Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Split: mprep's unethical violation of auction rules  (Read 1410 times)
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 5998

Meh.

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:02:13 AM

After reading up on this it would appear that you (BayAreaCoins) just have it out for mprep for whatever reason.

I see no issues in extending the auction if there is valid reason for doing so (which mprep stated).

When it comes to "Violating a contract", that's just nonsense. Perhaps that is how you want it to be, but it's not.

Lock this thread and toss it away again please, no need for this.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:08:38 AM

When it comes to "Violating a contract", that's just nonsense.
You should read up on contract law.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:55:44 AM

When it comes to "Violating a contract", that's just nonsense.
You should read up on contract law.

Contract law? Give me a break dude.

Good luck going to a lawyer let alone a judge and tell them that you want to sue this dude that extended an auction on a bitcoin forum and now you're angry.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:16:41 PM

After reading up on this it would appear that you (BayAreaCoins) just have it out for mprep for whatever reason.

I see no issues in extending the auction if there is valid reason for doing so (which mprep stated).

When it comes to "Violating a contract", that's just nonsense. Perhaps that is how you want it to be, but it's not.

I have had very little interaction with mprep and no reason to "have it out for" him. An auction is a legally binding contract. Just because it is a negligible amount doesn't change the law. Some how these "higher standards" staff here pretend to have only apply when they are making that judgement upon others.

"Once a bid is accepted, the seller has no right to accept a higher bid, nor can a buyer withdraw the buyer’s bid[ii]. Generally, an auction is complete when the bid is accepted. A binding contract is created by the auction."

https://www.stimmel-law.com/en/articles/law-auctions
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:23:54 PM

I have had very little interaction with mprep and no reason to "have it out for" him. An auction is a legally binding contract. Just because it is a negligible amount doesn't change the law. Some how these "higher standards" staff here pretend to have only apply when they are making that judgement upon others.

"Once a bid is accepted, the seller has no right to accept a higher bid, nor can a buyer withdraw the buyer’s bid[ii]. Generally, an auction is complete when the bid is accepted. A binding contract is created by the auction."

https://www.stimmel-law.com/en/articles/law-auctions

I'm not sure if you are trolling or if you are insane.

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 07:45:08 AM

What was that reason for extending the auction in the OP?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:58:37 AM

That he had issues with the previous month?

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 08:09:17 AM

"The minimum bid is 0.02 BTC, the bids should be evenly divisible by 0.01 BTC. The auction will end on March 15th when this thread is closed if there is at least 1 valid bid. If there isn't one, it'll end 1 week after the first valid bid is placed. The winner's advertisement will run for 1 month."

An excuse after the fact isn't acceptable or honest.

If everyone extended their auction on a whim... it would cause problems on that side of the forum.

Mprep knows they were wrong and their new auctions now include some pretty lame terms in the OP.  I've reached out to Mprep because he counter my feedback with his own negative (lol).

This isn't politics.  It isn't debatable... the quotes are his quotes. He violated them + other things that are above my pay grade.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:25:07 AM

"The minimum bid is 0.02 BTC, the bids should be evenly divisible by 0.01 BTC. The auction will end on March 15th when this thread is closed if there is at least 1 valid bid. If there isn't one, it'll end 1 week after the first valid bid is placed. The winner's advertisement will run for 1 month."

If everyone extended their auction on a whim... it would cause problems on that side of the forum.

Mprep knows they were wrong and their new auctions now include some pretty lame terms in the OP.  I've reached out to Mprep because he counter my feedback with his own negative (lol).

This isn't politics.  It isn't debatable... the quotes are his quotes. He violated them + other things that are above my pay grade.

So if something were to happen after you've opened an auction you are never, under any circumstances, allowed to change something about it? What planet are you from?

Were you personally effected by this auction being extended for 1 week? Did it cause you any losses? Why are you so invested in this, if not for a personal vendetta against mprep?

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 08:31:29 AM

So if something were to happen after you've opened an auction you are never, under any circumstances, allowed to change something about it? What planet are you from?

Were you personally effected by this auction being extended for 1 week? Did it cause you any losses? Why are you so invested in this, if not for a personal vendetta against mprep?

If you want to ask questions about me personally... I recommend opening a new thread our back and forth is going to hurt Mprep further here with your nonsense.

BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 08:33:15 AM

Do me a favor first. 

Go create a auction thread... then edit that OP and let me know what world I'm from.

It's not a minor thing that Mprep did.

allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:06:58 PM

Do me a favor first. 

Go create a auction thread... then edit that OP and let me know what world I'm from.

Let it be; you are trying to argue with someone who has long been a promoter and sign manager of an organisation that specializes in breaking rules and purportedly cheating players and the defence rests on the assumption that WHAT CAN U DO?

No wonder he feels comfy neglecting all parameters as he feels it is an online forum with little value; also if I remember correctly he said that things here are different from the real world. Dunno what that means Huh
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:50:44 PM

Do me a favor first. 

Let it be; you are trying to argue with someone who has long been a promoter and sign manager of an organisation that specializes in breaking rules and purportedly cheating players and the defence rests on the assumption that WHAT CAN U DO?

No wonder he feels comfy neglecting all parameters as he feels it is an online forum with little value; also if I remember correctly he said that things here are different from the real world. Dunno what that means Huh

Says the user who can't stand by their word? "Will remove this negative once issue has been resolved", issue is resolved but negative is not removed. Interesting allahabadi.

But more on topic: Please do tell me how laws for certain jurisdictions for legal auction houses with a license to run an auction have anything to do with unregulated auctions on an unregulated forum for an unregulated currency, such as Bitcoin. If you can I'll retract everything that I have stated in this thread.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

This is what terms and conditions are for. If you don't want this problem plan ahead and stipulate it is part of the agreement to bid, otherwise a contract is a contract. Also I just noticed you think I am BAC. That's cute.

But more on topic: Please do tell me how laws for certain jurisdictions for legal auction houses with a license to run an auction have anything to do with unregulated auctions on an unregulated forum for an unregulated currency, such as Bitcoin. If you can I'll retract everything that I have stated in this thread.

Because your opinion that these actions are "unregulated" is nothing but a fantasy. They are very much regulated by these laws because they take place within these nations. A license for an auction house is not required.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:05:33 AM

This is what terms and conditions are for. If you don't want this problem plan ahead and stipulate it is part of the agreement to bid, otherwise a contract is a contract. Also I just noticed you think I am BAC. That's cute.

Because your opinion that these actions are "unregulated" is nothing but a fantasy. They are very much regulated by these laws because they take place within these nations. A license for an auction house is not required.

Read on from the part you quoted about the laws, it states further below that those laws apply for licensed auction houses. But I guess you only read what you want to?

How much tax do you pay for selling mystery boxes? If eeach auction on this forum is under the laws of USA then surely all your sales need be regulated, right? Do you have a license to operate an online store?

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 01:44:27 AM

Read on from the part you quoted about the laws, it states further below that those laws apply for licensed auction houses. But I guess you only read what you want to?

How much tax do you pay for selling mystery boxes? If eeach auction on this forum is under the laws of USA then surely all your sales need be regulated, right? Do you have a license to operate an online store?

"Once a bid is accepted, the seller has no right to accept a higher bid, nor can a buyer withdraw the buyer’s bid[ii]. Generally, an auction is complete when the bid is accepted. A binding contract is created by the auction. The seller can also set a reserve price in advance. If the final bid does not reach the reserve price, the property remains unsold.

Note that the popular understanding of an auction is identical to the legal definition of an auction. Legally, an auction is defined as the “public sale of property to the highest bidder.” In Pitchfork Ranch Co. v. Bar TL, the court defined the term auction as “a public sale of property to the highest bidder by one licensed and authorized to do so and the goal is to obtain the best financial return for the seller by free and fair competition among bidders”.

Your reading comprehension is poor, but I guess I only see what I want to see. You will note the bold text is the legal definition of an auction. The part that follows was the definition as defined in a specific case in some unknown jurisdiction.

Your defaulting to stazi type veiled threats is also quite telling too. I am sorry you don't like the facts I presented and feel the need to attack me personally rather than discuss the issue.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:49:38 AM

"Once a bid is accepted, the seller has no right to accept a higher bid, nor can a buyer withdraw the buyer’s bid[ii]. Generally, an auction is complete when the bid is accepted. A binding contract is created by the auction. The seller can also set a reserve price in advance. If the final bid does not reach the reserve price, the property remains unsold.

Note that the popular understanding of an auction is identical to the legal definition of an auction. Legally, an auction is defined as the “public sale of property to the highest bidder.” In Pitchfork Ranch Co. v. Bar TL, the court defined the term auction as “a public sale of property to the highest bidder by one licensed and authorized to do so and the goal is to obtain the best financial return for the seller by free and fair competition among bidders”.

Your reading comprehension is poor, but I guess I only see what I want to see. You will note the bold text is the legal definition of an auction. The part that follows was the definition as defined in a specific case in some unknown jurisdiction.

Your defaulting to stazi type veiled threats is also quite telling too. I am sorry you don't like the facts I presented and feel the need to attack me personally rather than discuss the issue.

"License Requirements

State laws regulate auctions by providing license to bona fide dealers. Each state has discretionary powers to impose regulations in auctions for general welfare of public. Administrative officers are provided discretionary power for granting licenses to auctioneers. The officials can refuse license if the character and qualifications of a person are not satisfactory. They can refuse license if public interest requires refusal of license. The state licensing board can revoke license of persons if they do not meet the standards of honesty, truthfulness, integrity, and competence imposed]. When a licensee violates the terms of the license, the license can be revoked. If the authorities receive complaint of defrauding clients, also, license can be revoked."

Excuse you? threats? You are the one making up shit about each auction on this forum acting under some laws while you are wrong, and I asked you an honest question if you have the proper licenses to have an online store on this forum and if you pay taxes on each sale. Take that as a threat if you are, but that just goes to show that you actually are.. insane.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 01:54:55 AM

"License Requirements

State laws regulate auctions by providing license to bona fide dealers. Each state has discretionary powers to impose regulations in auctions for general welfare of public. Administrative officers are provided discretionary power for granting licenses to auctioneers. The officials can refuse license if the character and qualifications of a person are not satisfactory. They can refuse license if public interest requires refusal of license. The state licensing board can revoke license of persons if they do not meet the standards of honesty, truthfulness, integrity, and competence imposed]. When a licensee violates the terms of the license, the license can be revoked. If the authorities receive complaint of defrauding clients, also, license can be revoked."

Excuse you? threats? You are the one making up shit about each auction on this forum acting under some laws while you are wrong, and I asked you an honest question if you have the proper licenses to have an online store on this forum and if you pay taxes on each sale. Take that as a threat if you are, but that just goes to show that you actually are.. insane.

You have fun digging through legal minutia and playing lawyer. The fact is he solicited a contract with clear terms and then violated those terms because of elements outside of his control, and then used his authority as staff to retroactively violate the original agreement.
So far you are the only one making personal attacks, but call me insane a few more times maybe the facts will vaporize.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:57:49 AM

"License Requirements

You have fun digging through legal minutia and playing lawyer. The fact is he solicited a contract with clear terms and then violated those terms because of elements outside of his control, and then used his authority as staff to retroactively violate the original agreement.
So far you are the only one making personal attacks, but call me insane a few more times maybe the facts will vaporize.

So I read through the link you provided, with facts you provided to look smart, and now I'm playing lawyer? Please Tecshare, you have to be smarter than this.

Do not refer to laws if you are not aware of the full extent of it, unless you want to make a fool of yourself.

You failed once again to reply to any of my questions regarding you and your sales, that's interesting.

I believe you are insane.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 02:04:28 AM

So I read through the link you provided, with facts you provided to look smart, and now I'm playing lawyer? Please Tecshare, you have to be smarter than this.

Do not refer to laws if you are not aware of the full extent of it, unless you want to make a fool of yourself.

You failed once again to reply to any of my questions regarding you and your sales, that's interesting.

I believe you are insane.

The difference between you and me is that I understand what I am reading. A contract was formed and violated, and contracts mean something around here regardless of jurisdiction or formality. End of story. None of the other nitpicking you do matters. Neither does your demand for questions as if you are some grand inquisitor and I am obligated to reply to you, about something completely off topic I might add.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: