I would set it up to work off the Steam API (not sure if they would like that much either though)

Creating betting sites comes with a lot of legal issues and chances are that steam won't let you use their API for gambling, but can you make a gambling site in minecraft pertaining that you host the server...

lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:09:27 PM

but if you can fix it theres big profit . people likes gamble

saif92

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:20:14 PM

but if you can fix it theres big profit . people likes gamble

I believe in this forum most of peoples enjoying gambling sites and have fun on them Cheesy

mintmoney (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:14:57 AM

You mentioned nothing about each hand being provably fair so yeah.

Well being provably fair and being easily provably fair are 2 entirely different things (as I understand it).

Maybe I'm off base here but I would think for a poker system to be EASILY provably fair, players would loose the ability to muck hands... not ideal.. at all..

As far as being provably fair, i did mention that the system is open source... you can inspect every speck of code if it would make you sleep better, but you should know that I'm building off a project where the backend has already been implemented in multiple paid sites and has already undergone quite a bit of testing  Grin

I'm definitely open to suggestions as to how to put player's minds at ease though!

Thanks for the input!

-Minty
Oldgamer

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:31:50 AM

players would loose the ability to muck hands...
1. Who will play poker if mucking will not be available? You must be kidding...
2. To make poker site profitable is not as easy as some think. I saw already plenty of sites going down, just because players abuse freerolls and don't play ring games. It is all about balance. If getting money with freerolls is easy, why to play rings? Probably seals is one of the sites still there. So probably you may want to do something similar (i mean points system and so on)

mintmoney (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:05:22 AM

Open source means nothing if I am going to play on your servers, it be nice to know that my hand isn't being change due to an admin playing on my table or something like that. I think you should highly consider it.

You mean you want me to show everyone's cards at the end of each hand? I think that would turn most poker players off.

I see your point about not knowing what the server is running, but I think there is a basic trade off going on here:

Provably Fair vs. Ability to bluff

I'd like to put your mind at rest beyond a doubt, but I'm not sure how to satisfy both sides... open to suggestions though!

Also, on a side note:
saw a pretty cool movie called "Runner Runner", and you can see how JT solved the admin abuse on his favorite poker site!  Grin

-Minty
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: