Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:38:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CPU mining] WAVI [YescryptR32] [NO Pre-mine] [Masternode]  (Read 57564 times)
fkjnfndjn

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:34:33 AM

Examining the Wavi code further .... this is obviously a fork of Dash.

The same code I note above .... right down to the comments ... is in the Dash code.

The only change the Wavi developer seems to have made is to the max block reward (reduced from 500 to 50).

It curious that a coin designed to be long term CPU-only so quickly exits what is referred to as the "CPU mining era".

It would be interesting to hear from the dev regarding this design decision.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:08:50 AM

Examining the Wavi code further .... this is obviously a fork of Dash.

The same code I note above .... right down to the comments ... is in the Dash code.

The only change the Wavi developer seems to have made is to the max block reward (reduced from 500 to 50).

It curious that a coin designed to be long term CPU-only so quickly exits what is referred to as the "CPU mining era".

It would be interesting to hear from the dev regarding this design decision.
Yes, for the reward, we are in the "GPU/ASIC mining era" but in facts, there is presently no possibility to mine WAVI with GPU or ASIC.
What could be the explaination ?

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
FlowLive

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:37:25 AM

I have an issue with WAVI Mining.
I mine Wavi with a i5-8600K (6 physical cores) and cpuminer-opt from JayDDee/Joblo (last version).
My issue is that I have the same hashrate with 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 cores and I can't have better than 200 hash/s... this is near that I have with my Celeron G3900.

This computer is with Windows 10 but I have the same issue with Ubuntu (last kernel).

Any idea ?

maybe slow memory? One memory channel?
Yes, I have only one DDR4 DIMM, but you think that can be the issue ? A 8600k should make at least 400 h/s, the double that I have ?

I heard that in this algorithm the memory characteristics are important. Probably slow memory and one channel does not allow to fully open the CPU potential in this algorithm. I wonder what the developer will say in this regard

@WNC12k Where have you read this?

I have been mining fine with my Ryzen 1700 at ~600H/s for well over a month, but I had 2x8GB of Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz and could only run them at 2666Mhz, reading that B-Die ram is the only one worthy on the Ryzen platform I finally bought some. Got the TEAM Dark Pro which are 3200Mhz and advertized as beeing B-Die.
It seems to be the case, runs fine... But now I can only mine at ~395H/s! I search for the info but it seems it hard to find really...  I'd like to understand what it is that I should be doing next... return it or try to tweak it?
Worst part is I sold them rightaway ( the corsairs )  so ... I need to deal with this now, any help would be appreciated guys!
WNC12k

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 07:57:15 AM

I mine Wavi with a i5-8600K (6 physical cores) and cpuminer-opt from JayDDee/Joblo (last version).
My issue is that I have the same hashrate with 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 cores and I can't have better than 200 hash/s... this is near that I have with my Celeron G3900.

This computer is with Windows 10 but I have the same issue with Ubuntu (last kernel).

Any idea ?

Yes, I have only one DDR4 DIMM, but you think that can be the issue ? A 8600k should make at least 400 h/s, the double that I have ?

I heard that in this algorithm the memory characteristics are important. Probably slow memory and one channel does not allow to fully open the CPU potential in this algorithm. I wonder what the developer will say in this regard

I have been mining fine with my Ryzen 1700 at ~600H/s for well over a month, but I had 2x8GB of Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz and could only run them at 2666Mhz, reading that B-Die ram is the only one worthy on the Ryzen platform I finally bought some. Got the TEAM Dark Pro which are 3200Mhz and advertized as beeing B-Die.
It seems to be the case, runs fine... But now I can only mine at ~395H/s! I search for the info but it seems it hard to find really...  I'd like to understand what it is that I should be doing next... return it or try to tweak it?
Worst part is I sold them rightaway ( the corsairs )  so ... I need to deal with this now, any help would be appreciated guys!

This I know from the experience of using the algorithm YescryptR16, especially since it is exactly twice as fast. Check the speed on Yenten, there should be an increase of 2 times. If the speed has increased no more than twice from the current one, then this may be a problem in the memory settings, the dual-channel mode may not be enabled
FlowLive

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:21:35 AM

Any idea ?

This I know from the experience of using the algorithm YescryptR16, especially since it is exactly twice as fast. Check the speed on Yenten, there should be an increase of 2 times. If the speed has increased no more than twice from the current one, then this may be a problem in the memory settings, the dual-channel mode may not be enabled

I was mining Yenten also before and will get back to it soon... I am running dual channel, I just spent 20 minutes in the bios to check all the options available, though besides the sticks being faster @ 3200Mhz 14-14-14-31 vs 2666Mhz 16-16-18-36, nothing else is different... that I can see. If anything it should be faster no?

WNC12k

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:23:54 AM

Any idea ?

I was mining Yenten also before and will get back to it soon... I am running dual channel, I just spent 20 minutes in the bios to check all the options available, though besides the sticks being faster @ 3200Mhz 14-14-14-31 vs 2666Mhz 16-16-18-36, nothing else is different... that I can see. If anything it should be faster no?

Now what is the speed on the YescryptR16?
FlowLive

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:36:25 AM

Any idea ?

Now is 900H/s (up to 450H/s now with YescryptR32) but before with the other ram I was doing ~1.1K/s
CarlOrff

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:38:57 AM

For information : I confirm dual chanel is very important with tis algorithm.
Currently, with 2x4 GB @2400 MHz, I have 518 H/s with my i5 8600k (@minimal core voltage and minimal mem voltage).

WNC12k

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:39:15 AM

Any idea ?

Now is 900H/s (up to 450H/s now with YescryptR32) but before with the other ram I was doing ~1.1K/s

So it's exactly in the hardware settings. Try to play around with the RAM settings, can the energy-saving mode be enabled?
FlowLive

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:46:09 AM

Any idea ?

So it's exactly in the hardware settings. Try to play around with the RAM settings, can the energy-saving mode be enabled?

No nonsense settings are applied, I am the type of geek that disables whatever is not needed like com ports, even the S3 mode is disabled...
I can't imagine that an actual faster ram slows down this algo?
If I swap right now to my old one, I get the better results of 585H/s, but if not it's at 450H/s  Cry
Palkakapalka

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:50:01 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2018, 09:01:53 AM by Palkakapalka

digger 2  Ryzen - 1600 - 558 h/s
the second digs less, the equipment is the same №2 Ryzen - 1600 - 504 h/s  Cry
I dig on video cards  GTX1050/2G - 230 h/s, GTX1060/3G - 420 h/s  GTX 1070  - 890 h/s  GTX 1080 Ti - 1.2  k/h
FlowLive

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:54:36 AM

I dig on video cards 1060 - 420 h/s

That sound about right!
So weird my issue it drives me nuts!

I did memtest to be sure, seems ok.
WNC12k

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:59:55 AM

That sound about right!

I understand you. I remember how I started to mining on video cards, constantly changing MHz trying to find the optimal ratio of temperature and speed of mining, spent a lot of time on it. What was my surprise when on another algorithm these settings were not optimal and I had to start all over again. I want to help you, but I do not know how. I still think you need to dig in the direction of the settings of the RAM, it is possible to swap the bars or something else.
FlowLive

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:09:07 AM

That sound about right!

I understand you. I remember how I started to mining on video cards, constantly changing MHz trying to find the optimal ratio of temperature and speed of mining, spent a lot of time on it. What was my surprise when on another algorithm these settings were not optimal and I had to start all over again. I want to help you, but I do not know how. I still think you need to dig in the direction of the settings of the RAM, it is possible to swap the bars or something else.

Yeah I'll play around with this tomorrow, right now I'm just pissed.  Angry  Need sleep!
Palkakapalka

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:23:35 AM

for Rizen 1600 better fit 2 * ddr2400 with overclock of 3200, dual channel
overclocking on the core 3.8 megahertz gives an increase, consumption is increased by 30 watts, so you need to change the drain cooling. Watch out for the temperatures
iPedroso

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:03:43 PM

I dig on video cards  GTX1050/2G - 230 h/s, GTX1060/3G - 420 h/s  GTX 1070  - 890 h/s  GTX 1080 Ti - 1.2  k/h

You are mining Wavi with GPUs?Huh How does this work?
abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:41:46 PM

I cannot send 1000 coin to MN address. I get "the transactioon is too big. Cannot create transaction".
How to fix?
WNC12k

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:51:09 PM

I cannot send 1000 coin to MN address. I get "the transactioon is too big. Cannot create transaction".
How to fix?

try yourself to send 200 coins a few times, and then make a transaction of 1000 coins

ps: you probably have many different transactions of several coins, and you get too much of the various transactions
Palkakapalka

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 02:57:25 PM

my excavator on video cards has been running for over a month, work is on, the plan is being implemented
CarlOrff

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 03:07:53 PM

digger 2  Ryzen - 1600 - 558 h/s
the second digs less, the equipment is the same №2 Ryzen - 1600 - 504 h/s  Cry
I dig on video cards  GTX1050/2G - 230 h/s, GTX1060/3G - 420 h/s  GTX 1070  - 890 h/s  GTX 1080 Ti - 1.2  k/h

my excavator on video cards has been running for over a month, work is on, the plan is being implemented

I don't find excavator is supporting yescrypt algo Huh
Edit : https://github.com/nicehash/excavator/blob/master/nvidia/README.md

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: