Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:55:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit Suggestion  (Read 213 times)
1020kingz (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:56:43 PM

Since merit is one of the best solution to prevent spamming and low quality post it has a good effect in the forum in these days. however merit system also affects others to rank up, maybe because they continue to post low quality post but on the other hand there are users that have good quality post but did not recognized by other user, my suggestion is how about the high rank members like legendary and hero members monitors the constructive post and give that user a merit so that user that creating good quality post will not taken for granted. why hero and legendary? they have nothing to do with their extra merits. i also suggest that in every sections there are moderators assigned to give merits in every user that makes a good quality post these moderators mostly likely the merit source to avoid abusing give away merit and give the right user a merit. why i suggest these because of this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3122415.0
if this suggestion is implemented many user are very affected since they cannot participate campaigns if they diddnt get a single merit in a month.
its only my suggestion and opinion as what i have seen in this forum. sorry for my grammar.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:37:32 PM

Mate your suggestion was already discuss many times and much better to look around and read many concern about merit. Also you say that it has a good impact in the forum why do you want to change some policy if it was running smoothly in this forum.
If you look around this forum you will see that many high ranked member distributed their merit for the deserving member and most of them are doing some event for merit to boost or force members to post high quality for merit.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 11:40:48 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2018, 11:58:51 PM by finaleshot2016

i'm seeing a forum that is very complicated, the time will come that forum will have more restrictions and only Full Member up will stay on that way after many years. Yeah it's good though but i think we must focus more on how we will implement more contents and topics that will help other members here. This is where i learn all about cryptocurrency and now it's being required to have a merit. There are few merit donor in some sections like altcoins discussion and bitcoin discussion, there are many participants who post their ideas in their since bitcoin is the main course of joining here. Meta is no. 1 section that has a merit source, if you post a content about the system of this forum and it's a very interesting idea you'll receive many merits, i dont have problem with that but the things is we should focus on knowledge about cryptocurrency right? I mean merit system is enough for me, it's really hard for some members to gain merits. Let's be fair because some of them are just starting and some are busy because of having a regular work or studying. I saw many jr. members and members that are always posting a quality post in the local and some discussions but still don't have a merit, do you think it's fair?

Another thing is your suggestions are the same with other contents, you're just summing up things that is already created. But still it's a good idea.
coloseum

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:43:12 PM

I don't think your opinion is right! There are merit sources which are actively have have been allocated merit points by the forum to verify threaded quality and send merits to which threads deserved merits.
Additionally, there are lots of normal users (not merit sources), including Junior members to Hero/ Ledgandary members, who are readily to send merits to high-quality, constructive threads. Please remember that every users in the forum have rights to verify threads' quality and have rights to give their smerits away, no privileges for only Hero/ Ledgandary members.
The problem is you think that your threads deserved merits, but I wonder whether they are really deserved merits or not. Do you know what I mean?
Keep contributing to the forum with your threads, then you will get merit some days.
Thirio

Merit: 47

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:56:47 PM

how about the high rank members like legendary and hero members monitors the constructive post and give that user a merit so that user that creating good quality post will not taken for granted. why hero and legendary? they have nothing to do with their extra merits.
The current system is doing this though, even better. High ranked members helping low ranks by giving off their sMerits provided that the receiver would show their "quality work", and it's up to them if they would give or not, and even members(average ranked) are doing the same. But this isn't mandatory, this just show that members of all rank cares and want to help low ranks grow.

What I meant by even better is that, everyone including low ranks which has received a few merits can participate on this merit giving making the circulation of merit evenly throughout the forum.

i also suggest that in every sections there are moderators assigned to give merits in every user that makes a good quality post these moderators mostly likely the merit source to avoid abusing give away merit and give the right user a merit.
This suggestion isn't new, there are quite a few people suggesting each section would have a merit source, including me. But based from what i've read before(i haven't read much these past few days), there are currently 77 merit sources here on the forum (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=sources) i'm sure if it's still isn't enough, Theymos would accept more applicants.

EDIT: The above post we're made as i was creating this but nonetheless, i don't like to spam answers.

1020kingz (OP)

Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:07:42 AM

Mate your suggestion was already discuss many times and much better to look around and read many concern about merit. Also you say that it has a good impact in the forum why do you want to change some policy if it was running smoothly in this forum.
If you look around this forum you will see that many high ranked member distributed their merit for the deserving member and most of them are doing some event for merit to boost or force members to post high quality for merit.
this is for improvement mate, im sorry for everyone that i didnt read this suggestion in the previous thread, maybe i missed this thread or post regarding merits. its just my thoughts though.
Janation

Merit: 528

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:24:24 AM

I also suggest that in every sections there are moderators assigned to give merits in every user that makes a good quality post

In our local board, our moderator usually gives us merits as long as that post is worthy of merit. That mod always checks the posts and if that thread is great, he is not deleting that and giving the OP merit if he finds it interesting.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:37:57 AM

I also suggest that in every sections there are moderators assigned to give merits in every user that makes a good quality post

In our local board, our moderator usually gives us merits as long as that post is worthy of merit. That mod always checks the posts and if that thread is great, he is not deleting that and giving the OP merit if he finds it interesting.
That is a remarkable thing, you are in a very interesting local section and it will make the local section quite popular. Currently merit may be quite limited to only be in a few sections only, can be said this is quite limited. For the local section, the distribution of the percentage may be small. I've seen and can say that there are only a few sections and the most are in the meta section.
Janation

Merit: 528

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:52:36 AM

That is a remarkable thing, you are in a very interesting local section and it will make the local section quite popular. Currently merit may be quite limited to only be in a few sections only, can be said this is quite limited. For the local section, the distribution of the percentage may be small. I've seen and can say that there are only a few sections and the most are in the meta section.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3093768.msg31934877#msg31934877

Based on this thread, the most distributed threads of merit are the local section and the most given merit is the Economy board and not really the Meta Section.
I think you are saying that Meta has the most because most of the people here are giving merit but not all of the members are giving the merits here.
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 07:15:11 AM

what to do when spammers will generate enough merit to abuse the system? its not hard to imagine hike of rigged PnD groups just for that case. regular users don't have same resources to generate merit and shady way, balanced scaling might be a thick wall. or it will be very strict source distribution?

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:21:43 AM

I agree. There must be a moderator in giving merits. Some high ranks gives merit to those non sense post. I've seen many times and their are quality posts that is not given by merits.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
hurry_hore

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:27:37 AM

Merit is still interesting topic to many members as mostly of members are challenged to be ranked up, there are many effects as the result positively even negatively. I just go through to take the challenge even there is not clear what and how is the good quality post as I see the merit giving is far from objective. This thing to be improved for this merit system.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
pham42760

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:17:40 AM

I agree. There must be a moderator in giving merits. Some high ranks gives merit to those non sense post. I've seen many times and their are quality posts that is not given by merits.
For merit system, we have already had lots of moderators (I would like to called them as community-moderators). Who are they? They are all users in the forum. All users have rights to evaluate quality of each thread they read; and they also have rights to send their sMerits to which threads deserved Merits.
Consequently, I don't think we need specific moderators for managing merits circulation in the forum.  Grin
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:59:01 AM

my suggestion is how about the high rank members like legendary and hero members monitors the constructive post and give that user a merit.

I'm one of them, you can call us heroes and legends or merit sources.

if this suggestion is implemented many user are very affected since they cannot participate campaigns if they diddnt get a single merit in a month.

How about me suggesting to implement a pay per post policy? you wouldn't be able to even post your application if that is implemented. not only preventing you from joining campaigns, but preventing you from ranking up if you are a garbage poster is the whole purpose of Merit on this forum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3122415.0

That topic though. what I suggested before, no merits were given to those posts, but many were given because the author of the topic suggested that. do you see me bitching about it? this thread is trash worthy, I wont report it. because we all should have our opinions heard, one would have a stupid opinion, one would have something of value, latter would receive merits.

🖤😏
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: