Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard - an ultimate guide  (Read 1953 times)
broilsemla0

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:25:48 PM

some times we have to work hard only like we cannot use automated bots in some typing works. we have to do it by ourselves only

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:34:57 PM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
Only work smartly to make a profit, I think a hard-working person will not be as profitable as a smart person. Useful for investors, but without the intelligence, the investor will be at risk in their work.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:44:34 PM

To me I think both are needed. You can't go beyond yourself without working hard enough. And also you won't get the success without smart move.
Suppose you work in a restaurant. You work hard full day and earn a little bit more than the others. Suddenly you saw that one of you colleague resigned. If it's possible then you can also look after that post. As a result of which you will get extra money and also you will gained the trust of you boss. But yes I don't support hard working over your limits. I think if you can then you must work hard but also with smart moves. Because I personally think that both of them depends on each others.
This is one of those things that is difficult for some to understand but that are very obvious, some people think they will have a good idea one day and start business and make a fortune without working hard but it doesn't work that way if you look at most of the successful inventors and discoveries in the history of humanity you will see people that invested an enormous amount of time in order to find a way to make their products work, so it is impossible to just work hard or work smart, you need both if you want to be successful.
dx_twisted

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 01:01:02 AM

Only work smartly to make a profit, I think a hard-working person will not be as profitable as a smart person. Useful for investors, but without the intelligence, the investor will be at risk in their work.

To make it simple, working hard is following the basic rule in which you will go through a long and difficult process in order to achieve something. Working smart is having a unique and creative idea to cut the proccess. Hence, achieving the goal in a short period of time.

Take the story of Hare and the Turtle race, in which the latter won by outsmarting the hardworking and fast running hare.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:10:29 AM

For me it is a very nice blend because both are in dire need for success, have one thing in common that is closely related. I think the good view you see from the positive side.

I think the same way too. I think making smart choices and decisions with work does imply
that you are a hard worker with promising potential and goals. Being smart and responsible
in the commitments assimilates the fact that you have a lot going on and success is at your
sights if you put a lot of work and thought in it. With the fast and developing technologies
today, the vast array and availability of tools and information, anybody can produce efficient
strategies and solutions to a number of obstacles, challenges and goals. It's a wonderful thing
having to be smart and working hard at it, a promising fusion of excellent qualities.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:15:14 AM

I think it is more in favor if you will be working smart because that is the key for the people to have a faster progress toward success rather than those people who want to become successful that will undergo to the method of working hard because working hard will require a lot of effort and energy while working smart will require less energy but more intellectual so you will execute things faster.
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:20:43 AM

Working smart is essentially about improving productivity. Producing more with less resources and less time. And with improved productivity comes improved profits.

So yeah, without the urge to work smart, we'd still be in the stone age, grinding our bones and wearing ourselves out on hard work!

Sorry to say that, but I don't think that making yourself more productive in a quantitative way as in producing more with less counts as working smart.
No, you're actually the one in error as working smart, essentially means producing more with less input. With education and specialized training, people become able to work smarter by adoption and application of tools that increases efficiency and reduces waste of time and materials.

I understand that the difference between working smart and working hard may be subtle and hard (pardon the pun) to see and establish but more generally producing more with less or in a less amount of time doesn't count as working smart. You may just get more efficient or skilled with time but you would be still working hard because nothing changes in a major way. You would still be following the same routine. It is pretty much like overclocking your processor or using a faster one from the same family or of the same core architecture. On the other hand, working smart involves changing your whole approach to what you do in a radical, fundamental way.
Predator25

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:41:29 AM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
Working smart and working hard is almost the same and both are need when you enter a job. You can be a successful if you do both. But I think the most important among the teo is working smart. You have lots of idea to make your work easier which is really need in some business.
pencuri hati

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:08:14 AM

Working hard has two directions viewing angles that are obviously very different.
1. Work hard on other people : Of course this kind of work will benefit our boss to become richer (as op said), because our lives are easily controlled by the finger of our boss.
2. Work hard for (the company) myself : It's better because we can directly accelerate the growth (development) of our company to be more advanced means there are obvious reasons to get rich.

Meanwhile working in a smart way.
This's clearly the goal only for the advancement of the self not for the progress of others, in this way we can enrich ourselves even faster than working hard on other.
There are several factors that support this type of work, among others: skil, experts and cunning, these three factors are very potential to make someone work smartly.
yes I think you are, because these two things are very contradictory. Because working hard will not get the results commensurate with the work and the work we do, but if we work smart we will get the results commensurate with our work because the work of smart encouraging we are to go forward and succeed for the future.
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

I would like to work with smart than to work hard although both working smart and working hard are important in entering a job because it is what the company really need. Working smart is you giving your opinion, knowledge and ideas on how to make your work easy and not just easy you are also share your skills.
tbterryboy

Activity: 1918
Merit: 322

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:02:56 AM

To make it simple, working hard is following the basic rule in which you will go through a long and difficult process in order to achieve something. Working smart is having a unique and creative idea to cut the proccess. Hence, achieving the goal in a short period of time.

Take the story of Hare and the Turtle race, in which the latter won by outsmarting the hardworking and fast running hare.
It is very much difficult for you to differentiate between working harder and that of working smarter. There is only a slight difference in between both and that I think so that you need to do things smartly as well as you need to put in enough of efforts too so that you may then be able to make things happen in the way you wanted. You can’t rely on either of the thing in any way.
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:56:20 AM

I’d choose working smart than working hard although there is really not much difference between both because when you work smart, do you think your not working hard too? But if you work smart and know your way around then you would not be having problems in your line of work and it’d be so much easier for you too.

I'm inclined to think that the main difference is not what you feel regarding your work effort yourself (though this is important too) but rather what the common opinion is about what you are doing. If you are a road worker like those paving and surfacing laborers, everyone and his grandma would think that you are working very hard for the buck you get. But if you are, for example, a real trader, and I mean a real one, not of the type who consider themselves "professional traders" but are just pathetic losers in life, everyone will think you are earning easy money cause you are working smart as far as smartness goes.
simantobd

Activity: 162
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:04:35 AM

People have a specific movements. The person who is as smart as his job is as beautiful change fortune maternity Without the outcome of life, improving the life does not improve, on the other hand, smart increases the speed of his work. The more smart people, the higher they can work for. So working hard working smart vs working hard - an ultimate guide
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:35:54 PM

Addition: It's like effectiveness vs efficiency. Working hard is like being effective "adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result." And working smart is being efficient "performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort."

Actually, I quite like your comparison since I've been thinking along the same lines myself. With that said, though, this analogy is not always applicable to real life cases. For example, working smart may mean dumping your nasty work for as nasty a boss and switching to something which is more rewarding in all or many aspects (financially, intellectually, spiritually, whatever). Obviously, the latter case doesn't fit your definition very well because it is essentially outside its scope. Strictly speaking, that wouldn't even count as working smart, but we all think of this as a wise decision anyway (provided you succeed with your effort, of course).
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:38:57 PM

I't ok to work smart, but... be careful, to work smart, you need to BE smart, and the majority of  people aren't.
To work smart implis to take decisions on your own, to take risks, to take responsibility.
The majority of people prefer to take commands from a boss that to think by themselves.

So, work smart, if you can!

I don't quite agree that working smart necessarily involves taking risks, but I agree that you should make decisions on your own. And I agree that you should be smart in the first place, but if you don't pretend to be smart and thus claim to yourself you kind of deserve smart working, that shouldn't be an issue. If you don't put yourself in this artificial mindset, working smart will come about organically provided you are really capable of it, of course.
Streamlink

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:43:56 AM

Keeping in view, Bitcoin knowledge is the most important thing. Working smart and hard both are necessary but with knowledge. We should not overcome one on another because working smart can works out in some places and working hard works out in some places. So, overcoming of one on another is not valid. Bitcoin needs knowledge, you do not have to work smart and work hard. Regardless of working hard and smart one can get successes in getting profit from Bitcoin with knowledge.
Hell-raiser (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:12:28 AM

I have my own definition of this, which distinguishes it from both,
- Working hard means working from the thoughts of others or superiors. We just continue or in other words we apply that thought.
- smart work is, something that leads to work is from our own thinking, how we work becomes easier than others. we make work (of course that makes money) and we own that work our way.

I tend to disagree with this view. There is a saying circulating on the Internet which says that whatever you try to do has already been tried and it didn't work out (or something to that tune). And I think it can be rephrased as whatever worked out for others will likely work out for you too. So I don't consider it working hard if you follow someone's lead in working smart. Whether you actually succeed at reproducing the success of others by following their steps is a different question, though. But I see nothing wrong with that as long as you know and understand what you are doing.
holden4591

Activity: 72
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:28:29 AM

I think you should combine both.  This is the key to success. You need to be smart, work hard and also have a little luck. Do not expect a good result if you are not hard-working or if you do not do your job wisely.
hejioei

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:49:43 AM

Best thing to do is to work both smart and hard!
lowellsniper

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:28:10 AM

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches.

They say this as a way of saying: do not be lazy and push yourself.

What is your practical take on working smart?

have your own business and get good profits... if you work for a company, then you must raise money and build your own company, this is what I call smart work. In the company of owner you never know when the owner of the company will dismiss you and if you die your wife and children will suffer

But in case you have your own company, you die your wife and children will be managing the company.

working smart, is when you work to create conditions for the future you have your own company

Yes i agree with you, work in the company then save money out of your salary, build your own company even not big a company and now your the boss of your company you can do what you want, you have all the profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: