Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:12:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragonmint X1 and now X2 miners?  (Read 1138 times)
klwolf2000 (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 02:15:24 PM

It looks like not only did Halongmining reveal the X1 miner but today they also revealed the X2 scheduled for April 25th release. Looks like a much better buy then Bitmains garbage. The only question is which coins will be mine-able by then? I know Monero and a few other coins will be forking withing the coming days/months but if all these miners are still on the network hashing for the few coins that are left I think they won't be profitable at all. There are now 4 cryptonite miners scheduled for release in the next few months.

https://halongmining.com/shop/dragonmint-x2-miner/
stickpony

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:09:39 PM

which other two besides halong and Bitmain?>
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:13:15 PM

Kill these f**ots, or they will kill GPU mining
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:47:09 PM

Everyone is focusin on Monero only but there are other coins that can be mined with Cryptonight. Sumocoin for example. It's also much more profitable than Monero.
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:58:19 PM

Everyone is focusin on Monero only but there are other coins that can be mined with Cryptonight. Sumocoin for example. It's also much more profitable than Monero.
Dude, find out their daily trading volume and compare with monero.
ruplikminer

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:10:30 PM

Dude, find out their daily trading volume and compare with monero.

It's much lower but still acceptable. And once Monero will fork the volume of the other Cryptonight coins will increase fo sho
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:55:18 AM

You won't get ANY money from much smaller coins when these asics are in the wild. One single Bitmain asic = 100 Vega GPUs.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:17:45 AM

which other two besides halong and Bitmain?>

Pinidea and baikal

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:29:28 AM

If anyone is curious about the PinIdea model, all you need to know is that the miner hashes at a fraction of the speed of a Bitmain, Dragonmint or Baikal miner and still takes roughly the same amount of power (55kh/s @ ~330W on CryptoNight-Lite, same thing with the fork). It's also priced insanely horribly at .3BTC, and interestingly enough they use the same pics on their CryptoNight miner as one listing for their DR-100 (sold out, should be right under the CryptoNight miner in their webshop). I didn't even know PinIdea was temporarily in the game before I looked up the device, here's the link to the miner.

https://shop.pinidea.io/index.php/product/asic-cryptonight-miner-rr-200/
ruplikminer

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:38:51 PM

Now my question is: should I order 2/3 more GTX 1070Ti or one  Dragonmint X1?  I know a lot of people HATES the ASICs but I would love some honest opinions.
ricardobayes

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:45:32 PM

Now my question is: should I order 2/3 more GTX 1070Ti or one  Dragonmint X1?  I know a lot of people HATES the ASICs but I would love some honest opinions.

Some people go for 7:3 GPU:ASIC ratio in their portfolio.
Definitely don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:54:36 PM

Now my question is: should I order 2/3 more GTX 1070Ti or one  Dragonmint X1?  I know a lot of people HATES the ASICs but I would love some honest opinions.
Depends what price you can get the 1070Tis at. The X1's going to be insanely risky if you choose to buy it, and the 1070Ti makes around 80 cents as of today mining, after electrical costs of $.10/kWh. Assuming you get your 1070Tis at ~$500 you aren't going to break even for more than 12 months, and that's if mining profitability doesn't continue to go down. I'd actually suggest not putting more money into mining right now as things are all  high risk and low reward. Buying any CryptoNight ASIC right now is essentially gambling.
Atomicc

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:06:14 PM

If they offer an April Batch, when those ASICs arrive to buyers, the diff, for some small coins what left in todays Cryptonight setup will be so high that You will not cover the shipping costs.
kasparpalgi

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:15:25 PM

Hmmm. probably sea shipping from China or air? From 28th April I understoon many Cryptonight coins won't support same POW so you can't mine them with this ASIC. Also there's no information about warranty. Usually ASICs have just 60-90 days of warranty and if one of the hashboards die then you have to send with your own cost all the machine back to China and when you get it back the profitability isn't that any more. Well, very risky business. I've heard also that Chinese ASIC sellers almost never ship on time.
ruplikminer

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:55:48 PM

I decided to take my bet on this machine. The x1. This one worries me way less than the ones mining Sia coin and Decreed. Even if Monero will fork there are many other coins that can be mined.

From my point of view this one is the best bet at the moment.
Superbar365

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:58:01 PM

How are any of you even considering Dragonmint??? They have not released one single ASIC yet. Don’t be surprised if this company goes under and runs away with everyone’s money!! Very risky. Every time Bitmain come out with something they release news that they have a better one but nothing in production yet....
leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:02:43 PM

How are any of you even considering Dragonmint??? They have not released one single ASIC yet. Don’t be surprised if this company goes under and runs away with everyone’s money!! Very risky. Every time Bitmain come out with something they release news that they have a better one but nothing in production yet....
There's plenty of proof out there that at the very least their 16TH/S BTC miner is legit, and philipma1957 is waiting on a demo unit that he'll review once he gets it. A few pages in this thread should get you caught up. Starting from the most recent should help the most; everything they've mentioned about that particular miner makes sense, including the part where they mention the miners utilize AsicBoost to achieve the efficiency they advertise. They seem somewhat reputable as of now, but there is still some risk involved. It's not nearly as bad as when Halong only had some blurry videos of their miners hashing away a few months ago, though. I personally find it extremely unlikely that Halong's a scam.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2443327.
Superbar365

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:10:49 PM

Possibly not a scam but they have now released press about 3 or 4 different ASIC units without one unit on the market. Granted I know Obelisk have done the same but it seems to me these guys are looking for funding to build the technology to do what they say first. I just don’t get how they can be given so much credit without proof?
leowonderful
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:22:14 PM

Possibly not a scam but they have now released press about 3 or 4 different ASIC units without one unit on the market. Granted I know Obelisk have done the same but it seems to me these guys are looking for funding to build the technology to do what they say first. I just don’t get how they can be given so much credit without proof?
They've got a representative from MyRig (Yoshi), which is a reputable and legitimate site that I've bought from many times and offers repair services based in Colorado (paid, but better and quicker than Bitmain's for Americans), and they certainly do have proof that at least their BTC miner is legit. Their Twitter page and Youtube channel shows proof of their miners hashing, including the B29 (which is a bit dated), just seems they haven't delivered miners yet, though they seem to be near that step. At the very minimum they've got miners that actually work, so their miners aren't vaporware. Once we get towards the end of March and April we'll start hearing more from Halong and customers that receive their ordered miners.

YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaLmTS38DfxJSEeW5rHDPLQ

Twitter: https://twitter.com/halongmining?lang=en

Another way to look at it is this: most all miner manufacturers sell preorders nowadays, and taking a short look at all the upcoming CryptoNight miners confirms this (it's been true for as long as I've been in mining). Halong's doing just that, and they've provided at least some preliminary proof their miners are legit, and they're backed by a trusted service.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:22:08 PM

I ordered an X1, with not only the suspicion but the full assumption that Monero would fork. I was hoping that either ETN or TRTL wouldn't but I think both have at this point. *shrug* I'll figure out what to mine when it arrives I guess.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: