Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most crypto millionaires forgot that they had crypto!  (Read 707 times)
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:12:03 AM

This is my council to you, invest some amount which you can afford to loose completely and then just forget that you have crypto, don't care much about the current prices. Be a F* HODLER.
Most crypto millionaires were holders and they didn't even know that.
Don't try everyday to understand the market and neither try to take profit from every bounce - you'll probably give it back to the market another day.
I will leave some quotes from Jesse Livermore which I assume are great for this topic:

“After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this:  It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!”

“Remember this: When you are doing nothing, those speculators who feel they must trade day in and day out, are laying the foundation for your next venture. You will reap benefits from their mistakes.

This is true but without luck it will be useless. There are lot of us who deeply hold lot of coins during the latest ultimate dips in which the results was totally disappointment and frustration that if we just sell it earlier we maybe cut the losses. In holding we need constant monitoring and reviewing the update to ensure the safety of our assets not just to forget then rely on luck that someday it will become unexpectedly expensive this is because every hard earned money is very important even that amount is affordable to lose.
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:20:03 AM

-Stanley Druckenmiller

Meaning: The main purpose of trader is to be able to return trading in tomorrow. It's useless to try to get a big profit if you do not know how to protect capital. When trading, take a profit as high as possible and minimize loss as low as possible.
xclusiveguy

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:37:24 AM

That's why it's good to hold for a long time, ask those who held xvg.... Sweet story
mobilezz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:05:00 AM

It's interesting how I can invest a small amount in the top coin, so that the quantity is also worthy. More and more I meet portfolios where coins are at the level of 1 dollar and in the first it is even more risk, and secondly it is not known what will happen to them at such next crash and how long it will take to get a good profit from them.

coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:32:10 AM

Sometimes I can also forget coins I buy like 6 months ago or something. Its very common thing in crypto. Also some artists create promotions for interest to show themselves using crypto (selling albums with bitcoin) but they look later on.

slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:32:29 PM

Totally agree with the OP.  Know a guy that a few months ago found over 150 btc had been sitting in his Dropbox account from back when he used to mine it to test computers at work several years ago.   No way he would have kept it this long if he had known about it.  Likely would have sold when btc was $70-100.
The problem right now is that for us its impossible to forget about our coins, since we know our coins can become very valuable so the best compromise and the best thing we can do is to artificially forget about our holdings that way you will be able to hold for longer that if you were looking at the price every single minute of the day.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 03:52:25 PM

Based on graph, it's worth for investor to keep hold btc as long as possible but the problem is when this day has come.

The day when everything is on red ,
The day when everything is blaming on bitcoin
The day when everything is pessimistic !

Of course it's called temptation , people who had overcome the temptation shall be reward.
So Keep HOLD your btc and you will be reward named PROFIT !
|Bitkoin|

Activity: 273

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:55:24 PM

The point to note here is being a hodler is what it takes to become rich through crypto. If you look at the historical prices than a person who would have hedl would had made better returns than say someone who was trading.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 06:22:03 PM

Everyone should just keep HODLing until BTC hits 100K.

Rodimill8

Activity: 238

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 09:04:43 PM

This is my council to you, invest some amount which you can afford to loose completely and then just forget that you have crypto, don't care much about the current prices. Be a F* HODLER.
Don't try everyday to understand the market and neither try to take profit from every bounce - you'll probably give it back to the market another day.
I will leave some quotes from Jesse Livermore which I assume are great for this topic:

“After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this:  It never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!”

“Remember this: When you are doing nothing, those speculators who feel they must trade day in and day out, are laying the foundation for your next venture. You will reap benefits from their mistakes.

totally agree with you. To get the maximum profit, you just need to be an investor rather than a trader. However it is important to pick up coins at cheap prices. The most important enemy on the market is yourself and your greed and illusion that you can earn more then long investor.  I think, thant people who entered cryptomarket in 2015-17 years feels good even in this big market dump.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 810

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:31:08 PM

Based on graph, it's worth for investor to keep hold btc as long as possible but the problem is when this day has come.

The day when everything is on red ,
The day when everything is blaming on bitcoin
The day when everything is pessimistic !

Of course it's called temptation , people who had overcome the temptation shall be reward.
So Keep HOLD your btc and you will be reward named PROFIT !

Exactly, you need to have that mental toughness not to be tempted although sometimes its good to offload some of your stack and take the profits during mooning. But for the long haul, its better to hold and just totally forgot about it and came back after a year or two to check how your things are going.

As for those who have totally forgotten but was able to get back and remember everything then its your lucky day. I for one can't remember where I put my private keys way back years ago. But I'm cool though, I was able to get over it but sometimes I think I should be crypto millionaires today. HeHeHeHe.

But just like most of us here, HODL, HODL and more HODL.  Wink Cheesy Smiley
8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:39:47 PM

I have to agree, If you have a good spread of coins in your portfolio today and just stopped doing anything with them for say 5 years. My guess would be at least one or two of those coins would have exploded in profits. The problem being is you could miss some bigger opportunities in that time.
lagniapp3

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:08:56 AM

lol, I think a smart person (and most of the millionaires are smart people) caring about their investments and checking their stats periodically in order to understand what happening and foresee the possible market development.

correction. most of your self-made millionaires.
Kulllianll

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:59:46 PM

Good advice, especially if you have a lot of money and no time at all.
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 02:18:35 PM

To my mind you just made a wrong conclusion. I could say, "Well, who did always hold huge amounts of BTC? Big drugdeallers! So let's everyone become drugdealles!"

It was just an element of good fortune, there are no signs that this will happen once again in our lifes. Holding is not a way to earn now. We should be smarter, learn technical analysis and get a skill to analyse new projects and find a future BTC among numerous scams.

Hamphser

Activity: 2492
Merit: 328

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:13:45 PM

This is true but without luck it will be useless. There are lot of us who deeply hold lot of coins during the latest ultimate dips in which the results was totally disappointment and frustration that if we just sell it earlier we maybe cut the losses. In holding we need constant monitoring and reviewing the update to ensure the safety of our assets not just to forget then rely on luck that someday it will become unexpectedly expensive this is because every hard earned money is very important even that amount is affordable to lose.
Not only luck but also the capability on knowing potential coins which are really worth to hold on.If we do see on all altcoins in the market.Hitting up the golden opportunity on a particular altcoins would really be hard.Its normal for a trader or investor to think and react on the things that will happen along the way.Doubts and price reaction would be there,for those people who got millionaires do somehow accompanied with luck or either they dont totally expect that for that coin rised up it price in a matter of long time.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:43:30 PM

On the flip side there are millions of bitcoins that people lost the keys to or the backup files.  You can't really blame them, no one knew that bitcoin would reach any sort of value in the future.
airdropan

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

♦♦♦♦♦

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 04:04:04 PM

not that all true but yeah
i can say i agree with u
when u wanna do long invest that best way , buy some cheap coin/token then forget it open after 1 or 2 years maybe?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
cakmabokgot

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 04:07:56 PM

I have tons of airdrops in MEW. I am planning to take them to my Trezor and forgot about them. Maybe one of them will be the next bitcoin. Ahaha just kidding none of them will be a bitcoin level coin. Maybe one of them can make it up to the top 20 coins.
Pray and hodl and hope!
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 07:46:05 PM

Actually, for me, those cryptomillionaires who forgot all about their crypto were just all plain lucky guys. I've read some stories about them and mostly, everything starts with them mining bitcoin when it was first introduced, years ago. Their mindset back then was "I just wanted to test it out." And of course, the mining goes on, bitcoin wasn't as popular or as high value as it was during the consecutive years, so in the end, it was forgotten, not because they plan to hold it for a long term. They forgot it because it plainly doesn't have any "high" value that time. That's why I think they were really lucky if they manage to keep it up until now.

However, if people now, do the same, just keep their coins (bitcoins) or any other cryptocurrency sitting for years, then I'll say they're no longer lucky. Now, they'll be labelled as optimistic, risk-taker, and a patient investor.I am sure that with  cryptocurrency's popularity now, holding coins for years just like what was mentioned will bring a lot of profit.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: