Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow! This is crazy. MSC is 5X since inception  (Read 2470 times)
HammerFist (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:57:04 AM

You think Bitcoin's rise over the last two weeks since Silk Road is high (approx. 80% or .Cool - consider the rise in Mastercoin value.  MSC is now 5X or 500%! since inception.  Just two months ago, it was MSC:BTC was .01, now MSC:BTC was .05 - if you can find the seller!  Tough market.  

Go to exchange thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287145.0 to see that rocket shoot up.

Do you think MSC will continue having its price tracking its accomplishments? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Badman0316

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:32:00 AM

this coin same with MST(mastercoin)?

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:39:55 AM

The rise is due to "Artificial Price Increase" aka "Pumping"....
HammerFist (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:07:33 AM

All rises are due to 'artificial price increase'.  Same goes for Google stock.  It is not called 'pumping', it is called speculation.  People are betting it will be worth more in the future.  Dumbasses like you can just go invest in CDs.  That should be the limits of your analysis

No.  MSC is the real deal.  The other one is just floating on their good name. 
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 09:25:23 AM

All rises are due to 'artificial price increase'.  Same goes for Google stock.  It is not called 'pumping', it is called speculation.  People are betting it will be worth more in the future.  Dumbasses like you can just go invest in CDs.  That should be the limits of your analysis

No.  MSC is the real deal.  The other one is just floating on their good name. 

MSC "the real deal" LOL.....

No Hammerfist speculation is when many different people buy in thinking it is going to rise....that's not what's happening here.

"Pumping" which is clearly what's going on here, is when a coin owner or devs buy up a lot to make it look like a real increase in value.

I'm sure we'll see a return back to it's prepump values as soon as the "pumpers" realize it was a fail and sell their phony buys back.

It's ok, there's no shame in being stupid as you aren't the first, nor the last to be fooled by an artificial pump.

Have a nice day,

~BCX~
HammerFist (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:38:37 PM

It's ok, there's no shame in being stupid as you aren't the first, nor the last to be fooled by an artificial pump.
Have a nice day,
I can't wait until next year when I quote your post and the latest MSC price!!!  That is going to be a riot.  Just think in 5 years how freaking dumb your post will look.  I'll be a 10 millionaire and you'll be still selling lemonaide on the corner.
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:40:56 PM

You know BCX, I generally tend to disagree with you; but with MSC, I am also leaning this direction. 1/2 a million dollars says we're wrong, but eh, whatever. I doubled my investment on them so ces't la vie.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:44:40 PM

You know BCX, I generally tend to disagree with you; but with MSC, I am also leaning this direction. 1/2 a million dollars says we're wrong, but eh, whatever. I doubled my investment on them so ces't la vie.

Same here, very suspicious the amount that has just popped in there.

Of course I always follow the age old rule, never invest anything you can't lose.

~BCX~
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:55:23 PM

Reminds me of bitbar, what an epic failure that was - but it didn't lack for fanboys Grin
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:56:35 PM

You think Bitcoin's rise over the last two weeks since Silk Road is high (approx. 80% or .Cool - consider the rise in Mastercoin value.  MSC is now 5X or 500%! since inception.  Just two months ago, it was MSC:BTC was .01, now MSC:BTC was .05 - if you can find the seller!  Tough market.  

Only 500%? That's not very much. Bitcoin's value is up roughly 1,700,000% since its inception (or at least from when people started to value it).

Do you think MSC will continue having its price tracking its accomplishments? 

Clone-coins never go very far...many have tried, very few have succeeded -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0
Any initial "success" of a clone is typically the result of pumping.

And I like how you created your forum account almost specifically for MSC promotion Roll Eyes

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:23:29 PM

And I like how you created your forum account almost specifically for MSC promotion Roll Eyes

Penalty Box for you my friend....You're not playing the game correctly!

You're supposed to pretend that he is simply a regular guy who has found this "hidden treasure" and trying to share it with us because he is just a great guy.

~BCX~
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:34:59 PM

Have a nice day,
I can't wait until next year when I quote your post and the latest MSC price!!!  That is going to be a riot.  Just think in 5 years how freaking dumb your post will look.  I'll be a 10 millionaire and you'll be still selling lemonaide on the corner.

Don't argue with stupid. It's one thing if they don't believe Mastercoin will work. If it doesn't work then it probably isn't going to be worth anything, but if it does work then each Mastercoin will probably go for 2-3 Bitcoins and that is just with the most basic features of a decentralized exchange and smart property. User defined currencies and the more advanced features will bring the price to 20-30 Bitcoins a piece.

But just like people couldn't understand Bitcoin they will be late to Mastercoin. Mastercoin is the first protocol which everyone who understands can see will be more important than Bitcoin if it works. The potential market cap is way bigger than Bitcoin which is why it will be worth 10-20x more.

Reminds me of bitbar, what an epic failure that was - but it didn't lack for fanboys Grin

Mastercoin is nothing like Bitbar. Asicminer went for 5 BTC a share and it was just an Asic mining company. Mastercoin has a market cap potential which is in the tens of trillions. Right now we don't know whether or not it will work and that is the only reason its selling for under 1 BTC. If a decentralized exchange is working no one will sell a Mastercoin for less than a Bitcoin because it would be considered throwing money away. Mastercoin should be considered the first Bitcoin protocol layer extension. It allows Bitcoin to literally take over the global economy if you understand.

Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:48:19 PM

No, I truly don't understand... However, what I do understand  is that the price is way too high for a coin so new and untested, therefore the risk is personally too high for me as-well. I won't be joining in on this one but wishing you guys the best of luck.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:58:27 PM

Don't argue with stupid. It's one thing if they don't believe Mastercoin will work. If it doesn't work then it probably isn't going to be worth anything, but if it does work then each Mastercoin will probably go for 2-3 Bitcoins and that is just with the most basic features of a decentralized exchange and smart property. User defined currencies and the more advanced features will bring the price to 20-30 Bitcoins a piece.

But just like people couldn't understand Bitcoin they will be late to Mastercoin. Mastercoin is the first protocol which everyone who understands can see will be more important than Bitcoin if it works. The potential market cap is way bigger than Bitcoin which is why it will be worth 10-20x more.
I really don't get that line of thinking. Why would a business pay more for Mastercoin when bitcoin tokens or colored coins will do the exact same thing for almost free? Where is the demand coming from to justify the larger price? I only see a demand if Mastercoin does something colored coins can't. Bonds, stocks, assets, and other currencies can also be done with colored coins and is more egalitarian and available for everyone without having to purchase a whole other currency. I think Mastercoin is cool but I'm not following how people jump to the conclusion that it will be worth a lot.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:59:45 PM

For the record I hope you MSC guys succeed...

~BCX~

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:46:10 AM

I really don't get that line of thinking. Why would a business pay more for Mastercoin when bitcoin tokens or colored coins will do the exact same thing for almost free? Where is the demand coming from to justify the larger price? I only see a demand if Mastercoin does something colored coins can't. Bonds, stocks, assets, and other currencies can also be done with colored coins and is more egalitarian and available for everyone without having to purchase a whole other currency. I think Mastercoin is cool but I'm not following how people jump to the conclusion that it will be worth a lot.

Don't forget the personal liability issue as well. Dacoinminister is a public person, and definitely not anonymous. As he'd like to believe his protocol will live on if he gets tagged by the authorities for enabling black marketplaces, I'm afraid the outlook will be rather grim.

But it won't stop him from trying, seeing how he's invested his entire ego into the project. Shame, if it was only him I suppose he could bear the risk - but he's dragging his poor wife into it too. I wonder if she has any idea of how wrong it can go...

As they keep saying - the market will decide, but the law may just decide first.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 05:10:06 PM

For some reason a bunch of new buyers came in the last 24 hrs. It's more like 10x now.

It makes me feel good that so many long term investors are ignoring a 10x return and holding. I hope I don't disappoint them Smiley

shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:24:28 PM

For some reason a bunch of new buyers came in the last 24 hrs. It's more like 10x now.

It makes me feel good that so many long term investors are ignoring a 10x return and holding. I hope I don't disappoint them Smiley

Must feel really good to hold all that $$ eh? What's BCX think about this statement? Seems pretty "pump-y" to me.

Personally I think your idea with Mastercoins is pretty brilliant--all the power of BTC with none of the need for your own blockchain. On the flipside though, I simply don't see though how that makes this "idea" worth so much. Oh well, my original investment was returned to me 2x and I'm very satisfied--much like I was with a 5x return on my mcxFEEs.

I appreciate your efforts and am glad to have profited, but I'd say you've got a rather large target painted on your back the higher the value goes and the longer it takes to actually produce something. The stress of that must be immense, no? Knowing how mine feels about my twiddling on this site, I must say...your poor wife.  Cheesy
wasserman99

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 06:28:42 PM

gotta say, i don't really understand what this is.  Huh

dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 06:34:07 PM

Must feel really good to hold all that $$ eh? What's BCX think about this statement? Seems pretty "pump-y" to me.

Personally I think your idea with Mastercoins is pretty brilliant--all the power of BTC with none of the need for your own blockchain. On the flipside though, I simply don't see though how that makes this "idea" worth so much. Oh well, my original investment was returned to me 2x and I'm very satisfied--much like I was with a 5x return on my mcxFEEs.

I appreciate your efforts and am glad to have profited, but I'd say you've got a rather large target painted on your back the higher the value goes and the longer it takes to actually produce something. The stress of that must be immense, no? Knowing how mine feels about my twiddling on this site, I must say...your poor wife.  Cheesy

Actually, I wouldn't say it feels good. It feels kind of scary. There are a lot of things that could go terribly wrong still!

Yeah, my poor wife - she cares not one whit for material things. All she wants is for me to be around for her and the kids and not be thinking about this stuff all the time when I am not working on it. I'm trying my best . . .

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: