Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:48:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's Keep It Crypto  (Read 244 times)
grendel25 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:26:03 AM

As much as I want to be a law abiding citizen, pay my taxes, support my nation, etc... I also want crytpocurrency to remain a lot like it is now.  Sure, I don't want to see Billion dollar digital heists but I also don't care to see banks call the shots on how cryptocurrency is perceived.

I guess when the red squiggly line under cryptocurrency goes away the party will truly be over.  For now, cryptocurrency still isn't even recognized as a word by chrome spellcheck.  I hope it stays that way forever.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:34:42 AM

Governments and banks want different blockchains. Blockchains that'd make Orwell cry in a corner. Sure we'll get government issues cryptocurrencies: CRYPTOFIAT. All your transactions will be traced, monitored and taxed automatically.

Of course, they'll make exceptions for certain individuals...

trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:39:09 AM

Governments and banks want different blockchains. Blockchains that'd make Orwell cry in a corner. Sure we'll get government issues cryptocurrencies: CRYPTOFIAT. All your transactions will be traced, monitored and taxed automatically.

Man... That is one dark idea... Hope that it never comes to this. What would we do if things come to this? This is why everybody should abandon Ripple, they are taking banks in to cryptocurrencies and introduing them the blockchain technology. If things will become like this, Ripple will be responsible.
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:48:11 AM
Merited by European Central Bank (2)

Man... That is one dark idea... Hope that it never comes to this. What would we do if things come to this? This is why everybody should abandon Ripple, they are taking banks in to cryptocurrencies and introduing them the blockchain technology. If things will become like this, Ripple will be responsible.

Ripple is insignificant and will also go to 0. Governments will create their own closed sourced blockchains.

Cryptofiat is already happening.

https://decentralize.today/the-rise-of-cryptofiat-860cc8a2453b

We'll move into a cashless panopticon Big Brother society. Your subconscious will always be aware everything you earn and spend will be seen by government eyes.

Maybe it's not so bad for the next generation. I mean, a whole generation grew up not having lived the world before Facebook and Google. And they're fine with those companies knowing more about them than themselves. They don't hate them, they embrace them!

acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:02:50 AM

As much as I want to be a law abiding citizen, pay my taxes, support my nation, etc... I also want crytpocurrency to remain a lot like it is now.  Sure, I don't want to see Billion dollar digital heists but I also don't care to see banks call the shots on how cryptocurrency is perceived.

I guess when the red squiggly line under cryptocurrency goes away the party will truly be over.  For now, cryptocurrency still isn't even recognized as a word by chrome spellcheck.  I hope it stays that way forever.
Yeah!! that is true. I think popularity of bitcoin, altcoins, cryptocurrencies and blockchain led to the alarm that caused many FUDs and has brought us thus far, with everything turning red here and there. Anyways i also think that is good. This is an opportunity for crypto to take its greatest test of all time, and when all this is over, we'll be good to go once again. I also do think that crypto should lay low for a while and then when that occurs, those who don't give a shit about crypto will stop the bad panic news they spread about crypto. When that happens, the implications are that we won't earn very huge amount, we'll earn moderately but sustainability will then prevail. Other than that, governments, banks will continue to be on our neck till they make crypto uncomfortable for us. We are not giving up anyways. Crypto has come to stay and will stay
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:17:06 AM

I hope so too.
It's hard to think that the crypto world is being populated and yet it is being brought down. It can be seen in plain view. They want a piece of it.  Grin
If that is the case then it would be better to stay at a minimal number rather than getting more investors coming in. But I guess it wont happen, looks like the crypto world is the apple of the eye of the governments now. Why not? There is shitload of money inside it and where there is money, there is also the greedy government following it saying: "You cannot be free!"

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:22:14 AM

No central or state authority regulates bitcoin / Altcoin so that its accounts can not be frozen. Thereby also money or account contents on bitcoin wallet no one guarantee.
The reason a bank forbids is in order to implement the principles of prudence, safeguarding business competition, risk control, and consumer protection. And in essence this is probably about competition between banks and crypto. Go to the moon Grin
VackFromOhm

Activity: 234

It's turtles all the way down!

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:30:22 AM

I hope so too.
It's hard to think that the crypto world is being populated and yet it is being brought down. It can be seen in plain view. They want a piece of it.  Grin
If that is the case then it would be better to stay at a minimal number rather than getting more investors coming in. But I guess it wont happen, looks like the crypto world is the apple of the eye of the governments now. Why not? There is shitload of money inside it and where there is money, there is also the greedy government following it saying: "You cannot be free!"
I've now been in crypto trading for just over a year now, and I have to say that I can completely understand where you all are coming from, especially after being one of my few friends that are still in this for the long run, though the rest of them left after not being able to handle the volatility.

While there is a shitload of money of money in this, it's a hard place to put your money, and that's going to always have that negative pressure on the market as long as we have this huge influx of new users each year. At least, imo.

The OP makes a really good point in that the best case scenario means that the government gets involved enough for us to be protected, but not Orwellian involved. Unfortunately, it'll probably spiral out of our control and into the government's with their own blockchains, and we'll have to rely on the O.G. coins for us to keep our privacy and our right to truly own our own money.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:07:42 AM

Unfortunately this state of things cannot last for long, this is a transitory stage where bitcoin can go in two different directions, in the first scenario it can go down and its popularity never reaches a point higher than the current one and then it disappears, the second scenario the most likely is that bitcoin becomes more popular it becomes more widely used and this will attract more regulation.
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:19:56 AM

No central or state authority regulates bitcoin / Altcoin so that its accounts can not be frozen. Thereby also money or account contents on bitcoin wallet no one guarantee.
The reason a bank forbids is in order to implement the principles of prudence, safeguarding business competition, risk control, and consumer protection. And in essence this is probably about competition between banks and crypto. Go to the moon Grin
This topic may be discussed later in the G20 forum, I started to worry about the future of crypto.
I think will continue to fall in some countries and this will be the most interesting drama in 2018.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
zahrah74

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:27:29 AM
Merited by Gridness (1)

No central or state authority regulates bitcoin / Altcoin so its account can not be frozen
The reason why banks prohibit to apply the principles of prudence, safeguarding business competition, risk control, and consumer protection. And the bottom line is probably about the competition between banks and crypto.
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:55:27 AM

This topic may be discussed later in the G20 forum, I started to worry about the future of crypto.
I think will continue to fall in some countries and this will be the most interesting drama in 2018.

What drama is going on in crypto? so the crypto price goes down. and will btc down to $ 7000?
SGToken

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:00:08 AM

Well, BTC was created not only for its community, but also for the people around the world, for mass adoption. The nature of crypocurrency should be anti-cencorship and rule/law resistant. Nowadays, many crypocurrency, including some "big" names, are no longer following these principles. Be aware and choose wisely when investing.
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:29:35 PM

I hope the G20 does not become a big FUD because its effect is quite sensitive to altcoin prices. and I think they're just going to discuss matters of regulation related to money laundering.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:19:42 AM

Well, BTC was created not only for its community, but also for the people around the world, for mass adoption. The nature of crypocurrency should be anti-cencorship and rule/law resistant. Nowadays, many crypocurrency, including some "big" names, are no longer following these principles. Be aware and choose wisely when investing.
The reason for that is very simple many people are only thinking about getting profits and as long as they can do that they do not care about the principle and the reasons of why cryptocurrencies were created the first place, but this means that those cryptocurrencies that do not follow those principles will probably disappear in the long term.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:28:08 AM

Well luckly the results on G20 a few days ago about crypto is not negative, they says crypto is not a threat and they define crypto as assets.

What drama is going on in crypto? so the crypto price goes down. and will btc down to $ 7000?

Thank god it's not happen for now but it's still risky, this year 2018 is the bad start for cryptocurrency. So many bad news about crypto and i'm afraid we might see btc down to $7000 again.
godless_toast

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 02:32:42 AM

yeah this is what scares me too. "fedcoin" will replace the fiat currency and they will track your purchases and keep people in their place. fortunately i think there's ways to make sure the gov doesn't know what you buy and such
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:41:54 AM

There will always be a cryptocurrency like how it is now just like there will always be someone to oppose the majority. Never in the history of mankind has a large group of people collectively agreed on a single idea without resistance. There will always be those who seek decentralization and freedom from "the man."

Rest assured bitcoin will always be decentralized.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:45:19 AM

Yeah, Crypto is getting co-opted pretty hard right now. I am torn between wanting to keep things crypto, but also want to see a more efficient world (and also make money ahaha)

The world don't stop turning....

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:51:31 AM

I highly doubt crypto will remain like an underground system forever. Sooner or later it will continue to grow big and governments are starting to notice. Possible regulations by more countries will really happen especially if scam projects continues.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆