Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:24:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Split: mprep's unethical violation of auction rules  (Read 1407 times)
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5930

Meh.

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:06:01 AM

So I read through the link you provided, with facts you provided to look smart, and now I'm playing lawyer? Please Tecshare, you have to be smarter than this.

Do not refer to laws if you are not aware of the full extent of it, unless you want to make a fool of yourself.

You failed once again to reply to any of my questions regarding you and your sales, that's interesting.

I believe you are insane.

The difference between you and me is that I understand what I am reading. A contract was formed and violated. End of story. None of the other nitpicking you do matters. Neither does your demand for questions as if you are some grand inquisitor and I am obligated to reply to you, about something completely off topic I might add.

A contract was never formed as mprep never acquired a license to host an auction. What are you smoking tecshare?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 02:11:06 AM

A contract was never formed as mprep never acquired a license to host an auction. What are you smoking tecshare?

A contract was formed and violated, and contracts mean something around here regardless of jurisdiction or formality. A license is not required for 2 parties to form a contract.

Also, I find it interesting that every one of your replies also includes a personal attack.
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:42:26 AM

A contract was formed and violated, and contracts mean something around here regardless of jurisdiction or formality. A license is not required for 2 parties to form a contract.

Also, I find it interesting that every one of your replies also includes a personal attack.

That's why I've stated prior that it is futile to engage with him...

Do me a favor first. 

Go create a auction thread... then edit that OP and let me know what world I'm from.

It's not a minor thing that Mprep did.

Let it be; you are trying to argue with someone who has long been a promoter and sign manager of an organisation that specializes in breaking rules and purportedly cheating players and the defence rests on the assumption that WHAT CAN U DO?

No wonder he feels comfy neglecting all parameters as he feels it is an online forum with little value; also if I remember correctly he said that things here are different from the real world. Dunno what that means Huh
BayAreaCoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 02:57:29 AM

I've changed my feedback given to Mprep to a neutral feedback since it appears that Mprep has taken action to correct his behavior in the "Auctions" section by adding Terms of Services to his OP that allows for him to change the ending dates as he pleases.  At least people know (or should know) what they are getting into when bidding with Mpreps.

The following is a group of private messages Mprep and I exchanged this year in regards to the subject:

Mprep,

I don't want to leave my negative feedback against you forever, but your retaliatory and untrue feedback against me is unacceptable.

What I propose is: 

1.  You remove your feedback against me.

2.  I will change my feedback to a neutral rating after you've successfully run two auctions honestly to show that you respect doing business properly.

3.  After two more auctions, I'll remove my feedback entirely because you should have figured out how to run an honest auction by that point.

We are all in the same boat here... we should try to be decent to each other.  I know that you and I just don't like each other and that is perfectly OK (not sure why some humans just dislike each other from the start, but that is life.) 

Respectfully,

Steven Steiner
BAC
While I appreciate your attempt at resolving the situation, IMO the proposal seems unfair. Here's what I suggest:

1. I remove the feedback against you.

2. You change your feedbacks to a neutral ones.

3. You keep the neutral feedback for as long as you feel is needed.

Obviously, I can't get into your brain and tell what your intentions were when you left the negative feedback, but from the timing (left a neutral feedback, I split the thread, you left negative feedback), the Trust text ("<...>Mprep edited his auction thread (auction thread are unable to be edited for a reason) to remove my calling him out on his bullshit auction extension<...>") and your previous reception to my moderation (the 2015 situation), to me (and probably to quite a few unrelated users) it seems like you left negative feedback for my moderation (which I consider incredibly untrustworthy and scummy), not the auction extension.

I have nothing against the neutral feedback for extending the auction - if some people find such actions questionable, they will be able to easily access said information while they're investigating my Trust feedback and make their decisions as to whether it's worth conducting business with me. However, leaving negative feedback for such actions, putting me in the same bracket as someone who peddles hacked accounts, fake positive Trust feedback or has been explicitly entrusted to keep money safe yet managed to lose it (e.g. TradeFortress) seems not only excessive but heavily biased against me.

Might I point out that you've also put me in the same bracket as those horrible folks as well with your retaliatory feedback?

At this time I believe that you've updated your signature auction thread with the proper terms and conditions that fit for you and won't throw any bidders any nasty surprises.  It has also been fast past the two months of negative feedback I proposed.

I'll be changing my negative feedback to a neutral feedback in about 5 minutes.

I would appreciate the reconsideration of your negative feedback against myself as well.

Respectfully,

BAC

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: