Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:47:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter to prohibit range of cryptocurrency ads  (Read 387 times)
alexbs (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:51:02 AM

According to SKYnews, the Twitter social platform would be preparing to implement a ban policy of advertising related to cryptocurrencies.

Twitter is preparing to prohibit a range of cryptocurrency advertisements amid looming regulatory intervention in the sector. The microblogging platform is following similar moves by Facebook and Google which have restricted financial advertisements due to concerns about illicit activities.

https://news.sky.com/story/twitter-to-prohibit-range-of-cryptocurrency-ads-11293387

War against the cryptocurrency has begun  Undecided there is also the imminent G20 meeting
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:56:12 AM

Twitter, Facebook and Google can all burn for all I care.  Never used Twitter until I got into Crypto and stopped using Facebook long before.  I am trying to disentangle myself from google but it is hard.  I do not use their search anymore and I use another provider for some emails.  Decentralization is a threat to their respective platforms. 
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:57:24 AM

According to SKYnews, the Twitter social platform would be preparing to implement a ban policy of advertising related to cryptocurrencies.

Twitter is preparing to prohibit a range of cryptocurrency advertisements amid looming regulatory intervention in the sector. The microblogging platform is following similar moves by Facebook and Google which have restricted financial advertisements due to concerns about illicit activities.

https://news.sky.com/story/twitter-to-prohibit-range-of-cryptocurrency-ads-11293387

War against the cryptocurrency has begun  Undecided there is also the imminent G20 meeting

this adds to facebook and google.

They are forced by banks. banks are getting far less money to lend, and that affects their income. Who is stronger? investors or goverments and banks. Watch the situation, analyse the technical analysis and act.

Goverments and banks want to control your money. The more money in the crypto, the less for them to tax and control. They will do their best to crash crypto. They havent even begun to regulate and they've already made the cryptomarket lose 60% of its value.

What do you think it will happen when all get together to crash it with taxes, regulations, bans and laws???Well, it will happen what it's happening, but way harder.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Kurva

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:57:31 AM

Why dont someone make a cryptogram or something only for crypto ?  Grin

etheraffle
Copper Member

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

Join the Etheraffle ICO Today!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 12:03:21 PM

Pretty extraordinary times - where is the pressure for these companies to enact these bans coming from? Given the presumably healthy amount of ad money crypto related spots generate for the platforms? Are sanctions being threatened behind the scenes?

muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:06:03 PM

It could be, but let's wait for official announcement guys.
I never trust any news except official meanings.
There are too many fake news from some stupid keyhole columnists.

vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:12:10 PM

Why dont someone make a cryptogram or something only for crypto ?  Grin

There are already many websites designs for crypto, crypto tract, ico list, ico statisticks etc. Ads sometimes only for those newbies, but those who really did research thoroughly will eventually find crypto or ICO even there are no ads presets, those legit and appreciated ICO will really be notices if it is really outstanding.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
weiweianll

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:20:00 PM

At least for now, twitter doesn't have an official ban on ico advertising!

If all of these social media bans the advertising of ico, it will have a great impact on the digital encryption currency!

I think there may be other social media is willing to release the ico advertising!
p.novotny

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:25:18 PM

Twitter, Facebook and Google can all burn for all I care.  Never used Twitter until I got into Crypto and stopped using Facebook long before.  I am trying to disentangle myself from google but it is hard.  I do not use their search anymore and I use another provider for some emails.  Decentralization is a threat to their respective platforms. 

I completely agree with you.
I don't trust ads from these services because they don't check for reliability of the advertisers. And their ban is directly connected to US trying to take control of all the cryptos in their country.

At the end of the day it will be against their own benefit. It makes no sense to decide to ban every add, given that, for example, most weight loss methods are scams an nobody seems to ban them

May be they are not banned because
1. there are few complaints
2. the amounts of loss of deceived clients is not comparable with the amounts of loss on scam ICOs.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:26:39 PM

I'm sure , facebook and twitter are worst advertisiments platforms for cryptocurrency, all these posts, reposts look more like spam. I would never invest in ICO based only on information from Facebook or Twitter. So, this will affect market, but not much. I think  this decision is just attempt to protect investors from the ICO Scam, there are too much last time.

muhdatha

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:28:52 PM

For example in many countries an alcohol advertising prohibited.. even a beer. But I don't think people stopped drink alcohol in that countries. Smiley

MJimenez

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:39:35 PM

But what is happening with so much prohibition? Facebook, Google and now twitter?  Angry Well I'm not going to take away the desire to investigate this fascinating world of cryptocurrencies! Hehehe Cheesy Cool
drogas

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:41:58 PM

I agree with you about FB and Google, but I've found that Twitter actually has some decent ads before.

With that being said though, I would love to see less scammy ICO ads, so I think this might be a good thing in the long term.
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Araw ICO

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:43:59 PM

I think it's not that that will drastically affect the rate of bitcoin.The currency has already developed very well and we have a very great future even without advertising

emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:45:51 PM

Has too much negative news recently, which means that the Cryptocurrency market of winter has come, money market because all bad news recently, various countries are going to do for Cryptocurrency market further restrictions.

muhdatha

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:50:25 PM

Has too much negative news recently, which means that the Cryptocurrency market of winter has come, money market because all bad news recently, various countries are going to do for Cryptocurrency market further restrictions.
Meanwhile fiat exchanges started use BTC futures.
And giant corporations decided to invest in huge mining centers. Smiley

darth_cryptorider

Activity: 470
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:58:53 PM

We don't  know it will bun all advertising or just aggressive or paid. But I think it will be good for industry at all maybe less people will get into scam ICO.
sunX3

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 01:03:25 PM

We don't  know it will bun all advertising or just aggressive or paid. But I think it will be good for industry at all maybe less people will get into scam ICO.

Indeed but it's also worth mentioning that there are plenty of platforms left for advertisements (this place, reddit, etc.).

So I think there will still be scammy ICOs, of course, but definitely less - which is a great thing.
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:03:46 PM

We don't  know it will bun all advertising or just aggressive or paid. But I think it will be good for industry at all maybe less people will get into scam ICO.

Not such a bad development in my opinion. If less people get scammed I'm all for it.
muhdatha

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:05:44 PM

IF so less people will invest in good ICO too so all industry can death I think.
But I think crypto is not a criminal or illegal yet so Social networks won't block it all.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: