Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT]--MOTACOIN--LOS ANGELES BASED MARIJUANA DIGITAL CURRENCY  (Read 22111 times)
Jahvinci (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 45

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2019, 06:29:38 PM

MotaCoin has been showing a lot of good efforts and partnerships from their previous updates and this is what every project needs to do in order to be successful.

Thanks! Not to mention our sweet software Smiley

We are the only cannabis coin with a full spread of wallets! (iOS wallet, Android, Windows/Linux/Mac, paper wallet)

www.Motacoin.net - Launched March 18th, 2018 - Los Angeles based Cannabis Cryptocurrency!
www.Instagram.com/Motacoin | www.T.me/MotaCoin
www.Twitter.com/Motacoin_ | https://discord.gg/KMJrZZp
HashBro

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2019, 11:00:21 PM

MOTA available on:

Mining-Dutch Pools

https://www.mining-dutch.nl/

Payout:
Proportional in any currency every 15 minutes.

Mining modes:
We offer the following modes that are all completely isolated from each other.
1. Multiport (can be Solo / Party )
2. Normal Pooled + Custom sets
3. Solo + Custom sets
4. Party + Custom sets

Peers list:
addnode=54.190.51.130:17420
addnode=23.82.185.34:17420
addnode=173.212.214.140:17420
addnode=167.71.142.12:17420
addnode=35.232.41.220:17420
addnode=101.78.166.3:17420
addnode=5.58.146.156:17420
addnode=34.219.120.106:17420
addnode=67.185.99.141:17420
addnode=98.245.79.71:17420
addnode=68.96.110.226:17420
addnode=201.63.95.70:17420
addnode=86.170.219.14:17420

https://i.imgur.com/BhFfhhh.png
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2019, 08:03:28 PM

MOTA available on:

Mining-Dutch Pools

https://www.mining-dutch.nl/

Payout:
Proportional in any currency every 15 minutes.

Mining modes:
We offer the following modes that are all completely isolated from each other.
1. Multiport (can be Solo / Party )
2. Normal Pooled + Custom sets
3. Solo + Custom sets
4. Party + Custom sets

Peers list:
addnode=54.190.51.130:17420
addnode=23.82.185.34:17420
addnode=173.212.214.140:17420
addnode=167.71.142.12:17420
addnode=35.232.41.220:17420
addnode=101.78.166.3:17420
addnode=5.58.146.156:17420
addnode=34.219.120.106:17420
addnode=67.185.99.141:17420
addnode=98.245.79.71:17420
addnode=68.96.110.226:17420
addnode=201.63.95.70:17420
addnode=86.170.219.14:17420

Looks great, thanks for the add.

www.Motacoin.net - Launched March 18th, 2018 - Los Angeles based Cannabis Cryptocurrency!
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2019, 11:33:14 PM

We have another business claiming their coins from the recruitment fund, GreenLeaf Magazine is claiming 100k for a lifetime of ads and features in their magazine! Humble Family Farms gets the referring party bonus of 25k!

Toplistico.com

Activity: 209
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 03:17:58 AM

projects that will target the mariyuna industry, even though in some countries marijuana is not legal, sounds interesting. Btw, even though I know this project is under development, but you should pay more attention to the user interface of the website.
Sincere_

Activity: 716
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 02:35:02 PM

as i was checking further details for this project, i found out that you have no data yet in cmc =

it is better to have info on that site to give idea where mota can be traded at. though i know you can find it on your website but cmc is usually the first stop to get info of altcoins.

Agreed, however CMC requires 2 exchanges that are CMC certified in order to have them update the info. We aren't going to be paying absurd amounts for listings on any more centralized exchanges due to limitless problems that arise through hacks, exit scams, and random delistings (Cryptopia, Binance, Bittrex - THC, DOPE, CANN, POT) We are working with a DEX right now getting MotaCoin setup, and it should be ready shortly. This DEX will be getting certified with CMC, and once that happens we'll contact CMC. In the meantime we're on CoinGecko.

This is true cmc requirements of 2 exchanges you guys will get there and  you guys are doing the right thing let it grow organically and add value the marijuana industry will be huge or is huge already. Good that I see you guys are getting more marijuana businesss to accept mota coin that’s going to make true value come out of this project.
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 07:50:38 PM

projects that will target the mariyuna industry, even though in some countries marijuana is not legal, sounds interesting. Btw, even though I know this project is under development, but you should pay more attention to the user interface of the website.

Sure, do you have any recommendations in particular?

Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 07:59:02 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2019, 08:12:58 PM by Jahvinci

as i was checking further details for this project, i found out that you have no data yet in cmc =

it is better to have info on that site to give idea where mota can be traded at. though i know you can find it on your website but cmc is usually the first stop to get info of altcoins.

Agreed, however CMC requires 2 exchanges that are CMC certified in order to have them update the info. We aren't going to be paying absurd amounts for listings on any more centralized exchanges due to limitless problems that arise through hacks, exit scams, and random delistings (Cryptopia, Binance, Bittrex - THC, DOPE, CANN, POT) We are working with a DEX right now getting MotaCoin setup, and it should be ready shortly. This DEX will be getting certified with CMC, and once that happens we'll contact CMC. In the meantime we're on CoinGecko.

This is true cmc requirements of 2 exchanges you guys will get there and  you guys are doing the right thing let it grow organically and add value the marijuana industry will be huge or is huge already. Good that I see you guys are getting more marijuana businesss to accept mota coin that’s going to make true value come out of this project.

Absolutely, we've made our number one priority software, which has allowed us to spearhead the adoption movement. We had over dozens and dozens of people download our mobile wallets immediately following the MotaCup, which was only possible through having paper wallets, mobile wallets and the ability to seamlessly transfer coins to and from paper wallets using QR code scanners. Our superior tech has turbo charged our push for adoption. We were caught off guard by TradeSatoshi suspending United States trading, which unfortunately happened right after the MotaCup, so we're adding another exchange very soon, perhaps this week, which will allow all the new users from the MotaCup to enter the market. Something we are very excited about is the number of people who are learning crypto through MotaCoin, by far the majority of our new users are using MotaCoin as their very first cryptocurrency, which is spot on target for us. Having seasoned cryptocurrency users adopt MotaCoin is nice, but our goal is push adoption, so this means we're definitely on track with our vision.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 08:00:10 PM

Is marijuana not illegal in the USA? I would find it strange if the authorities in the US allows something linked to weed. Personally I dont think it is a good idea (1) because it is crypto and (2) because of the connotation to weed.
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 08:18:23 PM

Is marijuana not illegal in the USA? I would find it strange if the authorities in the US allows something linked to weed. Personally I dont think it is a good idea (1) because it is crypto and (2) because of the connotation to weed.

It's not backed by a cannabis commodity like CANN or MARYJ, to put it simply, we're just like bitcoin but with a different name and different logo. Now obviously, there are vast differences between MotaCoin and Bitcoin in terms of staking, mining, coin supply, etc, but in terms of the legal status, owning and using MotaCoin doesn't involve cannabis. You can spend Bitcoin at dispensaries, but that doesn't (and shouldn't) make bitcoin illegal.

Cannabis is fully legal (recreational) in a number of states, including California, which is where we are based. I can understand your apprehension to cannabis linked organizations if you are outside of the USA or Canada, but in the these two countries cannabis is very legal and becoming a huge industry. I think cannabis and crypto are very complimentary, they both tend to nurture divergent thinking, and have a surprising overlap in users.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 09:52:11 PM

It's not backed by a cannabis commodity like CANN or MARYJ, to put it simply, we're just like bitcoin but with a different name and different logo. Now obviously, there are vast differences between MotaCoin and Bitcoin in terms of staking, mining, coin supply, etc, but in terms of the legal status, owning and using MotaCoin doesn't involve cannabis. You can spend Bitcoin at dispensaries, but that doesn't (and shouldn't) make bitcoin illegal.

Cannabis is fully legal (recreational) in a number of states, including California, which is where we are based. I can understand your apprehension to cannabis linked organizations if you are outside of the USA or Canada, but in the these two countries cannabis is very legal and becoming a huge industry. I think cannabis and crypto are very complimentary, they both tend to nurture divergent thinking, and have a surprising overlap in users.

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that cannabis is legal in several states in the USA for recreational use. I though it is illegal with the exception of medical use.
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2019, 10:50:20 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that cannabis is legal in several states in the USA for recreational use. I though it is illegal with the exception of medical use.

No problem, Canada is actually leading the way with full recreational use nationwide.

In the USA, the following states are 100% recreational:
Alaska, California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Illinoise, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, Oregon, Vermont and Washington.

Source: (https://disa.com/map-of-marijuana-legality-by-state)

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 06:37:04 AM

You mention that this is not backed by cannabis commodity, but can motacoin be used in purchasing marijuana if that shop is accepting mota coin as payment? Because what is the purpose of using the tagline as LA-based marijuana digital currency if you are not dealing with marijuana industry in any means? Are there shops which are already utilising your coin as payment method?
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 08:53:24 PM

You mention that this is not backed by cannabis commodity, but can motacoin be used in purchasing marijuana if that shop is accepting mota coin as payment? Because what is the purpose of using the tagline as LA-based marijuana digital currency if you are not dealing with marijuana industry in any means? Are there shops which are already utilising your coin as payment method?

Yes, MotaCoin can be used to purchase anything at the four locations accepting it. MotaCoin is definitely used in the cannabis market, but each MotaCoin is not the equivalent of a specified, static amount of cannabis. For example, CannabisCoin (CANN) is backed by 1 gram of cannabis per coin. Maryjanecoin is supposed to be backed by 1 gram of hash per coin. So in those cases, each coin is an amount of cannabis regardless of the price. MotaCoin does not do that. MotaCoin is used to purchase cannabis, but the amount purchased depends on the prices of that dispensary. If you took 5 CANN to a dispensary, they are supposed to give you 5 grams of the CannabisCoin strain. CANN and MARYJ are pegged to 1 gram of cannabis and hash respectively. MOTA is accepted at several retailers, not just dispensaries, so you can use it on cannabis, or you can even buy a drone with it on http://market.mobilepaycoin.com

Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 01:58:15 AM

We are announcing a new exchange listing!!
MotaCoin has been listed on Unnamed Exchange!
I've heard great things about this exchange, and am impressed both with the UI but also the team in charge. They have 24/7 support, and will take great care of us!

MotaCoin has 5 trading pairs:
MOTA / BTC
MOTA / LTC
MOTA / ETH
MOTA / DOGE
MOTA / uTip

Here's a link to our primary trading market:
https://www.unnamed.exchange/Exchange?market=MOTA_BTC

Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2019, 12:30:24 AM

Just updated the website, let me know if you have any comments  Smiley

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 03, 2019, 08:41:48 PM

Can you also include the shops or merchants that are accepting motacoin as payment? At least we know where we can actually use this coin for other purposes other than trading. Thanks.
necromastery

Activity: 1414
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2019, 09:29:31 PM

Can you also include the shops or merchants that are accepting motacoin as payment? At least we know where we can actually use this coin for other purposes other than trading. Thanks.
Yeah, it will become another useful information and at the same time will attract many people. But if he is a developer who has a high goal, surely he also wants the coin to be used as a payment option.
Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 10:21:39 PM

Done, its now right under the list of exchanges, titled "Spend your MOTA"

Jahvinci (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 10:23:34 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2019, 10:58:05 PM by Jahvinci

Just updated the website, let me know if you have any comments  Smiley

Yeah, it will become another useful information and at the same time will attract many people. But if he is a developer who has a high goal, surely he also wants the coin to be used as a payment option.

We are making substantial progress moving towards being a ubiquitious payment option, check out the section under the list of exchanges to see the various places you can spend motacoin  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: